It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Comics!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you are over the age of 10 and still look at or collect comics then you really need to get a life.

P.S. Have a Nice Day with Superman

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you are any age and have nothing better to do other than to dis people online than you really need to get a life.

P.S. Have a nice day trolling.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by myles91
If you are over the age of 10 and still look at or collect comics then you really need to get a life.

P.S. Have a Nice Day with Superman

P.S.S If you need to take the time out of your day to Ridicule people who do I think YOU my friend are the one in dire need of the Aforementioned life....

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The stuff I read shouldnt actually be viewed by someone under the age of ten, but then I guess if you cant make the distinction between graphic novels, manga and the poorly concieved and ill informed idea of comics then its a pointless dicussion now isint it?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
With his Bowel Disrupter that is Mwuahahahahahahahah!!!!11!!1!

If anyone under the age of 10(or 16 for that matter) is reading this Graphic Novel series I seriously question the responsiblity of the parents for letting their children read such a Graphic Novel.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes after age 10 you need to get a job with a drill and grow some beards.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
hey the comics in newspapers are shiznit! (great) ok i guess comic books are for little kids but ill be reading newspaper comics till i cant read anymore!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can i just say one thing... why come into a COMIC forum and try and wind people up?

If you had a problem or a rant you should have went into the RANT forum. Not come into this forum where people actually like to read and talk about comics.

So the next time you make a thread make sure it is posted in the right forum and if you have an problems then u2u a mod, so they can point you in the right direction and tell you were to put your post so it wont cause problems with members.

oni x x

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The reality there is few comics out there for young children anymore.
Marvel Comics uses its own rating system. It goes like this.

Marvel.com
# ALL AGES
Appropriate for readers of all ages.

# T+
9+ years old Appropriate for most readers, parents are advised they may want to read before or with younger children.

# PARENTAL ADVISORY
15+ years old Similar to T+ Suggested for Teen and Up, but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery. Recommended for teen and adult readers.

# MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT
18+ years old Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX Comics banner, (created specifically for mature content titles) MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the "MAX: Explicit Content" label very prominently displayed on the cover. MAX titles will NOT be sold on the newsstand, and they will NOT be marketed to younger readers.

Most of Marvel's comics will fall into the T+ or PA ratings. Very few of them are rated "all ages." I can only think of 3 for sure that are rated "all ages."

Even DC comics big hit smash of last year involved the rape and murder of a super hero's wife.

Many movies that are based on Comic books are rated "R". A few off the top of my head are From Hell, Punisher, and Sin City. If you see a ten year old with a copy of Sin City in their hands I bet their parents are pretty negligentful.

Maybe back in the 60's American comic books were for kids but today the average comic reader is 25.

top topics

join