It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan Threatens Diane Feinstein Over Alito

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is just amazing. While visiting Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, Cindy Sheehan announced she'd run against Diane Feinstein in the California U.S. Senate race if she didn't try to block the confirmation of Sam Alito to the Supreme Court:

NBC 11

CARACAS, Venezuela -- According to a press release issued Friday, Cindy Sheehan has decided to run against California Senator Diane Feinstein if Feinstein does not filibuster the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Samuel Alito.

Sheehan made that announcement from Venezuela where she is attending the World Social Forum.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And guess what Feinstein does? Reverses herself and complies!!!

KTVU

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., announced she would support the filibuster, despite saying earlier this month that she did not see anything that would justify one.

Well I've always disagreed with Feinstein on most everything, but still had a modicum of respect for her. That is totally gone now!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh, man! Where do I start?

Your title sounds like Cindy Sheehan threatened Feinstein with physical violence or something. There was room to add "to Run Against" in the title.

Then you say Cindy Sheehan was in Venezuela 'visiting Hugo Chavez'. That's a lie. She was attending the World Social Forum there.

Then you imply that Feinstein changed her mind because of Sheehan (and complies) when there's no indication of that whatsoever. Politicians change their minds all the time. I seriously doubt she 'complied' with Sheehan.

This is all just ridiculous drama.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Sheehan is a disgrace to the nation, herself, the memory of her son and to all things decent in the world and she has the audacity to threaten politicians from the President, to Hillary, to Feinstein to further her feeble, Moveon.org sponsored agenda, all the while capitalizing on the heroism of her son's death to ensure plenty of media attention and sympathy from the blame America first set.

[edit on 2006/1/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Grady, Jesus H Christ, where do I begin...

For starters...its a still grieving woman. Ask any woman who has ever had child. Ask her how bad any woman would feel about losing their child.

Secondly, any message you hear nowadays is sponsored by somebody. If it wasn't, it would be heard by George Noory and be written of as a pure conspiracy theorist...You know, as well as I do, that any message has a price to it...

Now as far as Cindy Sheehan...she is prolly taking it all too far. But that is up fer discussion...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
For starters...its a still grieving woman

That's not an excuse for her behavior anymore.

I can't believe that she's still in the news.

Seriously .. the woman is in desperate need of mental health
help. Her actions go WAY beyond grief and the grief/healing
process. She has lost the living family she had left, and her
husband has left her. The radical left is using her and when
they are done with her she'll be tossed aside and left with
even more grief and feeling of being used.

She's a suicide waiting to happen. Sorry. But that's what I see.
She's in desperate need of help and no one is getting it for her.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This doesn't suprise me. What suprises me is the way she thinks that she's important just because she received some media attention. I personally don't know if Feinstein changed her mind because of Sheehan, (It sounds like she did, though) but I just don't see why Sheehan is being seen as a figure of power at all. There are plenty of parents out there who have had a son die in the war, but they get nothing because the media wasn't searching for a story when their child died.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The only thing keeping this woman alive is the attention of the media. She needs to see a goddam shrink and quit humping the hair off the legs of the liberal media. I can't believe anyone is still paying any attention to what this nut case thinks.

It's just getting old... and then older... Who is Cindy Sheehan again?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Who is Cindy Sheehan again?

She's the lady that you guys keep posting about!

You never see the anti-war folks on this board start a thread about Cindy Sheehan. It's always the more conservative (prowar) people who start a thread just to rag on her. Then you wonder why she's still in the news! It's because you keep her there!

Too funny!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh BH... You are so sassy... I like it!!!

Thanks for the smile.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You never see the anti-war folks on this board start a thread about Cindy Sheehan. It's always the more conservative (prowar) people who start a thread just to rag on her. Then you wonder why she's still in the news! It's because you keep her there!

Excuse me. People post threads about Sheehan because she's in the news, not the other way around.

Anti-war folks never post about Sheehan?

What about these?

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/1/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Grady, every one of those posts was from August and September, when Cindy Sheehan was in Crawford and then in Washington. She was big news then. What's keeping her alive on ATS is the people ragging on her.

That's what I meant. I was talking about current posts.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Holy jeez Grady. God forbid someone should stand up for what they believe in and actually try to do something about it instead of sitting behind their computer complaining and complaining. How dare you rag on this woman because she is trying to make a small change in the world the best way she knows how. I pitty the person that just sits back and does nothing to change that which is wrong.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by sensfan]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Who is Cindy Sheehan again?

Apparently some lady the right wing is obsessed with. I'd never hear a thing about her if not for the Republicanajeezera distribution network of mock internet outrage.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Then you say Cindy Sheehan was in Venezuela 'visiting Hugo Chavez'. That's a lie. She was attending the World Social Forum there.

Guess who she met there?

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez urged activists around the world on Sunday to protest against U.S. dominance and the war in Iraq, saying: "Down with the U.S. empire!"
He spoke with his arms wrapped around the shoulders of visiting American peace activist Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq, and Elma Beatriz Rosado, the widow of slain Puerto Rican nationalist Filiberto Ojeda Rios.

Source: CNN

RANT, I guess CNN is part of the Republicanajeezera?

[edit on 1/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 1/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
RANT, I guess CNN is part of the Republicanajeezera?

Of course it is. So's MSNBC. All corporate shills are. The Republicans invested $30 billion in media over the past 2 decades and represent 80% of all talking heads. It's all pharmco and oil advertising anyway.

Don't believe your own hype about "librul media." There's no such thing.

The right wing looks so pathetic still trying to call registered Republicans like Chris "Bin Laden gets his talking points from Democrats" Matthews a liberal.

Invest in some new talking points already. Your circa 1990's propaganda is blatantly outdated. Credibility gone.

new topics

top topics

join