It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons, fake credits cards/passports, and other tools of terror found at the Finsbury Park mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am certain peaceful and moderate Muslims all over the globe will riot in the streets at this grievous use of a mosque perpetrated by extremists of the faith…Right? Isn’t the desecration of a house of warship more of a crime than cartoon depictions of the prophet? Has to be, so I am guessing the rioting will start shortly…

Timesonline

Police risked offending delicate religious sensitivities by raiding the Finsbury Park mosque, but their actions were justified by the mini-arsenal of weapons, terrorist paraphernalia and forged passports they found inside.

Operation Mermant, which began in the early hours of January 20, 2003, involved scores of officers in body armour using battering rams to enter the building.

Full details of what they discovered during three days of searches can only be revealed today, following the conclusion of Abu Hamza’s trial on race hate charges. The cleric was found guilty on 11 of 15 charges, including six counts of soliciting to murder and inciting racial hatred.

The cache of equipment included chemical warfare protection suits, or NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) suits, as they are technically known. They were found together with three blank-firing pistols, a stun gun and CS spray. Officers also found a gas mask, handcuffs, hunting knives and a walkie talkie.

Brace yourselves people, massive unrest and peaceful Muslim protests over this sacrilege about to commence any time….Any time now…Soon…

Riots anytime now...Weapons at mosque, very bad...Massive marches and denouncements of this act...soon...

[title edit]

[edit on 8-2-2006 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Skippy, you know there's always an explanation.

You see....the cartoons were a DIRECT attack on the prophet mo-ham-id himself. And that rated such actions, protest, boycots, violence, threats, etc... And desecrating a mosque by storing weapons and illegal documents is ok...as long as it's done by a muslim, not a westerner.

Come on man, you should know this by know

[edit on 7/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Skippy, you know there's always an explanation.

You see....the cartoons were a DIRECT attack on the prophet mo-ham-id himself. And that rated such actions, protest, boycots, violence, threats, etc... And desecrating a mosque by storing weapons and illegal documanets is ok...as long as it's done by a muslim, not a westerner.

Come on man, you should know this by know

There is a great deal of truth to what you say. It really is backwards logic, they should care nothing about what westerners think or feel about their religion. They need to be concerned about how each other act on their religious beliefs. I mean, I could care less what somebody who doesn’t share my belief thinks about my belief. But I certainly have an issue with others of my faith’s opinions and actions.

It’s like the priorities are 100% backwards. Unfortunately, they are willing to kill over it. And the only thing westerners can do is defend themselves. The only people on this planet that can tame the threats from radical Islam are the Islamists themselves. But if they don’t fault their own, how will this ever happen?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Worrying I agree but many things on that list aren't illegal.

If MI5/SB were to search every synagogue in the UK are you sure they wouldn't find similar items - a search of every RC church in NI a few years ago would have tuned up many more interesting finds.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dont know if I will be arrested............Ive got 2 NBC suits and Gas masks at home S10s and walkie takies too.
Along with a good supply of batteries,tinned food 75 ltrs of bottled water and ducktape for the windows.
Just a precation against what Hamzes men are threatening.

I think if the truth be known many individuals here have the same tools in the cupboard under the stairs !!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

If MI5/SB were to search every synagogue in the UK are you sure they wouldn't find similar items

I have to say I doubt it. As part of my job I have visited hundreds (probably thousands) of houses of worship in the State of NY, and I can honestly say I've never had the slightest thought that I'd find anything like that. I've visited churches, synagogues, mosques, Hindu temples, Buddhist temples and Baha'i as well. Never been any indication of any of them having those sorts of things there, and why in the world would they?

If someone wants to store weapons (be it legal or not) in their house, that's a personal choice and decision, but in a house of worship? I just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
in islam it is forbidden to store such weapons in mosques
hamza has been making trouble for a while there and caused the place to close several times because of his extreme atitude and behavier

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

If someone wants to store weapons (be it legal or not) in their house, that's a personal choice and decision, but in a house of worship? I just don't get it.

Being conspiracy minded, maybe these items were planted there?
With all these thing happening around the world right now there really feels like a manipulation is happening and things are not as it seems

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The point re; synagogues is that they have a uniformed security operation (the CST) who refuse to say how but state they will defend themselves.

The Police could paint this and a stick/pool cue etc as 'Uniformed thugs with offensive weapons' if they so choose.

PIRA used to secrete weapons in RC churches and graveyards, no-one used this fact to accuse all RC's as being terrorists

Double standards being applied?

new topics

top topics

join