It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they exist... religion arround the world have to be crashed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Do "they" believe in their god/s, something? What they want from us..from people...earthians? Do they prepare to war, some kind of invasion to Earth? We must know official truth. Someone from government our countries have to tell about do they really exist, or do they live on our planet.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomin
Do "they" believe in their god/s, something? What they want from us..from people...earthians? Do they prepare to war, some kind of invasion to Earth? We must know official truth. Someone from government our countries have to tell about do they really exist, or do they live on our planet.

What do we do with things we discover? We study them and try to find out why it exists.

I guess _they_ do the same as we would do. Study us.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Religion is a method to keep humanity straight. It is psychological mind control. Aliens and religion don't mix. If there are aliens then there is no gods, and if there are gods then there are no aliens. It says so in the good book.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Religion is a method to keep humanity straight. It is psychological mind control. Aliens and religion don't mix. If there are aliens then there is no gods, and if there are gods then there are no aliens. It says so in the good book.

Yeah that's right... I mean who's to say there can't be aliens AND be a god? That's the problem with most organized religions today. They are too absolute, and most people take the scriptures literally. Why can't people understand that the bible, quaran and other holy scriptures are meant as a guide to live your life as a good person. Unfortunately they got manipulated by people in power, and imposed on citizens.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yes, "they" believe in GOD. No, they are not preparing to war with us (if they wanted to, they would have by now, and besides, it wouldn't be much of what we call a war), and no, they do not live on our planet, although some of them are here already. Just be patient, the truth will come to fruition in the next 6 years or so.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And tell me sexymom, how do you come about this knowledge?
Next time i see a UFO i will check if they have a "I s2 jesus" bumper sticker.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am in agreement over the religious issue. I don't think you can adequately explain aliens and how they will align with religion. I am a member of the LDS church(mormon), and they do not believe in aliens. They will go so far as to say that there is life out there, but it has to be human(the whole created in his own image thing).
I do not believe this. My dad saw ufo's on radar in the 1960's, and I am definetely a believer. I also believe that the Roswell crash happened. Therefore, I am somewhat shunned. Many conservative churches do not believe in aliens.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman

Got a Book:Chapter:Verse on that Cabanman?

Why would proof of extraterrestrial life disprove either a) the concept of a god or b)a specific God?

Just one example of theological UFOlogy, if you will.(re: Google is your friend)

UFOLOGY AND THEOLOGICAL CLARIFICATIONS

(Monsignor Corrado Balducci - Pescara, June 8th. 2001)

Let's divide the speech in three points:

1) Something real must exist.

2) Theological considerations on the habitability of other planets.

3) Some testimonies favourable to it.

For the record - I'm a Christian and don't believe E.T.s have visited Earth. My skepticism is not Biblically based nor do i fear "disclosure" will destroy my faith. If a thread pops up titled: Breaking News! Alien Craft Landing in Rren's driveway... i'd still have to get out and 'kick the tires' and have E.T. come in a talk a bit before i was a "believer." Nothing to do with my Faith at all... was the same kind of skeptic when i was an agnostic.

Certainly some major implications if "they" show themselves, but so long as we're dealing in baseless hypotheticals; What if E.T. shows up with a Bible (same original text)... i say when disclosure happens we compare notes, k?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
There is so much about religion that we do not comprehend and no top scholar can explain without glib answers on the veracity of the documents, largely written by men, the percursor of historians.

What is our world's religion but made up of several different beliefs such Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Hewbrew's Torah, etc, and within those religion are different denominations or sects. Who is right or wrong with their beliefs? There is no unifying religion in our world.

Ultimately, the purpose of all religion from our ancestors serves only to make us different from the beasts, a set of rules whom we can agree upon if we are to live in peace on this planet. And no rules are foolproof, but it does give most of mankind the chance to be sociable enough to discuss options before killing one another unlike animals which do not have such opportunities.

Such foundations of our civilisation, built up over several thousand of years and deeply ingrained may not necessarily be shakened if we were to be confronted with beings who may be superior than us, for so far, we had not received any form of threats from them other than some daily buzzing over our skies.

At most, perhaps they may even help us by filing in the gaps of our limited knowledge of our origins as described by our religious text, which is nothing more than a record of an ancient situation that occured and resulted in our culture and civilisation.

We pray to our supreme being because we seek help for our longings which no mortal man can assist, and believe He has the power to grant it to us. This is our beliefs that miracles do happen and not by mere chance of things going in our favour. We are comfortable with such perception and seldom seek a deeper analysis of it.

Should such beings appear before us and able to grant us our deepest wish, it would greatly enhance our faith and perception that such beings are from our past. Should they not be able to grant our desires, our faith in our own religion will still remain steadfastly strong and that such beings are no more than visitors we did not know existed before and will present our motions of hospitality to find out their intentions, as any host will do.

UFOs in a latin cross formation August 14th 2005, at 10:15pm ( Central time, not local time ) Florida

Image Source:-www.cropcircleanswers.com...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Try to look at it like another country's religion and believe system. As for what they want from us only asking them personally can we figure that out, as we proceed we should be peaceful and hope they are too. If they prove to be untrustworthy, we will decide what to do at the time.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well, I dont know if religions will crash, but Christanity would be in a slight pickle if Jesus comes down in a space ship and claims he is here wipe out the human race in the name of God.

new topics

top topics

join