It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Muslim's Setting Southern Church's on Fire?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just saw some breaking news on CNN and was pondering the question: Could the Muslim's be setting the church fires that have been going on down in the Southern state of Alabama? What made me think of the possibility was that the recent rash of anti-Musilm cartoons that have been going around and is the current rage all of a sudden, seems to have coincided in timing with the recent rash of fires that have destroyed 10 Baptist church's so far.
I see what they are doing over in the U.K. with all the riots and such. Knowing that the Muslim's claim to be a religon of peace, their actions would dictate just the opposite. Any other free-thinkers wish to respond?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
No. I do not think so.
It really doesn't fit whatesoever.

I'll be willing to bet you that when the culprits are found, it will be found that they are teens, maybe in their early 20's, with a history of being anti-authoritarian and maybe into self-styled Satanism.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
why would they do that here, wouldnt you expect them to be doing that stuff ib denmark, but wait nevermind we are all "infidels"

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It could be another Christian sect. They have some real wacky ones out there. Some let snakes bite them, some protests soldiers' funerals, some speak in tonques, some hate gays, some hate blacks, all kinds of flavors. Sure, there are moderate Christians, but some really seem insane.

EDIT: Some hate gays not guys. Although, there may be a sect of Christians out there that hate guys too!

[edit on 12-2-2006 by curme]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If it were extremists Muslims; I would think they would be burning Synagogues.

I'm with curme on this one. Wacked out Christian Sect. Or maybe just pyromaniac thrill seekers. Could be a devious insurance scam. who knows.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Good asumption, but with little or no fact.
The "snake handlers" do not allow people to bite them, but that does happen. It did. I don't think they are even practicing anymore. This activity, while dangerous, was an act that was demonstrating a Bible verse.

Regardless, we do not have any denominational feuds, folks don't burn each others' churches down.

Sorry, I know how it is when fantasy is destroyed, but if you'd like, you can continue with the BS and ignore the writing of this Alabama Christian.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Quote and obscene remark removed

[edit on 12-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ECKID, If you wish to make a personal attack on me that's fine, but my grandmother has nothing to do with this topic. Now that being said, it could be a diversion from any group. I just thought that the Muslim's while in their encensed rage would lash out at our religous instutiions.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The "snake handlers" do not allow people to bite them, but that does happen. It did. I don't think they are even practicing anymore.

Yes they are still around TC.

When we lived in Huntsville there were plenty of them up in the
North East corner of Alabama. Some in the Central Eastern part
as well. They definately were still around and thriving - this was
5 years ago. I doubt they all disappeared in the past five years
since we moved back North.

we do not have any denominational feuds

Well .... yes there are. But NOT to the level of burning
churches. At least not that I saw. The Baptists hated
everyone who weren't Baptist but especially the
Catholics and Church of Christ. The Church of Christ
hated everyone but especially the Baptists and the
Catholics. All the fundamentalist churches in Madison
(suburb of Huntsville) sent folks knocking door to door
to get people to 'see the truth' of what ever denomination
they were in and to 'talk bad' about everyone else.

There were feuds ... but not to the point of destruction
of property. At least not that far in Madison, AL.

Are Muslims burning the churches?

Highly doubtful. I really, really, doubt it.
I think this will most likely be a case of insurance fraud,
or some kind of denominational war under the Christian
umbrella, or even something satanic .. although they
usually go for the Catholic Churches.

[edit on 2/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Regardless of who is doing it the following will be blamed by the simple minded in the Christian community:

1. Satanist
2. Muslims
3. Gays
4. Democrats
5. Abortionist
6. Hillary Clinton
7. Gays
8. Teens from single parent families
9. Gays

These are the ones they blame for everything.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow! What a narrowminded and bigoted remark. Again, people wanting to paint Christians in such a way. Even when it is their churches burning, some take the time to point their crooked little fingers at them.
Thank you for your baseless input.

Now, for some fact:

the suspects are two males. That is all, so far.

Here's a little info from the Alabama region. Nobody is blaming any particular group, whether or not they are on your list. Chances are, however, the cuplrits probably are NOT good little Bible-followers, that much can be taken for granted.

Still, thank you for taking the time to stop by the thread and throw in your two cents' worth. I always appreciate being able to know, rather than having to guess.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Islamophobia at work. :shk:

"I've got pancreatic cancer honey."
"It must be those damn islamics!"

There's almost zero chance these actions were the work of muslim extremists. Police are looking for two white men in an SUV, last I heard.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Regardless of who is doing it the following will be blamed by the simple minded in the Christian community:

1. Satanist
2. Muslims
3. Gays
4. Democrats
5. Abortionist
6. Hillary Clinton
7. Gays
8. Teens from single parent families
9. Gays

These are the ones they blame for everything.

You do realize that there are a lot of reforms going on in Churches involving gays right. My church back home just started allowing gays as members. Its happening all over the Methodist community. You didnt think it out very much before you made this little comment did you. You think all Christians hate gays, Democrats, and those from single parent families. WOW!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ok, stop the presses. WyrdeOne and I are on the same side!
Give me a sec while I mark this on the calender.

Ok.

To add a bit to LudaChris' thoughts...
I know of no Christian church that does not allow homosexuals through the door. Perfect people don't need church, do they?
Whether it is homosexuality, pride, lying...you name it, we are to hate the sin but love the sinner. Anyone want to start hating the sinner? Start with yourself, as no man is without sin.
this is the way a Christian is, and believes. At least around here. I don't know about Oklahoma. Wait, yes I do...I know a couple of good-hearted people who hail from Commanche territory who fit the bill, too!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Islam makes it clear that Muslims are not allowed under any circumstances to burn holy places or books of non-Muslims or to abuse them.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
thawyze
But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TC
My brother! :hugs:

Here's some info that caught my eye.

www.cnn.com...

The above link describes the search for suspects, along with the FBI's role in the investigation, and, an extra bonus - the article claims more than 100 ATF agents are involved in the investigation.

What?! Are they now the Arson Tobacco and Firearms boys? What is their involvement in this case? Also, does anyone else here take issue with the fact that thousands of man hours are being spent each day hunting down petty arsonists?

Aren't there a bunch of other serious crimes with more drastic consequences that could use manpower like that?

This reminds me of a story I found a while ago about 900 federal agents banding together to take down 40 guys with warrants. Excessive doesn't even begin to describe it.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It does seem to me the simplest way to get to the bottom of this would be to arm church watchdogs with camera cellphones and hotlines to the police. These attacks are pretty prolific.

Okay, I know this is unrealistic, but I swear, if this was going on in my area against my denomination I would take a shift.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I can't see this being muslims,maybe a more local threat as TC suggests.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Or they could be set by the same people who always set things on fire when there is a money problem and insurance is involved... the owners....

Of course it is not politically correct to suggest that theory.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thawyze
Islam makes it clear that Muslims are not allowed under any circumstances to burn holy places or books of non-Muslims or to abuse them.

Really? That surely does not explain their historical actions, or even the actions since being given authority over Christian "Holy" sights in the West Bank area or Bethlehem.

Words...actions....
What is a "Holy" place to them and what is not depends on whether or not it is of their religion, it seems.

Anyway, W.O., the more feds involved only means that there is a bigger chance that the case will be bungled. Seriously, these are the guys who brought us Waco and Ruby Ridge!
For some reason, I fear that we will hear how the case was solved when the feds raided a Methodist church on Sunday morning around 11:20hrs; all attendees were killed, including the two "perpetrators" and the case will be closed.

Yeah, I know; so young to be so cynical.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join