It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paraguay - Mystery Fish with Hands and Feet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A group pf men fishing in the San Rafael stream in Paraguay pulled out this interesting and bizarre looking fish that they described as having "hands and feet". Tehy actually caught two and kept one. When they placed the fish on the ground, it began to walk itself back to the water. The men were shocked, net the fish, and brought it home for this photo.

Does anyone have any idea what type of fish this is? I don't see hands and feet though. They look more like extended fins of some kind.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I saw this exact same picture in a Yahoo news story after the tsunami. It was about all the deep water fish that were coming up on the beach after the tsunami was over.

I think somebody might be making their own news,,,,,

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's an old picture of a Chimaera pup. Lots of pics of them on Google, and this exact pic is on my old thread

Deepsea fish. Not for the faint of heart!

along with some info about it, and pictures of various mature Chimaera species.

And despite all the stories about them being washed up in the Tsunami, being caught by fishermen, etc, this picture was taken by a British Deepsea Expedition team.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Beer_Guy you are right, it even looks like the same exact surface under the fish, same exact photo. Good memory.

Thanks Yarco too.

MODERATOR DELETE THIS THREAD

[edit on 1/30/2006 by infinite8]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have a photographic memory only for those things that I would never ever have any reason to remember.....

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Omg, its cute!

But there are alot of fish that have been known to use they're fins as "legs", just not on land as far as I know. Also the tail is interesting, like a rat's, and the nose seems really floppy. It must bend backwards when it swims. O_o; Strange.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hmm, it's sorta cute.

Looks like this squid thing I read about a few months ago.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I saw that photo a year or so ago. It looked Photoshopped then and it still does now.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it was photoshoppped?

There's some amazin creatures on this planet that we don't know about or are just finding out about, especially in the depths of the sea.

It looks like it is from the squid family

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the fish ain't photoshopped.

Its an actual chimaera in that its not a whole fish

List of Chimaera Fish

Check this one out

I think its an elephant fish and spook fish.

God bless mother nature.

top topics

join