It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Magick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've tried to find a decent web page explaining black magic/magik/majik but have come up empty handed looking through some really weird sites that don't agree with the next oddball site i pop in to.

Can anyone hook me up with a good site for an explanation and history of black magic? Thanks.

FYI: My interest in BM occured after one of my co-workers, who is usually quiet and not to talkative, commented on how in AZ he lived next to a couple that used Black Magic. He wouldn't say anything but "It's bad" and everyone was trying to get something out of him but that's all he would say "i don't want to talk about it; it's bad"

-I'm not doubting it's power to have a negative effect on people; but I'm curious to find out the power of it , who uses it and why and also where it originated at. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is a site I found that might help you.
Magical Theory

Here are a few discussions here on ATS that have great links to info.
Magic questions No skepticism
Magic is mislabled science?

Also you can use the search option at the top of the page to find other discussions on this topic. Just type black magick at the google search.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, the Magical Theory posted by Earthmagick should be already a pretty good insight about magic, in general terms.

Speaking of me, i've always heard "black magick" being considered as "negative magic" (and opposed to white magic, of course). Following this definition (and i think it's the one you were thinking about), as said in the magical theory, Magic does NOT have a color.
Magic, as far as i see it, is simply a way to interact with, and under certain circumstances shape, reality.

Black or white, earthly or higher, good or bad are simply the ways you use it, but these are just cathegorizations. We could say Magic itself is neutral.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
earthmagick12-
Thank you for the links, I appreciate them. I will look into them later tonight.

Sparhawk-
Thanks for the insight, I think I can agree with you on that. But I need to start reading up.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well the black arts is somewhat an area in which I could say I have experience in.

When it comes to this sort of thing as being bad.I would have to say yes....and no...

Many people have different meanings for different things depending on how you think and the amount of information you have on a certain subject.

Many in the days of the great witch hunts.Believed that any sort of practice out side of their own religion as being heretic and blasphme against the holy church.Many were simple witches worshipping the elements and calling to their own gods.This is where the main thoughts on black majic
came from within much of our lore.

Now there is also alot of which I will not even begin to tell you.
I have knowledge of many rites and spellwork all the way from.Simple charms of a gypsy to dire voodoo,aswell as possesion,necromancy and even more horrible practices than you could imagine including demonology.

Many of these later things can do great harm to your persona.To even dabble in these things is to stain yourself.It all really depends on what you believe ecspeacially when it comes to voodoo.A great voodoo worker need only to utter a word to someone for their majic to work.

Anyway all for now
Scarecrow

Cug

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthmagick12
Here is a site I found that might help you.
Magical Theory

YIKES! 2 types of Magick Theurgia and Goetia?

As far as practices go there are 2 basic forms of Magick, High Magick and Low Magick. (The terms High and Low do not imply that one is better than the other)

High Magick AKA Ceremonial Magick (what I do) uses elaborate rituals for the most part. In some cases one ritual may takes hours or even days or months to do.

Low Magick, as practiced by a Wiccan for example, uses simpler rituals that normally are shorter, and less elaborate.

You could also continue to subdivide the 2 basic types almost forever.

But that page was correct when it said there is no color with magick. But in common use color is often used. in many cases it is a my magick is white, your magick is black kind of thing. But it really depends on who you are talking to. A Christian might say all magick is black magick. Some might say if your doing something good it's white magick, and if it's bad it's black magick. Others might say if your doing magick to "unite with the Divine" it's white magick and anything else is black. There is really no clear cut answers.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
All are great posts and informative, I'm still missing out on one thing.

I would love to know how my co-worker only would comment "i don't want to talk about it; it's bad" in all seriousness.

He didn't even give a clue to what happened or what was done.

So my question is, what uses of magick are just thrown out at innocent people and who creates it? Thanks

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
.A great voodoo worker need only to utter a word to someone for their majic to work.

Could you expand on that please. Great post btw.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay well...uhhhh.As far as your questions I can say this.When it comes to majic being used upon people who don't know about it,at all times there are many forces which we don't neccissarily understand influencing us.Some circles actually believe that we are pawns in games run by the gods for their amusement.Having they be the creators of all and we are like a live action video game.

You can further break this down into many other theories.One such theory is that we alone create our worlds and inner structure and struggles.Where as we will label what we feel and do that is good as god's.
When we look at what makes us feel bad or wrong as demons or nasty things and devil's.This brings up the study of why who see's and experiences what.Where as some believe that god made himself and us,others believe we made him and ourselves aswell as all other's.

In more interesting circle's it is said that we do not even exsist as individualistic beings,but more like extensions of one consciousness.
Which reaches outward and inward throught time,experiencing all at once and seperate through us and other entitie's.You must remember that while i give much inform,ation in my post's I believe and disbelieve in just about all of it.Trying to rarely give my personal opinion.

I will touch on voodoo once I have figured out what to say.Thank you for your interest.

Scarecrow.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Not all vudun is bad. It get such bad press its unbeliveable. True that they can curse you with their words though. lol. Funny that its mentioned on here, I was in ottakers book store the other day.. have to be careful when floating around the spirituality section, all i heard was;

''Deamons Deamons!''

Annoyed me, cause I don't know what goes on in my life sometimes and it scared me. Maybe I do have a few but a voodoo lady, sagnoma, shaman came up the escalator with what seemed like her daughter. They were looking for divination cards and I pointed out that there were some near to me so we swapped places.

I wanted to talk to her seeing as we're from the same land but couldn't cause she scared me and i wasnt' sure if I could trust her... Anyway, she found some cards and went to buy them at the counter, i heard her shouting something like, ''me love, me love'' but didn't turn to look cause it sounds too much like my last name and was scary. It was then I got a (obviously theres no need to fear I am not her and she is not me) angry whisper, ''I curze u I curze u'' spelt correctly. It was when she walked past she said she hoped I found what I was looking for and lifted the curse.

I wanna meet her again, i'm just a shy guy and didn't know what to say to her even though shes my peer.

Can someone help me out? I'm posting another thread cause something happened and I'm confused. I promise all that Karma would if you can!

Cug

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise

I would love to know how my co-worker only would comment "i don't want to talk about it; it's bad" in all seriousness.

It's called Fear.

Fear of the unknown, fear of the weird/strange, fear of another religion, etc...

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are quite a few books about Black or dark magic. Some call for either torture of animals or death of animals. Most dark magic is meant to harm or hurt others. Its self serving while white isn't its meant to protect and heal. There is always the grey area where you heal something but it just starts to go bad. (i.E dragonheart) Does that make the magic that was used dark?
No it means that it was applied but possibly the application went fine but someone else will twisted it.

A few books:

Forbidden rites: Necromancers Manual

Book of Black Magic

Goetia (some dark)

Check some of them they describe more about the differences. Technically I believe how its applie is what makes it dark or not dark

-Aza

new topics

top topics

join