It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 most recently subscribed threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has this been taken away from the ATS website banner for everyone? It's only happened in the last few days.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
maybe they just need more room for advertising to finance the site.....just a guess, though.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I noticed that, doesn't really make a difference though. Just click on MyAts, so much simpler.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I miss that banner. It was handy.

I keep seeing the same few ads over and over. The advertising provider has figured out I'm from Canada and keeps repeating the same few banners aimed at Canadians. Mostly I see the TD Visa one. Could someone tell them I already have a TD Visa so they will leave me alone?

The good part of this is that I am acutely aware that there is some sort of cookie or something that allows the new ad provider to know what country I live in, so I'll be spending the weekend cleaning up my computer. It was long overdue for a reformat anyways.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah I've noticed that too, it's a shame because I keep having to load 'myats'. That was a very useful tool - please bring it back ATS!!!!

Pretty Please...?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think ATS is planning to increase the number of servers and/or upgrade the system. With the whole ATS TV Show thing coming up there'll probably be an influx of new members. The ads will help make ATS a safer, faster, site.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
CPR is right. ATS is rather unique in that it's not content to sit in one place and shout at the wind, but instead seems to be constantly seeking new ways to bring in new insights and put out facts in new venues. All of this takes capital.

Not only do I not mind the ads, from time to time I'll actually click one just to do my part- matter of fact I almost took one of the offers recently (never thought I would) but the terms of the offer were too vague for my liking.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
already 2 threads on this one here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join