It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barton Mansion ("Entity" caught on tape)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The argument that the entity couldn't have opened the door seem's somewhat void to me- we don't even know what it is, how can we predict it's behaviour? I know plenty of hauntings where objects were moved, are they all "poltergeists"? What I found fascinating about the video though is that the actual mansion is a pretty creepy place- satanic rituals (raw meat circles and stuff like that- is that on the video or the pics? Can't rremember) and the house was a body dumping site. Also owned by a Freemason. Thus if there ever was a place where you could catch something weird, it's that mansion. Could have been a hobbo though, but I found the things height pretty weird. Hey, can somebody living in Redlands visit the place discretely to check it out for us?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
The argument that the entity couldn't have opened the door seem's somewhat void to me- we don't even know what it is, how can we predict it's behaviour? I know plenty of hauntings where objects were moved, are they all "poltergeists"? What I found fascinating about the video though is that the actual mansion is a pretty creepy place- satanic rituals (raw meat circles and stuff like that- is that on the video or the pics? Can't rremember) and the house was a body dumping site. Also owned by a Freemason. Thus if there ever was a place where you could catch something weird, it's that mansion. Could have been a hobbo though, but I found the things height pretty weird. Hey, can somebody living in Redlands visit the place discretely to check it out for us?

Im nowhere near an expert on the subject of ghosts/beings ect, but I dont think that the physical movement of objects is limited to poltergeists- wether or not they are known for such activities does not mean that other types of entities could possess the same kind of power/ability.

The mansion itself is the thing that gets to me in the video. Since the house was the lair of satanistic rituals, a freemason and a dumping site for a body...it makes me wonder if perhaps this entity may be real, and perhaps there could exist others. However, without the still shots of the "entity" I never would have noticed it because of the shaky camera.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah its pretty creepy. However i tend to get suspicious when people starts selling stuff. Theres also pictures that some anon send heres the link. www.bartonmansion.com...

The guy says there was also some wiccan rituals that took place there in the seventies. Noticed the 2 last pictures of a woman in a circle of fire and the one lying on the ground. One looks a bit fake to me.

This whole thing looks real so far. Its not very probable that the "entity" was the owner (there was none) or someone waiting there to scare adventurers. Or some hookers. I mean look at the house. Who would stand there with no electricity forever waiting for someone to explore the house? What are the odds that it was someone playing a prank? They are quite slim from what we can read.

Last question. Why do all the haunted house stories starts off with an indian cemetary?

Oh, and I just read that the mansion is now privatly owned and fully restored. Id like to talk to the new owners to see if anything sttrange happens.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by MattMurphee]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As much as I would love to believe that this was real, it just seems really fake to me. The "Entity" really does look like a man in a cheap sheet-type ghost Halloween costume. Plus the website itself does just seem like it's exploiting the buildings history in order to make a quick buck.

It will take more than said video to convince me of any goings on there. The photo's page linekd above me seems to only convince me even more that it's all a hoax.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The photos of smiley woods are pretty weird, I think that it's fake... all of it including barton mansion... he put to much time puttin together the story, sounds fake, then the smiley woods thing just made me belive it all was fake because the guy was looking in a body bag, which no sane person would do, there was a goblet, which I think they tried to put a pentagram on but they messed up, because the star wasnt upside down... I think it's a fake...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Me too, after watching the smiley woods pictures i realized that its probably faked. The altar, the star and above all the freakin cauldron are too much of a cliché to be true. If i found a bodybag soaked in blood id call the police first thing in tha mornin. And these guys seems pretty good with photoshop.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I watched it again frame by frame, he actually walks back into the room contrary to the story... where he chased them...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Fake, I'm pretty sure that is not the behavior of any entity.. and the lantern is just silly, heh.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just because there is a lantern that alone cannot suggest that the movie was faked. I've heard countless ghost stories that involved unexplained lights. Besides, if you look at the still-shots of the entity you can notice that the light turns off somehow as it's walking out from under the doorway. And also, if you read their Story you can see how he reacted when he had this encounter. "Felt like the walls were closing in on me" if you ever witnessed a frightening encounter, you will know what he is talking about. That feeling is Fear+Adrenaline, it's a horrible feeling to deal with mentally because sometimes it can effect someone long-term. Also the way they reacted in the movie, you can hear it in his voice when he says "Ooohoh sh*t!" , theres abit of studder wich indicates that a negative feeling of Fear overwhelmed him at that moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerraOurHome
Just because there is a lantern that alone cannot suggest that the movie was faked. I've heard countless ghost stories that involved unexplained lights. Besides, if you look at the still-shots of the entity you can notice that the light turns off somehow as it's walking out from under the doorway. And also, if you read their Story you can see how he reacted when he had this encounter. "Felt like the walls were closing in on me" if you ever witnessed a frightening encounter, you will know what he is talking about. That feeling is Fear+Adrenaline, it's a horrible feeling to deal with mentally because sometimes it can effect someone long-term. Also the way they reacted in the movie, you can hear it in his voice when he says "Ooohoh sh*t!" , theres abit of studder wich indicates that a negative feeling of Fear overwhelmed him at that moment.

Hmm something must be goofed with my browser or something because I dont get audio when I watch the movies. Ill try again and see if it works.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ok so I watched this frame by frame as well, and the most convincing thing to me is the way it goes back into the doorway. Notice that it seems to slide diagonally to the bottom right of the doorway fading and disappearing as it does so. That’s what makes me think it is real. The lantern is what makes me think it’s fake, it just looks like a glow stick as somebody mentioned earlier.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It screams FAKE!

The scary music the layout, looks just like the websites made for movie trailers or books.

Its too professional to be real, and the selling of products only serve to set the real motive.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Holy shieties. That freaked me out. I dunno what to say of its real or fake. Reminds me of a scary (not as scary) experiance i had. Back in the day some friends & I decided to venture into an abandoned house near me. We entered through a basement window that we could open. This house was one of the oldest in our fairly newer town. We explored the basement & went upstairs to the first floor. Floor 1 was just abandoned. The sink didnt even have water working anymore. We saw a boarded up door spray painted on it DO NOT ENTER. We couldnt get it open. We also couldnt find a staircase to the second floor which was wierd. So we assumed that door boarded up was it. We decided not to open it & after I checked every room & closet on floor 1 & found nothing, so we got bored, so we went back down to the basement to leave. When we all got back to the basement we heard 2 loud thugs from the upstairs. We all looked at each other & immediately darted for the basement window we entered through. I can understand the fear the guys had in the video cause we had a similar feeling. After we left that night, we talked abt what we heard. Our conclusion came to that there could have been a bum in the house, it could have been something we moved & fell that made the noise. Or it could have been a ghost. We dont know & that ghost in the video could have been a bum coming outta the closet with a weapon in his hand to defend himself, who knows.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's a guy in a sheet with a lantern wearing a nosferatu mask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join