It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-22 vs Su -35 vs S-37

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

Originally posted by Lonestar24
and that neither forward swept wings nor plasma stealth have left the prototype-stage by now...

Shows how much you know.

The su-47 is up for sale, and left prototype stage, and the manufacturing of plasma stealth generators has been reported to have began months ago.

Shows how much of a sheep you are. The "Su-47 sale" is purely a RUMOUR, to a large part based on hearsay. The same rumours also say that the aircraft will be significantly downgraded to become practicable, INCLUDING a more regular delta wing approach. These allegations of Su-47 sales have been around for several years by now, but I wonder why not a single one of those 5th gen. airplanes have been offered in at least one of the highly-funded fighter procurements of various nations since 2001, hmm? Where are those production model "Berkuts"?!? Where is russian tech revolution?!?

There is also not a SINGLE proof of a working, ready-for-production plasma cloaking device that can EFFECTIVELY be used in a military context. Yes, there is this nice little story of plasma stealth devices having been offered in 1999 - however those things completely vanished from the scientific stage since then. You´d really expect that something at least partially working could have been designed by the west in the 7 years since then, no? At the present there is absolutely nothing that indicates that plasma stealth intended to cloak a military airplane to an extent that it beats the physical stealth of US aircraft is anywhere near completion. Those MiG-29 versions with alleged plasma stealth have a benefit in lower observability at the max, that is the common agreement among experts.

I do not doubt that many projects are far more advanced than is publicly known. I also dont doubt that true plasma stealth works in laboratory conditions. The thing is, I heavily doubt that YOU would have a more in-depth view of the matter than any other private person - because IF you were affiliated with anything remotely concerning the current state of russian Plasma tech (or the project status of the Su-47 while we´re at it), you would NOT brag about it on an amateur message board. There are dozens of webpages and other media run by PROFESSIONALS in aeronautics and science - none of them claims that all of this is ready for production - so I really wonder what makes you so sincere in your claims.

To put it in a simple allegory: The theoretics of nuclear fusion is widely known and has been known for decades - and noone doubts that it COULD work, and thats why thousands of scientists have been researching in this field over the years; numerous research sites and research reactor arrays have been built. And STILL it isnt possible to build a working production fusion power plant, and that is a simple result of the discrepancy between a theoretical concept/prototype and the limitations that come with getting that concept into an useable shape. Same applies to plasma stealth that can EFFECTIVELY cloak an airplane.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Lonestar24]

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I'm still looking for the post I read it in, but they didn't sell it directly to the US. IIRC, they sold it to someone, who turned around and sold it to us. Sorry, I dont have the patience to hunt it down right now, I've got outside issues I have to deal with that take priority.

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard....

Even if you did "hunt it down", I wouldn't believe you, because if would most definately not be from any official source.

Originally posted by Lonestar24
The "Su-47 sale" is purely a RUMOUR, to a large part based on hearsay.

No...Sukhoi Design Bureo announced it.

Originally posted by Lonestar24The same rumours also say that the aircraft will be significantly downgraded to become practicable, INCLUDING a more regular delta wing approach.

Excuse me? That makes zero sense.

Originally posted by Lonestar24These allegations of Su-47 sales have been around for several years by now, but I wonder why not a single one of those 5th gen. airplanes have been offered in at least one of the highly-funded fighter procurements of various nations since 2001, hmm?

It HAS been offered.

Originally posted by Lonestar24Where are those production model "Berkuts"?!? Where is russian tech revolution?!?

Russia itself has no plans to build these planes for themselves - they are planning on building thousands of PAK-FAs which are based on this plane in fact.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here's an interesting read. Scroll to the Russia-UK partnership section.
Good Read

The UK is attempting to duplicate the Russian experiments.

<< 1   >>

join