It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silica Gel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
lunarpolicy.net...

sortakinda.com...

What just is behind this mysterious gel?? I mean, it's not even really a gel, more like little pellets. The first link has an explanation and a picture gallery. The second one is just plain funny.

All the packets say "DO NOT EAT" on them. I wonder why... Maybe because it tastes good. I tasted it once, I think I was supposed to die of cancer, but it was half a year ago, and I don't have any yet. I tasted it a few weeks ago too, tasted like the upside down sprite or mixxed up sprite or whatever its called.

I don't suggest eating it, because if you do, I don't want to be liable. Besides you'd only get about 5 dollars. Any opinions or stories, share 'em! This is one of the weirdest topics I can think of!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is a very important topic, touching on both the medical science of human ingestion and civil disobedience.

I have never eaten silica gel or found it to look like candy. I do not think there is an extreme health risk, and nor do I think it is reverse psychology at work. I bet even if the labelling was changed to "EAT ME NOW" there would not be a lot of takeup.

I discovered a picture of arc's cat avatar on the second page of the second thread. If it's arc's own cat, I wonder if she ought to be concerned, or if there is something else at work here...

What goes down with silica gel is as important as the precise wording of Swedish-English appliance instruction translations, and the Furby Conspiracy that I posted on here in the past.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
FFS. It soaks up mostiure. It's to stop your trainers getting damp in transit. Thats it.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
for christ's sake, don't eat it! the grays own your brain if you eat it!

also, I picked up a prescription the other day, opened the bottle and there was a little packet of silica gel in there. do my pills secrete goop? were they soaked and needed drying? I am baffled by this phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Silica gel is a strongly adsorbing substance. If there are molecules of illicit drugs or nitrogen-containing explosives in the vicinity, they will be sucked out of the air and adsorbed on the silica gel. These gel packets are then collected and analyzed by mass spectrometry and gas chromatography.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
MA I dont want to go off topic but can you enlighten me on the Furby conspiracy. I have some Furbys. I havent heard of a conspiracy.

Thanks

mark

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have a Furby babie that says "# Me!"
I grabbed one before the recall....still cracks me up, hehe...

"Now what kind of idiot buys electronics, and then goes...mmm...look here! A little pack of Chicklets!"

"Here's your sign...."

new topics

top topics

join