It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
G'day...

Just a short note of introduction. I'd rather not give my full name for now but my initials are JC, I live in Oz...South Australia, am married with 2 beautiful boys, one 4 year old, the other 20 months. I am by trade, an Artist.

Why am I here?
Well, I used to post on a popular UK Newsite forum until it was closed due to the increasingly accurate information placed and discussed therein which ran contrary to the official line as well as perceived anti-Semitism due to, what I believe was, fair criticism of the policies of Israel toward Palestinian's and its extraordinary power in the current US Administration (no doubt I've already peeved a few off by stating this and for that I apologise in advance, but that is not my intention, only something I feel strongly about and which, imo, is not addressed sufficiently in the context of foreign policy in the ME).

I've visited this site on and off for about 3 years now and have found the information and posters views to run synonymous to my own interpretation of events. I am tired of posting in forum's where the most open 'conspiracy theorists' (ie: those who would have us believe the spindoctors of the likes of Fox News and others) accuse me of being a 'kook' for expressing or legitimately questioning the reasons behind a certain event, or raising issues considerd to be 'too unbelievable to be true' when history is littered with such instances. I've tired of being personally attacked for my views in order to distract from addressing the real issues and what to do about them.

I think I became suspicious of 'the Establishment' (broady speaking) in my early teenage years, not long after I'd watched a documentary on the assassination of JFK and subsequently observed. amongst other things, the way selective reporting and language is used in the 'mainstream media' .. and how the art of 'social engineering' is adopted by Government, Corporations and special interest groups. I became much more aware of the power of covert operations after I'd read up about the ousting of Gough Whitlam by the CIA. No doubt you'd all be aware of that saga.

I have had a look through your adopt a newbie thread. I don't know whether I'd want to commit to (moreover, burden) any one poster to that extent but I would very much appreciate if I could be pointed in the right direction if ever I stray or miss in terms of forum policy or relations with others.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Sounds like you will fit right in here at ATS. Welcome and may I ask, are you a lost American? Compass not working right? We can always use someone with sight beyond your borders.

Use the New Post button on your menu to see the latest posts.

I'm sure you will be welcomed with the helpful staff here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
G'Day from WA
Welcome to the funny farm

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome post and tip on keeping up with the latest Hal9000.

I reckon it may be a while before I post in any of the thread's if I get stuck reading them as I have been.

I suspect if I were an American, lost or otherwise, I'd have understood the meaning of your question, sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Good to have you around,

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? look for this tab at the top of the page, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
G'day Jezza...thanks for the welcome.

Wonder whether we're not all in a big funny farm. Only some of us have the idea we've chosen our wards and wardens
'

...Can't get the hang of these smiley things though.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi Asala and thank you for your most helpful information and links. They've answered many questions already.

I'm afraid I'm not authorised to view the Avatar pic in profile page but it's no big deal. I have enough to keep me occupied for a while

Thanks again.

top topics

join