It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears proves she is above the law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
this isnt trivial; its evidence that the rich and powerful are above the law

www.cnn.com...

"Britney defends driving with son on lap"

and no ones pressing charges
the child protection services wont do anything either

why???

What if i did this with MY kid?? what would happen to meee?

They would take my kid away and press charges agianst me

They would only need photographs to press actions agianst me! i garuntee it!

so why are big time celebritys allowed to do anything they want and break any law they want without any repercussions?

im not talking about mid-level celebritys either, they always get in trouble

im talking about the top of the mountain celebritys like britney! she can do Anything she wants obviously!

listen to her Defense!
"""I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us," she said. "I love my child and would do anything to protect him."""

so...am i to believe that if she took the 1minute to put her baby in the safty of a car seat, the paparazzi would have Eaten them alive??

whatever; its all lies

this woman deserves to have her kid taken away becuase she obviously doesnt care at all for the childs safty

whats more dangerous; having a few photos taken of you? or getting into a wreck while having your baby in your lap in the car????

i was already really mad today about various things; and seeing this only pours gas on my fire....

wheres the justice??
this kids mother is a danger to the childs safety obviously
so why doesnt anyone do anything? cuz shes rich beyond belief? probably....

----end rant

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think it would be highly unusual for any state (or the federal) government to go after anyone for this type of infraction just because someone took a picture of it and it was published in the media. If she was molesting her child or something, yes...but this, I highly doubt it.

[edit on 2/7/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i see this as a huge cop - out

if it were me they took photos of, id lose my kid

they take away peoples kids for less; with less evidence, daily

so is this behavior Legal or Not??

i wanna know!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I love it.

Of *all* the things wrong in this world.. this non-news story will be on the idiot box for the rest of the week.

Maybe we really do deserve what's coming to us.

-hypo

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think Brittney has ANY business being a mother.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
She is nothing but a stupid b****.
Its sad that poor baby is subjected to her stupidity and abuse and, his parents sham marriage.
You need a license to FISH, but any scum bag idiot can pop a child out!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Call her what you want but she laughs all the way to the bank. Can you?

I think she made a mistake, as some people do,but she's at a disadvantage. She was photographed.

In my childhoood, there were no car seats. I used to ride in the front or in the back on somebody's lap. Thats right.

Do you think the car seat was always there? Ha!

Sure, laws and times have changed. I heard DSS was involved.
OK, Britney, i forgive you and i am sure you will never do this again.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by b777pilot
She is nothing but a stupid b****.
Its sad that poor baby is subjected to her stupidity and abuse and, his parents sham marriage.
You need a license to FISH, but any scum bag idiot can pop a child out!
Wow. You are a very angry person.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
actually the topic should have been titled

"Britney Spears proves she is a redneck and trailer trash"

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I am sorry to disagree with everyone, were i am from (England) you would not have lost your child. At the most you would have received 3 points on your licence (same a speeding or talking on your mobile) and maybe a £80 fine which would be reduced to £40 if you pay it within 2 weeks.

Regardless of the moral issues, she has not broken any rules to warrant her child being taken off her. I believe this world is to quick to jump to taking children off there parents. Have you people any idea what removing the child from their parents would do to that child's well being. That option should be the last option after all other methods have been used.

Its easy to criticize and pull someone apart for a mistake, but its a lot harder to look inside yourself and see why you are bitter (or passably jealous).

EDIT: for spelling

[edit on 8-2-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
People are definitely making too big a deal out of this. While I agree that it is completely irresponsible, the law doesn't handle it any different than a traffic ticket. For example, I just looked up the penalty in my state, Pennsylvania, it's up to a $92 fine, not jail time. If reporters got film of her doing 60 in a 45 zone to get away from reporters would you expect the police to show up and write her a speeding ticket.

You can make a judgement about her based on not caring for her child properly and I'd agree with you 100%, but alleging that she's getting preferential treatment...nah. I don't see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm so tired of that cow already!

Supposedly her bodyguard was in the passenger seat. I guess he could have held the kid, but either way it's whack!

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I read that the car was parked and she had the kid on her lap, with the onslaught of papparazzi was when she grew frustrated and drove away with the child still on the lap.

So the defense seems to be that I was not driving around with the kid, only was moving with him on the lap because of the photographers. Still, very careless and stupid.

I don't think this proves shes above the law in any way shape or form, it just shows how much of a fool she is, and that she needs to work on her motherly tactics.

Does anyone even find this thing attractive?

EDIT:

Tags should not be used as lame attempts to mock people

[edit on 8-2-2006 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Come on after the Jacko baby dangling inncident and nothing was done did anyone really think any action would be taken.

Just more proof there are some really stupid celebrities out there. Not like I ever considered Britney a genius to begin with.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Do you really get your children taken away for not having them in a proper safety seat? I believe it's just a ticket and a fine.

Why doesn't she just carry her kid around in one of those car seats that doubles as a baby carrier? Then it would have just taken her two seconds to click it into its base and drive away. Silly Britney!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Do you really get your children taken away for not having them in a proper safety seat? I believe it's just a ticket and a fine.

Well it really depends on just how improper the child is seated. In most states its a few points on your driver license and a fine for not having a child in Child Restraint/Booster Seat.

But depending on how bad the case is it can be considered gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct. I mean if you drove around with your baby in the bed of your pickup trunk or drove away with a baby on the roof of your car something like that. Sadly people have done things that stupid.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here is the photo.

It was hard to find.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As far as laws go, I did a bit of searhing.

lapdonline.org

Section 27360 CVC, which involve child passenger seat restraints (child safety seat or booster seat), was amended. The old requirements mandated that children under four years of age or weighing less than 40 pounds were to be restrained in child safety or booster seats. The amended law now requires a child transported in a vehicle shall be in a passenger restraint system unless the child is either six years of age or older, or weighs 60 pounds or more. Note that both the age and weight requirements must be met for this section to be enforced. The change is meant to close the safety gap for children who have outgrown infant car seats, but are not yet big enough to be protected by adult safety belts. Booster seats are required by law to comply with the same standards and guidelines as child safety seats and conform to all applicable United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Never use a booster seat that has been in a crash, as the seat may have defects that are not visible. Violation of the law will bring fines of $100 for a first offense and $250 thereafter.

A fine means nothing though when your baby dies a preventable death in a car accident.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here in Wisconsin, you can get a ticket by mail if you are caught going threw a red light or citizen reports you for reckless driving. Most cases, you would get a warning about that last one as we did when we allowed my son the use of our car until he got one of his own. But, because the plates came back under our name and since it was a warning, we did warn my son one more letter like that, and he's done.
However, when comes to celebraties, they all believe they are above the law. The worst she would have received was a ticket or warning not to do that again.
I can Stand her myself. It seem's when ever she isn't mentioned by the media, she does something to attract their attention, so why hide now. I'm not surprised her show had a short life span. It was disgusting. However, if she had her body guard in there with her, she could have handed the baby to him and he could have just as easily put the baby in the car seat. But, that wouldn't have gotten her picture in the paper would it?
Naaa, I don't feel sorry for poor little Britney.
She is in the business of getting noticed. If she didn't want this kind of attention, she should have gotten into another line of work.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Maybe she'll dump K-Fed and marry OJ, or Michael Jackson - he's always looking for a beard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join