It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Supposed" Aurora Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I thought I would post these photos of the rumored highly classified Aurora Hypersonic Spyplane that have been causing quite a stir on the net these past few weeks for people to take a look at, and decide for themselves as to the authenticity of these images. I have sent the photos to a few "experts" and all have come back with the same conclusion, about 80% sure they are fakes. I blew them up for myself on Photoshop 7.0 and played with the color/contrast and the strings that were holding, more than likely the X-7 Thunderdart Testor Model, up were very visible. But again, take a look at them for yourselves with an open mind and voice your opinions. Personally, I think they are fakes. I'll have to give a few links because I can't seem to attach the pics here. Enjoy.

forum.a-10.org...

The pics can also be viewed at :

aurorapage.tripod.com...

[Edited on 20-10-2002 by Chris280981]

[Edited on 20-10-2002 by Chris280981]

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Whoa...

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Interesting photographs but with absolutely no foreground or background to determine scale, these images could easily be a model.
not quite as ~conclusive~ as one might hope.

jra

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 06:52 PM
link   
seems kinda fishy to me. it could easily be a model hanging infront of the camera. wouldn't be hard to do at all.

the guy claims the Feds or who ever told him not to say anything. yet he says he's getting the pics published in a mag along with an article. doesn't seem to scared of the Feds.

it just doesn't feel right to me, but i guess time will tell.

[Edited on 29-10-2002 by jra]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:12 PM
link   
After looking at the pics......... the ones one the left are poor quality you really can't tell much off of them but the two right ones look fake. In the third from the left you can easily see the string/wire on that one!
This being the case how did this get as much press as it did?!?!?!

hmmmmmmm...........

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by UniQue Werkx]

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:19 PM
link   
05 NOV 2002 p.m.

I have been looking into Aurora, photos are possible Fra's [frauds]. Might be part of dis-info. operation, but I conclude it is just a fake. I would like to see the explanation documents/paper trail behind them.

Sincerely,
Mr. Matt Guza

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's a mock picture of the Aurora hypersonic spyplane

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Excellent work, Chris -a very interesting article: Aurora-faking is, of course, something of a cottage-industry on the Net: even now all that one could say is truly "known" is the use of "Aurora" as a project name in Pentagon estimates a few years back.
I've often thought the name referred to something else and the Aurora aircraft leads were disinfo that the credulous greedily fell upon.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Excellent work, Chris -a very interesting article: Aurora-faking is, of course, something of a cottage-industry on the Net: even now all that one could say is truly "known" is the use of "Aurora" as a project name in Pentagon estimates a few years back.
I've often thought the name referred to something else and the Aurora aircraft leads were disinfo that the credulous greedily fell upon.

Interested about the aurora? Look for F-121 Sentinel, A-17
or XR-7 Thunderdart.

These could be some answers for those Aurora Maddies!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It looks almost exactly like the Bill Sweetman Aurora design, which makes me suspicious. Could be some clever kid dirtying up a CGI image to make it look "real".

[edit on 10/31/05 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This was debunked by the poster of the pics on the A-10 forum, who admitted on about page 10 of the thread that he had faked the pics.
Apparently taking a model aircraft and changing it up a little.

In his first posts he said that he saw this bird coming in for a landing and snapped the photos but one must wonder, if it's coming in on one single approach and not doing "touch and goes" how the hell did he manage to get so many different angles?

Anyway, it's debunked.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
indeed good call intelgurl. I had come across the same photo this past summer and found the same explination as you on the A-10 forum. The guy fessing up to the fact that he shot the pictures and actually forgot about them and he had put the film into a fridge which is an old trick to preserve the film for a short time. He forgot about them as i said and he ended up developing them like 3 years later i believe and when he got them they had the grainy look to them and made it even harder to see the wires and shuch. So yah basically fake.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Makes you wonder why people do these "fakes".After seeing so many things like this its kinda hard not to be sceptical when i first see any picture,be it Aurora,UFO etc when people do things like that.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by bmdefiant]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
And therein lies the problem of linking "other" boards material...

Great job on the debunk guys/gals.

Thread closed.

top topics

join