It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of personality tests :

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There are other psy test but they are not free.

This one is free :

www.humanmetrics.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Great Test!! Totally accurate in my case, which brings me to why I am posting this.

According to the test Results
Which closely resembles the other similar tests I've taken. The consistent results add to the accuracy when comparing these types of tests IMO.)

I am catagorized as INTP "The Architects" Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving

Here are a few traits. These are provided in order to understand MY POINT behind writting this which will come after:

INTPs exhibit the greatest precision in thought and language of all the type; they tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies in thought and language instantaneously.

The intellectual scanning of INTPs has a principled quality; that is, INTPs search for whatever is relevant and pertinent to the issue at hand. Consequently, INTPs can concentrate better than any other type.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

I love this!!
Authority derived from office, position, or wide acceptance does not impress INTPs. Only statements that are logical and coherent carry weight. External authority per se is irrelevant. INTPs abhor redundancy and incoherence. Possessing a desire to understand the universe, an INTP is constantly looking for natural law. Curiosity concerning these keys to the universe is a driving force in this type.

Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
Albert Einstein

The reason I point out these details is not NOT to brag, as I assure you there are other less admired traits also. The reason is because INTP Types make up only 1% of the population. Provided that statistics do have a range of accuracy still does not allow for much improvement in this case. 1 freakin' percent!!! This not only makes clear why I feel as though Society and I DO NOT MIX WELL, but also why Society seems to be coming completely unhinged. Such unbalanced percentages as these NEED to become balanced or things are certainly doomed.

Just so everyone understands what the High Percentages are, as scary as it is:
(Introverted/Extroverted)
Traditionalists=17%/28%
Experiencers=15%/25%
Idealists=5%/7%
Conseptualists=1%/2%
This is NOT a balanced and stable set of Numbers!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Seems like me
, I would say its fairly accurate account of my personality.

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yep i got INTJ also.

I bet there are probably alot of INTJ here even though us INTJ/Masterminds comprise about 1% of the population.

Nothing is impossible.

Our thinking is open minded.

BTW...very very accurate.

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Perhaps that we can actually Identify the typical ATS poster with the Myers-Briggs test. I believe that the average ATS'er has to be very select member of the populus. I couldn't image there are many people that would fit in here.

Darage, we represent 1% of the population, eh? Thats how unique we are

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Perhaps that we can actually Identify the typical ATS poster with the Myers-Briggs test. I believe that the average ATS'er has to be very select member of the populus. I couldn't image there are many people that would fit in here.

Darage, we represent 1% of the population, eh? Thats how unique we are

Interesting that the 3 posters to report back with results on this test so far are all in the 1% group. I also have a feeling that ATS members, dedicated serious members that is, would probably be catagorized in the Low Percentile Groups. I look forward to the results from other ATS members! Already I know of 2 other like minded individuals (according to the test that is) which is pretty cool. MrEisenhower, I've read many of your posts and as memory servers I do consider you to be a serious ATS member and someone who contributes as much content as possible when posting. DaRage, I'm not familiar with you yet but look forward to hearing from ya...

Just wondering if either of you consider the fact that the percentages given from the testing site are so unbalanced?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I am an ESFJ

Provider Guardians [ESFJs] take it upon themselves to arrange for the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of established institutions such as schools, businesses, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Wherever they go, Providers take up the role of social contributor, happily giving their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, that traditions are supported and developed, and that social functions are a success.

Providers are very likely more than ten percent of the population, and this is very fortunate for the rest of us, because friendly social service is a key to their nature. Highly cooperative themselves, Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of social events. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to approach others with ease and confidence, and seemingly aware of what everyone�s been doing. And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, able to remember people�s names, usually after one introduction, and always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to insure that all are involved and provided for.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them rather self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Because of this Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and will work most effectively when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the service they give to others. This is not to say that Providers are afraid to express their own emotional reactions. They are quick to like and dislike�and don�t mind saying so�tending to put on a pedestal whatever or whoever they admire, and to come down hard on those people and issues they don�t care for.

In their choice of careers, Providers may lean toward sales and service occupations. They have such pleasant, outgoing personalities that they are far and away the best sales reps, not only regularly winning sales contests, but earning seniority in any sales group within an organization. Observing ESFJs at work in a sales transaction reveals clearly how this type personalizes the sale. They are visibly�and honestly�concerned with their customer�s welfare, and thus the customer is not simply buying the product, but is buying personally from the Provider. This same characteristic causes them to be good in many people-to-people jobs, as teachers, clergy, coaches, social workers, office receptionists, and so on. Providers seldom become a source of irritation in the workplace; on the contrary, they are unflagging in their devotion to their company, and show such personal loyalty to their immediate superiors that they make invaluable personal secretaries.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well i am an intp aswell!!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

I'm in good company !

Famous INTJs:

Dan Aykroyd, actor (The Blues Brothers)
Susan B. Anthony, suffragist
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus), Emperor of Rome
Jane Austen, author (Pride and Prejudice)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr., conservative political advocate
Raymond Burr, actor (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane), actor (Fletch)
Phil Donahue, television talk show host
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel, actor (Hill Street Blues)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV, major league baseball pitcher
Peter Jennings, television newscaster
Charles Everett Koop, former U.S. surgeon general
Ivan Lendl, tennis champion
C. S. Lewis, author (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden, television talk show host
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova, tennis champion
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts, actor (Bonanza)
Maria Owens Shriver, television newscaster
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)
Rudy Giuliani, New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

U.S. Presidents:
Chester A. Arthur
Calvin Coolidge
Thomas Jefferson
John F. Kennedy
James K. Polk
Woodrow Wilson

Fictional:

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm INTP too. I think this was brought up indirectly in another thread a while ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm a Healer and Idealist:

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

Carl Rogers, one of the more able exponets of the NF Idealist way presents an excellent illustration of the tortuous and convoluted rhetoric seemingly required:

Becoming a Person means the individual moves towards being. knowingly and acceptingly, the process which he inwardly and actually is. He moves away from being what he is not, from being a facade. he is not trying to be more than he is, with the attendant feelings of insecurity or bombastic defensiveness. He is not trying to be less than he is, with the attendant feelings of guilt or self-depreciation. He is increasingly listening to the deepest recesses of the psychological and emotional being, and finds himself increasingly willing to be, with greater accuracy and depth, that self which he most truly is.
[Carl Rogers, On Becoming A Person. Boston; Houghton Mifflin, 1961, p. 176]

Although this passage is seen by other styles as at best speaking in riddles, and at worst, sheer nonsense, that same passage is revered by the NF as elegantly expressing the Idealist way-the search for self. To the NF, their motivation in life is to pursue the self-reflective end which defies itself: becoming. While the SPs, SJs, and NTs can go after their goals in straight forward fashion and at full throttle, the NF's search for self is circular and thus perpetual: How can one achieve a goal when that goal is to have a goal? The NF's "truest" self is the self search of itself, or in other words, her purpose in life is to have a purpose in life. Always becoming himself, the NF can never truly be himself, since the very act of reaching for the self immediately puts it out of reach. One becomes oneself if and only if one does not. This paradox is the NF's burden throughout life, and his job, quite apart from her goal, is to resolve the paradox. Most do, some do not. The ones that are happy and productive; the ones that do not suffer.

Idealist Communication
NFs are extremely sensitive to subtleties in gestures and metaphoric behavior not always visible to other types. He is also vulnerable to adding dimensions to communications which are not always shared or perceived by the commonly found SJs and the SPs. However these added dimensions are understood by the NTs and playful discussions about abstract ideas are found when NFs and NTs are lucky enough to find each other.

The zeal to connect disparate ideas is why the Idealist communication is often laced with metaphors, ascribing features to people and things that belong to other people and things - animate or inanimate, visible or invisible. NF's have no trouble saying this person is a devil, or that one is an angel. It isn't that the first person acts like a devil, he is one; and the other person doesn't simply have the attributes of an angel, she is one. And the sun smiles at us, a corporation is grasping, a train roars, and love is a rose. In just this way Gandi described his search for what he called "Absolute Truth": "The little fleeting glimpses...I have been able to have or Truth can hardley convey an idea of the indescribable lustre of Truth, a million times more intense than that of the sun we daily see with our eyes."

I guess this explains why I have such a hard time connecting with people. I only exist in 3% of the general population. Seems like there should be more Idealists. Oh well, life's more interesting when everyone is different anyways!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
my husband also came out as INTJ which I don't think really describes him, but my result was INFJ -a counselor. the description was pretty much on the mark for me.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Interesting, I am classified as an ISTJ or an "inspector" and oddly enough, I am an electrical inspector. hmmm
Very accurate description, although I am in the same group as eeyore.

[edit]i spel gud.
Peace,
BG

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by beergoggles]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
INFJ (introverted intuitive feeling judging)

typelogic.com...

I'm special!! Actually, I love this:

They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress.

because it's sooo me.

-B.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thankyou Mojom

Well theres three of us already that are INTJ's.

The greatest thing about the Myers Briggs test is that it can accurately place someone into a personality bracket, and showing by the results so far, people have been placed into a postion which they can identify with. What is so interesting is that it shows some people are born to lead and others to serve.

People are destined for different things. But it also shows that personnality isn't just genetic.

My parents are both INFP's (and by the way, it is unusual for a man to be an INFP) and I came out as an INTJ, in mathematical terms thats a 50% difference.

Keep the Myers-Briggs results coming ... !

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i am an INFP

introverted 78
inituitive 56
feeling 44
percieving 11

does anyone know the percentage of people who are infp's

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Introverted Sensing
ISTJ, ISFJ
17 %
Introverted Sensing
ISTP, ISFP
15 %

Extraverted Sensing
ESTJ, ESFJ
28 %
Extraverted Sensing
ESTP, ESFP
25 %

Introverted iNtuitive
INFJ, INFP
5 %
Introverted iNtuitive
INTJ, INTP
1 %

Extraverted iNtuitive
ENFJ, ENFP
7 %
Extraverted iNtuitive
ENTJ, ENTP
2 %

Edit to add link:

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally by TheFiresOfHeaven
i am an INFP

introverted 78
inituitive 56
feeling 44
percieving 11

Another INFP! I was afraid I was the only one!

my preference percentages were I=44; N=44; F=11; P=78

We only make up about 3-5% of the general population, which I guess explains the world's lack of Idealism.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But I really don't think it fits me
Good find Nans~It was entertaining..
Mags

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is some of the most reliable and valid psychometrics around.

If you answered the questions honestly, then it fits...

Although maybe some of us would think a little about our 'ATS personality' when we take a personality test that's been linked from ATS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join