It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US War Policy: Insanely Hypocrital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Or are you contending that Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Carter and Clinton are still running the country

No, they are not the republican party and Bush are.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
On hypocrisy.. it just keeps getting better and better.

Now it appears our southern neighbor Brazil is moving ahead to become a major player in the world nuke club. So where's the outrage, the fear, the need to crush their program before they threaten the world with their nuclear ambitions?

You know Iranians must be shaking their heads in almost-disbelief.

Brazil poised to join the world's nuclear elite
By Jack ChangKnight Ridder Newspapers

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - While the world community scrutinizes Iran's nuclear plans, Latin America's biggest country is weeks away from taking a controversial step and firing up the region's first major uranium enrichment plant.
That move will make Brazil the ninth country to produce large amounts of enriched uranium, which can be used to generate nuclear energy and, when highly enriched, to make nuclear weapons.
www.realcities.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, ECK, I'm not sure what the Brazilians enrichment program has to do with US war policy, but......
or is Bush to blame for that too :shk:

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by shots
Or are you contending that Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Carter and Clinton are still running the country

No, they are not the republican party and Bush are.

Shots, you left off Kennedy, Reagan and Bush I.

Marg, Johnson, Carter, Clinton and Kennedy are/were DEMOCRATS.
Eisenhower, Nixon, Bush, Reagan and Bush are/were Republicans.
You can see BOTH parties were in the Oval Office presiding over US policy in the last 60 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It points out how bogus all this WMD-fear mongering over Iran is. It's a problem, but its not the cataclysmic threat they're making this out to be. Same crap as with Iraq. Paul Wolfowitz admitted in Vanity Fair they just used that argument to scare the crap out of everyone.

After Iraq, there is no excuse for naivete.:shk:

Do you all know that Reagan started out as an FDR Democrat? He was like my grandpa Bailey. Grandpa was a strong Reagan Republican, but told me his father would whip him if he knew.

Eisenhour, though a Republican, could be very Democrat-like; especially on issues regarding nuclear use. He (and Reagan both) wanted all countries to disarm and to give sole authority of its us over to the UN.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Interesting background, ECK.
The ONE GUY I forgot to mention in this nuclear saga is TRUMAN.......must been a fruedian slip of some kind.
He certainly had some kinda nuclear policy

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Shots, you left off Kennedy, Reagan and Bush I.

I did mention Kennedy early on but in his case he was responding to the Russian threat over our missiles in Turkey. I am not sure he had a nuclear policy although it was obvious he would use them if need be.

Sorry I must have been having a conservative moment on Bush I, (I do not recall Reagon threating to use them) my bad

[edit on 2/12/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Interesting background, ECK.
The ONE GUY I forgot to mention in this nuclear saga is TRUMAN.......must been a fruedian slip of some kind.
He certainly had some kinda nuclear policy

Thanks, DToM. Reagan's background, to me, is the most interesting. His evolution politically speaking, shows his independence and willingness to re-evaluate his positions. It also shows that he was hardly the warmonger liberals made him out to be. It could also explain his tremendous popularity across the aisle. He was also much more intellectual than people are willing to admit. Despite what many around here think of me, Reagan remains my favorite president of the 20th-century.

As for DEMOCRAT Truman, the only man on earth who has ever authorized nuclear attack on another nation, he was very Republican-like in that respect. Arguments can be made for and against that action.

Kennedy was also very Republican-like in his fiscal policy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join