It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Security in the US in the hands of Islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

How would you feel if, in the aftermath of 9/11, the U.S. government had decided to contract out airport security to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the country where most of the operational planning and financing of the attacks occurred? My guess is you, like most Americans, would think it a lunatic idea, one that could clear the way for still more terror in this country. You probably would want to know who on earth approved such a plan — and be determined to prevent it from happening.

Of course, no such thing occurred after September 11, 2001. In fact, the job of keeping our planes and the flying public secure was deemed to be so important that the government itself took it over from private contractors seen as insufficiently rigorous in executing that responsibility.

Now, however, four-and-a-half years later, a secretive government committee has decided to turn over the management of six of the Nation's most important ports — in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Miami, Baltimore and New Orleans — to Dubai Ports World following the UAE company's purchase of London-based Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Co., which previously had the contract.

www.renewamerica.us...

In case you missed it the US just turned over port security to radical Islams favorite hiding place UAE.

How do you get Nukes into the US..............just ship them in!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The UAE is no Syria or Iran... the UAE is a moderate, pro US regime that has provided bases for US forces in Iraq. In fact they've been hosting US forces since the first Gulf War. If the UAE is "radical Islam's favorite hiding place" someone really ought to let the 1100 US troops stationed there know...

[edit on 2/15/06 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The UAE is no Syria or Iran... the UAE is a moderate, pro US regime that has provided bases for US forces in Iraq. In fact they've been hosting US forces since the first Gulf War. If the UAE is "radical Islam's favorite hiding place" someone really ought to let the 1100 US troops stationed there know...

[edit on 2/15/06 by xmotex]

With the fact that it is most likely that the security forces will be Islamic there is a likelyhood that they can and will be infiltrated.

Let us not forget the "fraging" of the command tent by a converted army sargent.....................

Would you let the KKK act as security to a NAACP ralley?

Ox

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Seems to me that bush is planning another attack? er.. I mean the terrorists are planning another attack? Seeing that people are losing faith in the government and their BS! and the "war on terrorism" that really is just more BS!.. So.. Stage another attack, give these people something to worry about, Keep them in office and let his approval rating go up..
Ever noticed when his approval rating drops.. There is another attack somewhere in the world.. Madrid.. Bali.. Etc? Yeah..

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
In case you missed it the US just turned over port security to radical Islams favorite hiding place UAE.

How do you get Nukes into the US..............just ship them in!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-2-2006 by thermopolis]

If radical Islams have any association with the UAE why is bush holding this guys hand rather then trying hand over to the FBi ?

Please wake up and smell the coffee

[edit on 15-2-2006 by helium3]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

With the fact that it is most likely that the security forces will be Islamic there is a likelyhood that they can and will be infiltrated.

It's worse than you think.
There are thousands of observant Muslim soldiers in the US military.

If I were you, I'd panic...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ya know...what gets me most about this administration is how sneeky they've done everything. All these laws passed and unconstitutional things done..and they make sure it's all done OFF OUR SOIL...as to give them free release from any constitutional protection. It's really limitless what can be done. Just like the secret documents and agreements with the UAE in this news report.

Li nk(click here)

The administration did not require Dubai Ports to keep copies of business records on U.S. soil, where they would be subject to court orders. It also did not require the company to designate an American citizen to accommodate U.S. government requests. Outside legal experts said such obligations are routinely attached to U.S. approvals of foreign sales in other industries.

*Edited super-long link*

[edit on 23-2-2006 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I agree about the sneakiness aspect, but I've come to expect no less from this most dishonest of administrations.

That said, hell, if Dubai is anything to judge by, the UAE is pretty damn good at keeping terror at bay. (Hopefully I won't be proven wrong in the future.) I can think of worse administrators for our ports.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It does not really bother me thats its a UAE company what bothers more that is thats its a Company in pretty much name only. Its a goverment runned business a extension of the UAE not some private company.

US ports should never be in the hands of any foriegn goverment and

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.iabolish.org...

WOOHOO!!! These are the guys I want to take over my countries gulf ports! Child slavery? Forcing young boys to ride camels for sports simply because of their size? It just keeps getting better. 2005 was the turning point in mankinds society. I've heard the arguement that..."things are not worse today, we just have access to news faster"....I'd still have to totally disagree on that. Things are going to hell in a handbasket really fast. It's not really that society hasn't ever been in wars or had slavery...but the stakes are so much bigger now. They didn't have nukes that could wipe out the entire planet during Romes rule....

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Its a goverment runned business a extension of the UAE not some private company.

And that is the way most things work over there.

I trust the people of Dubai and their Government in general. There are always a few loose screws that can try to ruin things, but it doesn't always happen. And as far as I am concerned any group or organization can be infiltrated, just ask the CIA.

I have been to Dubai as part of a port visit when I was in the US Navy. The government over there set up a whole rec center for us sailors to get wasted in and take our money...just like they do here in the US. They ran their own tight security, with actual sign ins...not just ID checks.

You may be suprised to know that when ships pull in to these Arab Nation ports, that all the yard workers are Muslim. I had to take 3 men on a tour of classified spaces so that they could work on insulation for pipes. All three of these guys could have taken me down and planted a bomb and waged terror all over the ship. There are hundreds of American ships that pull in to these places every year, and nothing happens.

On the last day of our port visit, the USS Cole (DDG 67) was hit down in Yemen. We had already been going though the motions to get the ship back in to the Persian Gulf, and I must say the Dubai security force that we were provided with did an excellent just getting us back out more quickly after the threat level was raised to Def Con Charlie that day.

Something that I learned later on the Al Queda 2.0 from the Discover Times channel is that there was a planned attack on a US Navy ship in September of 2000. I was pretty happy to hear that on TV, because my ship was the only one that was in Dubai that month...If I hadn't heard that on TV, it was probably I would have already been dead.

Lets give these guys a chance...

Jeff

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
'The Islams are coming! The Islams are coming!'

You sound ridiculous Thermopolis, but you're not alone, so that must be comforting.

I think this deal is a bad idea, and it has nothing to do with Islamophobia. National security should never be outsourced to companies owned by foreign governments. That's just not sensible. Period.

The contention that all the security officers would be muslims is also baseless and islamophobic. It's childish, frankly. People just aren't thinking anymore, they've outsourced that function. :shk:

Port management is a serious affair, and there are companies in the US that could manage just fine. There's no reason to outsource billions of dollars worth of work and wages to Dubai, unless of course administration insiders are paying their dues...

Which is exactly what's happening!

This is cronyism! This isn't about 'Islams', or Allah - as another member and I were joking on another thread, this is about the Almighty Moolah.

If you're going to oppose this stupid outsourcing of national security, do it on sensible grounds for cryin' out loud. Not simply, 'eek! Islams!' I'm embarassed for y'all, because you're so shameless about displaying ignorance and intolerance.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just dont make any sense, after 9/11 Bush had who knows how many Arabs detained and arrested. And now he want to have these same people guarding our sensitive ports. Has to be alot of money being made by someone in this deal going down. By the way I just read an update that the UAE has put the whole deal on hold until it can be better examined, we shall see....

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The contention that Islamic members of society will somehow degrade national security is outright ignorant; what will degrade, and has, is this current administration whose marginal effort fortifying American's defences will eventualy lead to more attacks.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Most know I've often defended blind prejudice against Arabs...

this is not such a case.

This is a matter of allowing a state (regardless of it's religion/ethnicity, etc.) control of entrances to this nation, when that state:

1. Is one of a handful legally recognizing Taliban rule
2. Had 3 of it's citizens as hijackers on 9/11
3. Is not a firm ally of the US

It's simply not a good idea, any way you slice it.

top topics

join