It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional ghost problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a new member but have been keepin an eye out for some of my favourite topics e.g ghosts, aliens & mythical beasts & something sprang to mind. I have come to a conclusion that I have a problem with ghosts, maybe because they have the most evidence & are more commonly believed to be real, I don't know but it seems that whenever I discuss ghostly issues & share experiences, I feel strange & upset inside although I try not to let it show in front of people. However, over the last week, these feelings have become very strong & the night before last I was walking home from work ( I work nights in a resturaunt ) & it was about 12ish & I was walking past the church down the road & I was looking deeply into the graveyard whilst walking & this feeling came over on me & out of nowhere, for no apparant reason, I just burst out crying. Its not funny, I'm a 17 year old male, I've never been faint hearted or emotional & see myself as quite a strong person. I'm quite quiet & havent told anybody this yet & I feel that on here I can just tell people because they don't know me & it's quite safe. Does anybody else get these feelings or had any similar experiences. I didnt see anything & didn't really want to but my curiousity just couldnt resist & it's strange because I wasnt even thinking about anything, I just wanted to get home, but instead I just had an emotinal breakdown for no reason. I know what your going to ask, any family or personal troubles or any deaths in the family. Well the answer is no but any questions are welcome. Thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi, First of its very brave of you to come on here and share your experiences.I would put your feelings about ghosts down to natrual anxitey. You mentioned that you have interest in the paranormal, and I think its appeal is its frightening. We all love a good scare! I think you looking in the graveyard you were expecting to see something... (even subconciously) and thus your heart began beating. I think the important point is what you described happens to everyone, and is not uncommon and is certainly nothing to worry about.
Even if there was a paranormal aspect to your experience, it is extremely rare to hear of any harm coming from them!
So dont worry about it... Iam sure lots of people on the forum may have different ideas about it Thats the beauty of ATS!

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
whats an avatar I dont know sorry, (new). Also what does u2u me mean

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!! I'm sure you'll soon feel right at home!

Perhaps your feelings are a premonition of some sad event that is in your future? Or just something that has already happened to you, but you have internalized your feelings about it...
Write down what you are feeling, meditate a bit and see if you can focus your subconscious on what might be triggering those feelings. Keep a dream journal, as something might be revealed that way.

If you are some what empathetic, You might even be picking up on the sadness some one else is feeling.......any friends or relatives going thru some rough times?
Perhaps even someone that experienced upset or tragedy has been recently buried in that cemetery? ( I have sometimes gone into a house or room that seemed to 'harbor' something, causing a wave of emotion that did not seem to be entirely my own.....especially one local funeral home where I feel literaly 'smothered' when I walk in.....it's really old and has been the site of so much sadness over the years, I believe the walls have absorbed some of that sadness and radiate it back out.)

I also believe that past lives may have an effect on our present ones.......perhaps something has happen that triggered a 'memory' of a past loss and sadness.

PS. Try this link for some instruction on an avatar www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by frayed1]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cheers guys. I'm glad I've got positive replys rather than negative slag offs, I hate people getting slagged off on here for their beliefs. I do have dreams every now & again from a perhaps previous life & it includes me competing in the ancient olympic games. This leads me to believe I was greek before, cool. I think some of my characteristics have been passed on to now as I am a fitness freak & want to make a name for myself in the world & I may do. I also believe I had some sort of power, either my parents were gods or something or just my abilities I don't know but I could make women fall in love with me just by looking them in the eyes. I was also very strong & brave a bit like hercules. Kind of like an advanced version of me now

[edit on 4-2-2006 by idatuftime]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I get that feeling too, when I walk through graveyards, I feel sick & want to burst out crying. I've had something walk through me once & that wasn't nice, I've seen orbs alot but the most interesting sightin was when I followed a large one & It kept getting bigger. This thing manafested into the figure of an old lady with some sort of headdress on. I cdnt believe my eyes, it was the my first clear view of one which lasted about 45 seconds. Strangely we only saw the top half of her & not the legs.

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
okay idatuftime

At age 17, your blocked and suppressed intelligence of 'spatial relationships' and 'relating to others' is surfacing after 12 years of schooling at which yoiu were taught primarly the intelligences 'thiinking in language' and 'using your mind to solve math problems and compute'. With no instruction about telepathy through time and space, you have been recently exposed to the collective sadness cloud energy of still living people that leave a trail of emotions everywhere they go all their life.
That energy disappears when they die or when they realize they were wrong being sad at a funeral where the spirit of the passed on goes back to God.

What I have seen many hundreds of times is a cloud of small particles which glisten like tiny mirrors and seem to have an electrical charge. This cloud is not visible to most people. However, a projection of the mind can produce many of the shadow people discussed here as well as assorted demons, monsters and aliens. This depends on the emotional nature of the external cloud, and the inner nature of the persons' imagination who starts to sense the cloud. Any person can get engulfed in a cloud of telepathic energy at any time, anywhere, and only feel the emotional content of that cloud.

If you try to remember back on your memories, you will find that the ones most easily remembered have a strong emotion involved at the time. This is usually combined with a mental picture. It can also be combined with the exact sentences spoken at the time, although females are better at remembering words.

Don't you just love it when someone comes along and says they saw half of a lady with head gear on and it seems like they saw a spirit of the dead. No, what you saw, is the memory of the living and the emotions attached at the time of the funeral. My opinion is these memories can be passed from generation to generation through DNA. What you always receive is vision from a living person. Even the sense of being Greek, with no Grecian ancestors, is from a living person, probably a living Greek. As I mentioned telpathic connections yielding memories transcend time and space. They do that through the process of DNA at birth as well as direct connects in this time and space.

Sudden changes in emotions are one of the clearest ways of identifying a cloud of telepathic energy that invisibly, or not, has just surrounded you. My opinion is that the same emotions from different people sometimes combine into a larger mass of energy. You have heard the statement misery loves company? Well peoples' emotional thoughts are no different.

cordially
Honor

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is no devil or hell on this earth except the one living mankind creates. There is only God and Heaven on earth of the living, the rest is a deception. Developed by the ancients to take control of minds because of greed, jealousy and their own fear.

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey HS, do you do drugs or something ? . Just curious .

as for the topic - well , you'll be ok . get over it .

HS

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Briggs , you've obviously mistaken me for someone you know

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I can relate to your crying situation. One night, I was sat here looking to my right to see if I could see the ghost that's in my house and out of nowhere, I just started crying. It was weird, I'm also a 17-year old male and I very, very rarely cry.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
in lithiuana my country of origin, we lived on a farm and travelers from many diffrent times in space would visit us they would always drive carrages and would have horses and cows sometimes they would be there for many days and then after the settlers would leave it was like no one was ever there. it was the weirdest thing, after that we would experience weird smells and voices coming from one of our migrant workers, she was a prostitute in a london brothel and turned herself over to religion. i remember one time we experienced a bright flashing light and it was like all these souls were walking towards us and the house started to shake and rumble, i thought it was a shamen witch doctor giving us weird potions but i think we had communicated with spirits from another world.

top topics

join