It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Ghost is Not Faked Photography.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Having been looking at negatives and pictures most of my life as a photofinishing engineer, this to me is amazing.Thoughts?

[edit on 13-2-2006 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hmm. Lets rule out logical explanations first. Could it be a flash streak? A bug? or a photoshopped picture?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It may not be faked, but wouldn't it be logical to assume it is not a ghost first? Before jumping to conclusions. I have seen things like this on photographs I have taken personally. As I am sure many others have too.

My opinion...its a typical and common camera issue. Or possibly development issue. And everyone is looking into it too much, or at least Coast to Coast.

If 1 out of every thousand pictures has an "anomoly" on it, its only a matter of time before one comes up with recognizeable features.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Hmm. Lets rule out logical explanations first. Could it be a flash streak? A bug? or a photoshopped picture?

Having ruled out the obvious, I still think they were ghosthunting and one showed up.

Why should one be surprised if they are hunting and find what they are after?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Question... trying to be the skeptic "devil's advocate", isn't it possible a that a black dressed guy moved in front of the camera, with a low ASA/ISO film, in order to have that blurry effect?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i solved it. It's actually a flash of light (probably from a flashlight) thats hitting the wood grain on the cabin.

If you look closely at the picture, you can obviously seen the grains on the streak, which match the wood around it. Obviously there was a shape similar to a face in the wood which, when highlighted by both a flashlight, and probably theflash of the camera, made it a bright "face"

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's a long exposure trick, I'm fairly certain. Tonight if I remember I'll try my own and post my results.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That seems like an awful conveniant answer Wolf, I'm not sure i'm buying it.

Still, I'm getting the heck away from this topic. My downstairs neighbor committed suicide last night and i'm going to end up spooked as all get out if I don't move on. Hell, i won't be able to sleep tonight.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I did some simple photo cleanup and sharpening to try to highlight what I am talking about.

The face is convienant, but remember we always try to find faces in things (look atthe moon.)

Things to point out is that the girls face is casting a shadow upon the "ghost" (which I am about 90% positive is the wood cabin.) This means two things.

1. There is an obvious lightsource from the Camera
  2. The "ghost" or whatever the object is, is a physical object

Also notice the definite wood grains within the streak before the face, which appears to be quite flat.

I'm going to just say its the cabin, and a nice coincidence, but not a ghost.

[edit on 2-13-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looks to me like a light source is coming from the left (behind the girl) and reflecting off her face onto the wood. Think of an anti-shadow.
The ghost face is practically identical to the face of the girl, except it appears to be turned slightly to the right (due to the angle of reflection).

[edit on 2/13/2006 by Kruel]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Can someone explain why the top of region where the "ghost" apears is a strait line?

Not very convincing.

Remember, the easiest way of faking a photo is not faking it but photograph really something in a way that makes it look like something else.

And it does not matter how many years you have spent looking at negatives and photos if you are looking at something you do not even know how was made.

Edit: It is easier if I post the picture

[edit on 13/2/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is the most clear example of a photoshop fake i have ever seen... as has been pointed out the straight lines and the use of lateral and linear bluring.

You can see how the colour from the blur has been taken from the background.

Not convinced at all.

Dan

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This looks like a long exposure night mode flash shot. it does two flashes with an extended exposure. this gives scope for the camera to be suceptible to movement from shaky hands thus creating very dramatic blur effects from whatever source eg, the girls face. The "ghost" part looks to be very similar in looks to the girl on the bottom left. I think the camera man simply was too shaky for his flash setting. If you look at other objects in the photo such as the top of the house or the trees, they also suffer from similar but reduced blur effects, as they are further away, the closer it is, the more dramatic. Just my two rasspunce.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by Arrowhead]

new topics

top topics

join