It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now..For the Most Ridiculous News of the Day....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

First Grader Suspended for Harassment
Feb 08 1:23 PM US/Eastern

BROCKTON, Mass.

A first grader was suspended for three days after school officials said he sexually harassed a girl in his class by allegedly putting two fingers inside the girl's waistband while she sat on the floor in front of him.

The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, said she "screamed" about last week's suspension from Downey Elementary School, and added her son doesn't know what sexual harassment is.

"He doesn't know those things," she told The Enterprise of Brockton. "He's only 6 years old."

School officials declined comment to The Enterprise, citing the child's age.

What can i say? A child pulling the waist of another child. It brings back memories of the pupil who sat in back of me and tied my hair into knots .

What is going on in this country?????

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
pulling her wristband is sexual harrasment? a first grader? 6 years old?

sounds like a playground story to me

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Every time a story like this pops up in the news all I can do is shake my head in disbelief. Although I don't know why things like these suprise me anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is very simple Dg, when is bias involve or teachers that feels contempt for certain students or even their parents is always ways to get to them.

I am very surprised that people are not taking their children by the thousands from the the public school system because the truth is that our current educational system is the worst that this country has seen since the 80s and that was bad then.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
By the way, this story is posted on Drudge Report also.

Incredible.

Sorry if i posted this story in the wrong forum. Darn.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Police state.

Man, this makes you wonder what will be next. Do we have anyone on the forum who is in law enforcement?

What policies are you guys being fed these days.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Schools should know more about the behaviour of children, no? Isn't this what kids do? Heck I vaguely remember doing something similiar when I was a tot.

Utterly ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It didn't say he pulled her waistband. It said he put his finger in her waistband, touching her skin, and then the girl complained.
The mother said he doesn't know what sexual harrasment was but this is a good time to teach him.

Suspension may have been wrong but he should have been reprimanded.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Heck I vaguely remember doing something similiar when I was a tot.

Aha! So you confess to this crime?

There he is officer, arrest him!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
It didn't say he pulled her waistband. It said he put his finger in her waistband, touching her skin, and then the girl complained.

Well taking in consideration the kind of fashion that are out there for littler girls I wonder if her pants were low raiders and she was wearing short blouse to show her now fashionable belly button.

So how in the world you are not going to touch skin like that?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well taking in consideration the kind of fashion that are out there for littler girls I wonder if her pants were low raiders and she was wearing short blouse to show her now fashionable belly button.

So how in the world you are not going to touch skin like that?

It would have been skin beneath her waistband which would be even worse if she was wearing low riders.

Anyway, the school says they would not have suspened him without an investigation so maybe there is some merit to their punishment.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Clearly the school's disciplinary policy is out of touch (pun) with the realities of child behavior.

My son is in first grade. His school has a red light green light policy. At the end of the day, the child receives a colored piece of paper. Green is good. Yellow, means you misbehaved in some fashion and some parental notification is in order. Red is bad and is usually reserved for egregious violations like fighting, hitting, etc. Red is usually followed by phone calls from the parent to the teacher.

This was a “red card” infraction that did not require a suspension.

My guess is that the reason that they did so was out of fear of a lawsuit from the girl’s parents.

Blame the lawyers.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

It would have been skin beneath her waistband which would be even worse if she was wearing low riders.

You know children will be children I spend about 4 years working with kindergarten to 5th graders before moving to Junior high, and the littler ones they are a handful and they like to push, shove and grab.

I find kind of ironic that somebody is accusing a 6 year old of sexual harassing unless the school is aware that the child has been exposed to sexual molestation.

I remember that we were made aware of children with Problems and we were to notified any disturbing behavior.

Plus I have a littler one that went grab my butt onces in the classroom and he was not one of the Problem children.

The child got suspended because after all he did something that he knew was not allowed.

His parent didn't made any big deals about it either.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its this whole "Zero Tolerance" rule . Its crazy that a 6 year old can be accused of sexual harrasment .

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You have to have malice of forethought before you can acuse, and this poor 6 year old had no malice.

The child was African-American, maybe that explains it somewhat.

Children will be children. Werent you??? Ace, did you skip that stage of your life???

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That's what I think of this.. I mean... really.. Imagine the trouble the teacher would have been if it hadda been then.. Just trying to fix the kid's pants or pull em up or something.. What is the world coming to? Really.. Sexual Harrassment.. This is probably some kid who's parents take them to therapy three times a week for some pseudo disorder that the kid doesnt and never will have.. fill them full of drugs and stupid BS and turn the kid into some raging psychopath.. But that's just one possibility.. I could be wrong..

Seriously though.. all this is being taken too far.. i doubt the kid had a pocket full of trojans and a video camera set up in the coat room and was going to make his parents proud..

Makes me wanna puke.. Poor kid..

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Ox]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Any day now a one year old will be accused of some atrocious criminal activity.

If i had any young children, i'd educate them myself. Never mind the social contact.:shk:

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmm.. Educate them yourself? No offence.. But.. There are times when that just helps ruin the kids further.. Children NEED social interaction with other children, they need to play with other children and be silly.. and Know that it's ok to do these things..

As I said.. my only guess would be that the parents involved are some whiny little waste's of space that take their kid to therapy to avoid the fact that they're a bad parent.. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Your assumption that this kid has psychological problems is RIDICULOUS.

Wow, no wonder this ended up on BTS. Its not important.:shk:

Ox

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wasnt presuming that the kid has a psychological problem, If you go back and read my post I said. basically that AFTER all this crap, he/she WILL have a pyschological problem.. And the parents are the ones who usually are to blame.. I mean.. today, a kid sneezes and it's off to the Doctor for medicines and BS.. A kid listens to a certain type of music and they're in a therapists office.. Yeah..If I were a kid today I'd be in a therapists office to.. COMPLAINING ABOUT MY PARENTS!! And how oppresive they are

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join