It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam talking with his advisors about hitting Washington with WMD, hiding weapons, etc...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ABCNEWS PLANS AIRING OF SADDAM TAPES TONIGHT

(CNSNews.com) - Reportedly armed with 12 hours of Saddam Hussein's audio recordings, the organizers of an upcoming "Intelligence Summit" are describing the tapes as the "smoking gun evidence" that the Iraqi dictator possessed weapons of mass destruction in the period leading up to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

The U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which according to the New York Sun has already authenticated the Saddam tapes, has reopened its investigation into the possible existence and location of the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction (WMD). But some long-time liberal skeptics are showing no inclination to change their minds.

link

Hmmmmm.... I wonder where this will go? If this is true and we indeed find WMD's I wonder what people will think then. Hmmmmmm....

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags: [ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 15-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL!!!!

Wow I haven't been here in a long time and I really needed a laugh!

Haha!!!111eleven

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

LOL!!!!

Wow I haven't been here in a long time and I really needed a laugh!

Haha!!!111eleven

As always, a well structured, intelligent, and topical response Jak. Your consistency is amazing.

As for a reply to the real story: I am very curious to see more news on this as it is very significant.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before this information was no longer supressed and would be released. I read the article this morning. I hope that additional information garnered from the intel can provide a link to where they might be found now.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the linked article says nothing informative about what to expect.

If Saddam is overheard on a tape saying "Man I would love to attack America one day", that makes this entire Iraq War Fiasco worth it?

It only took them 4 years to come up with this rock-solid evidence? No other network or news agency in the entire world was able to do it in all the ensuing years?

Haha. Considering the amount of lies and misinformation that has come out of the White House, I ain't holding my breath for any ACTUAL news here.

I'll watch it, though, if only for the comedy factor.

Just as I have watched and listened to every single fake Osama tape that has come out. Just as I have watched on American media the "terror frenzy" that has made your country into a bunch of jumpy, paranoid cowards. I laugh and I laugh and I laugh that there are people buying all this.

You're buying it, but your kids will be paying for it. 3 trillion for Iraq, go go go.

jako

jako

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Saddam's tapes confirm he had active CW [chemical weapons] and BW [biological weapons] programs that were hidden from the UN.

which reportedly contains audio of Saddam Hussein discussing ways to attack America with WMD.

Did you even read the article Jakomo? And correct me if I am wrong, but stating that Osama tapes are faked is a matter of opinion correct? I mean aren’t you running with your own personal theories here backed by no factual information?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
One would think such a major news break would be able to bump the Cheney shooting feeding frenzy............

Again this could be very uncomfortable to so many "No WMD" crowd.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cogito:

Did you even read the article Jakomo? And correct me if I am wrong, but stating that Osama tapes are faked is a matter of opinion correct? I mean aren’t you running with your own personal theories here backed by no factual information?

Yes, I did. And, no, it is not a matter of my opinion, it is a widely held belief by the majority of the planet. Read some stuff by Professor Bruce Lawrence, head of Duke University's religious studies department. Or anyone who has been involved in counter-terrorism over the last few years and NOT affiliated with the Bushies...

www.unknownnews.org...

And WHO is saying that this is the smoking gun? Former federal prosecutor John Loftus? WTF should I take his word for automatically?

I'll watch and let you know back. But it is Nightline, so I ain't holding my breath.

PS> Funny thing. Loftus seems very leftist. Check out his site, he even has some articles about Bush-Nazi links. Hmmmm....

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Even when the truth is fed to you on a silver spoon and not shoved down your throat, you cannot see that the only ones who are blind are those Americans who do not support their own country. You do not have to like someone, but that does not mean you constantly bad mouth them. This gets you nowhere until eventually people don;t listen anymore.

Hopefully there is information garnered from the tape that can help to find the WMD's. It is not a matter of when they were there, but where they are now. Realize that Syria and Iran may be waiting to be attacked. Read the "art of war" , the tactic is taken straight from there. I feel that they are drawing us in, and then will attack with weapons that we cannot find. These are religious fanatics who believe in the original teaching of Mohammed, which is total domination of the world. They did it in 600AD, why not again?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Conserative Propganda?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85
Conserative Propganda?

Well I see that this news is going to upset a lot of folks,

Watched the early news report and it looks damning to those claiming no wmd at all.

ABC said that only a few hours of the tapes are translated of the total so more news to come. I'm tivoing the nightline report.

Found it interesting that (if I heard it right) that it was a UN body that had the tapes - not the Bush administation.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If it was the UN holding the tapes, did they know what was on them, or bother listening to them. If they did know, the UN would have been witholding evidence that Iraq did have WMD. And if you add in the Oil-for-Food program, it kinda makes sense. This may solve all of the controversy once and for all, or may be a wild goose chase. I guess well see.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why would Saddam want to record himself saying that he wants to attack the US? Just to remind himself to do it later if he forgot? This doesn't make sense. The only other option is that these are recent recordings of him pretending to say these things to keep from being tortured. I'm sorry, but with 4 years and technology you can come up with anything. Besides, those weapons were presents from the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

"We shouldn’t be surprised to see a car bomb with nuclear [material] explode [in] Washington, either germ or chemical," Saddam tells aides. "So this is coming,” Saddam says on the tapes, “but not from Iraq," he adds, seeming to indicate that Iraq would not be the source of any such attack.

Importantly, though, many U.S. intelligence experts say the 12 hours of tape does not solve the riddle of whether Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction before the 2003 U.S. invasion.

MSNBC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Saddam wanted to blow-up the USA! Stop the presses! What's the big deal? Bush wanted to paint US warplanes as UN planes to provoke Saddam into a war. They both wanted to attack each other. How is this a revelation? He was in a box, he couldn't do anything, he wasn't a threat. Are people still trying to find a justification for war? Heck, the Bush administration isn't even doing that anymore! Being fooled by Cheney and Rove isn't a character flaw. No one is going to call you 'stupid' for believing the lies that got us to invade. A lot of people were fooled. No one is going to scream, "I told you so!" This shouldn't be a pride issue. People are dying because no one wants to admit mistakes.

EDIT: Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! Did anyone read the article? He didn't have WMDs! He wanted them, but that was the reason we kept him in a box, and had sanctions. Bush wanted oil and a reason to attack Saddam, Saddam wanted to attack Bush, is today such a slow news day?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by curme]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh bollocks....

Can anyone in their right mind really believe this nonsence. Just how gullible do they think the populace really are, that they can spoon feed us this tripe and we just suck it in like zombies.

If these were true why have we not heard of this YEARS ago, when Bush really needed some factual evidence, when the world, americans, iraqi's etc needed confirmation and justification for the invasion.

so who is feeding us this rubbish?

The New York Sun on Feb. 7 reported that Rep. Peter Hoekstra's (R-Mich.) committee had obtained the audio tapes from former federal prosecutor John Loftus.

According to the report, Loftus received the tapes "from a former American military intelligence analyst."

No, really? The military passed on the tapes, gosh who would have thought. I gues they needed to get them into the public domain somehow after they made them. They couldn't really pop up and say "Gee look what we found!" without some close scrutiny.

But you can't interrogate an anonymous source to the tapes authenticity...

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prodicaliforniason
Why would Saddam want to record himself saying that he wants to attack the US? Just to remind himself to do it later if he forgot? This doesn't make sense.

Bingo!!!!!! you got it right there, Why Saddam want to record himself saying that he wants to attack the US?.

Because even until this day and time the Bush administration is trying to make sense on their main reason of invading Iraq.

And people are still falling for the lies.

Just like a Soldier interviewed from Baghdad said,

" He knows why they are in Iraq" is all about Capitalism, Globalization, Markets control and the middle east, the US wants to control the markets and Iraq was the best way to start in the middle east.

At least he knew what he was talking about.

MWDs my butt.
even our soldiers in Iraq knows very well why they are in that country for.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nevermind i read the article fully now. Hmm if he has biological weapons how come they havent been used?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Current news releases are not saying Saddam said he was going to attack the us. What the news said is Saddam Warned US of Terrorism

They ran a short segment last week were two Senators mentioned these very tapes and both had asked that the tapes should be released so the whole world could analyze them along with 35,000 boxes of other documents. they want the documents published on the internet also so that experts with the various language skills could interpret them, so they could get to the bottom of the issue once and for all.

I thought it was a rather good suggestion myself. Imagine no congress involved or other officials just plain old language experts rather then so called military experts. What better way to get to the real truth?

Think of 35,000 plus theories on what they said. Sure makes for some very good conspiracy topics in the end to me.

[edit on 2/15/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85
Conserative Propganda?

Absolutely. The Pentagon has had the ability to digitally recreate voices since at least 1999.

It's a bit too late in my opinion -- i mean they've had years to create evidence now..

[edit on 15-2-2006 by ekul08]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Vindication doesn't feel so great when you know you're correct in the first place

Okay, all you Bushies. How do you like the taste of your foot?

abcnews.go.com...

One of the most dramatic moments in the 12 hours of recordings comes when Saddam predicts — during a meeting in the mid-1990s — a terrorist attack on the United States. "Terrorism is coming. I told the Americans a long time before Aug. 2 and told the British as well … that in the future there will be terrorism with weapons of mass destruction." Saddam goes on to say such attacks would be difficult to stop. "In the future, what would prevent a booby-trapped car causing a nuclear explosion in Washington or a germ or a chemical one?" But he adds that Iraq would never do such a thing. "This is coming, this story is coming but not from Iraq."

Oh, let me repeat that last part: But he adds that Iraq would never do such a thing. "This is coming, this story is coming but not from Iraq."
Sounds to me like all he was doing was the CIA’s job for them.

Another GEM:

A spokeswoman for John Negroponte, director of national intelligence, said information contained in the transcriptions of the tapes was already known to intelligence officials.

"Intelligence community analysts from the CIA, and the DIA reviewed the translations and found that, while fascinating, from a historical perspective the tapes do not reveal anything that changes their post-war analysis of Iraq's weapons programs nor do they change the findings contained in the comprehensive Iraq Survey group report," she said in a statement.

"The tapes mostly date from early to mid-1990s and cover such topics as relations with the United Nations, efforts to rebuild industries from Gulf war damage and the pre 9/11 situation in Afghanistan."

Another:

Charles Duelfer, who led the official U.S. search for weapons of mass destruction after the war, says the tapes show extensive deception but don't prove that weapons were still hidden in Iraq at the time of the U.S.-led war in 2003. "What they do is support the conclusion in the report, which we made in the last couple of years, that the regime had the intention of building and rebuilding weapons of mass destruction, when circumstances permitted."

OMFG! The tapes PROVE without a shadow of a doubt that IF they had the material and the circumstances, they could if they wanted to, create WMDs. You know, just like you can in your garage?

The WMD travesty continues, and the loyal Bush puppies lap it up when it supports them, and then are strangely silent when it proves them wrong again.

Any takers?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join