It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Similar Stories in Different Religions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

Archetypes are what humans believe to be ideal examples of human beings.

Now, there is some drastic difference between ideal examples of human beings.

Hercules (or as the Greeks called him, Heracles) was a result of one of Zeus' many affairs he had against his wife, Hera. For this, Hera hated him and plagued him with fits of maniacal rage. On a few instances, Hercules commits rape. His worst trajety is when he kills his wife and children. Anyway, despite all the crappy stuff he did, the Greeks finished his story that he was good enough during his life to become a God.

The story of Jesus, on the other hand, is quite different. Jesus remained perfect during his whole life. He whipped some people at the temple, but only because they were desecrating the holiest place in town. He never killed anyone or raped anyone or did anything mean to anyone - Mr. Nice-Guy. In the end, he went to Heaven.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
No, I haven't read nor heard of those people before. I try my best to stay away from the misunderstanding's of ignorant young earth creationist's or similar like minded folk who think there's proof of this nonsense. In another thread someone said some junk about sand stone being evidence for a world wide flood ... obviously ignorant of what sand stone is. These are the kind of people today's world has to deal with. Children

So, then clearly the answer is no. You could not have possibly read it. These two researchers are exceedingly scientific in their evidence gathering, C 14 date testing, and their hypothesis is far from ignorant. It is, imo, the most rational, plausible, and logical explanation for the hundreds of pieces of evidence which they examined. It is probably not your type of book.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join