It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shocking pictures from iraq!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Haha,
means "Up yours!" in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East, bit like the middle finger here in the West.

Oh the culture diffrences!

[edit on 27/1/2006 by SwearBear]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Boatphone
I responed to this post before, but I look now and it is gone. Was this put in the trash bin?

Thanks very much for posting these photos; I think it is a real conspiracy that these are not shown more in the media. and are possibly being censored on ATS!!

-- Boat

The original issue was not the content of the video, it was that the original site hosting it had offensive advertising, and ATS doesn't allow linking to such sites. The point loss was actually a 1,000 points for two warnings, from two different Moderators for removing Staff edits (the member is quite aware of this), and is also quite aware as to the reasons the original thread was removed, anything inferred otherwise is disingenuous at best.

Now that that's all cleared up, I'm sure we can now focus on the topic at hand, the images within the video... And only that topic.

Huh? Even the mods said that it was an accident. I wasnt intentionally editing anything the mods changed. It had something to do with us editing at the exact same time. As far as the link having "offensive content", why is it I NEVER see you guys delete rense.com links?

The soldiers that actually go over there come back and tell us what it is actually like.

Well, I was there for two 6 month tours.

Haha, means "Up yours!" in Iraq and other parts of the Middle East, bit like the middle finger here in the West.

Oh the culture diffrences!

How do you explain thumbs up along with signs that say "Thank you America"?

How do you know the Iraqis arent aware that it is a gesture of friendship to americans?

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Oh stop it and grow up all of you!!! Do you really think that every American soldier is a tool of this administration??? Do you think every American soldier rapes and sodomizes young Iraqis? Do you think all Iraqis hate Americans? Do you think all Iraqis love Americans? Do you think all the pictures coming out of Iraq are being covered up because they have happy smiling people in them?

IF you think there is a definitive answer to any of these questions, then you have no grasp on reality or the situation in Iraq.

Of course there are positives and people who feel truly liberated, but there are also many images that you don't see of mutilated children, crying families and disrupted lives.

War is not pretty. There will be times of both happiness and sadness for these people. You bomb a school and then rebuild it, you bomb their electrical infastructure, then turn the lights back on, you get rid of a tyrant but open the doors to lawlessness and terrorism. Double edge sword everytime.

I'm relieved to see that children at least can still smile even after what has happened to their country. Those smiles you see are that of hope and thank god people can still hope or we will all be screwed. You also see the smiles of people because the majority of our soldiers are good, decent human beings with compassion who can see beyond what they are told and see the innocence in the young faces they are surrounded by.

If we would all stop with the bickering partisan crap and understand that this is much deeper than the propaganda that is used by both sides, we might actually get somewhere and fulfill real goals and eliminate real problems.

Iraq has been hurt, the people have been hurt, many will recover (see the smiling faces) and many will not (find the faces of the dead).

temper the good with the bad and still you will see that currently the negatives are outweighing the posititives. You don't see the pictures of the over 100 thousand victims who have died since this war began, so don't claim that a few pictures of happy faces can erase and justify all that has occurred so far.

And yes the media doesn't show as much positive pics as some of you may like, but they don't show enough of the bad pics that I think should be shown too, so either way you look at it there will be claims of propaganda, hopefully you the members and readers can find for yourselves a variety of pics and stories to support both the good and bad of this war and make a balance judgement of the current situation in Iraq.

and btw the source of these pics seems to be several websites, which were all compiled on one here:
www.pbase.com...

I hate to throw a one liner out there, but WELL DONE...
I like the way you think!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowseek

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Oh stop it and grow up all of you!!!

I hate to throw a one liner out there, but WELL DONE...
I like the way you think!

Cheers

Agreed! There is no doubt that nothing in Iraq is absolute, which is really the reason I posted this. So many people on here have a really warped idea about what is going on in iraq and how US soliders are treated. I've been there, so I have reason to combat the crap I see on these forums.

Sure we have some bad soldiers over there and we have done some bad things. That being said, the intentions of the soldiers is pretty damn pure and I think that fact gets ignored. There are 18 year olds who are giving everything they have, so that Iraqis have a future.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

The reality is, Iraqis did greet us as liberators.

Yes, the roadside bomb is simply a badly misunderstood traditional Iraqi greeting ceremony. Like tossing flowers and waving flags, only louder.

They do want us there and anyone who disagrees needs to take it up with the millions of iraqis that risked their lives to vote!

Yes, and they voted mostly for the United Iraqi Alliance, one of whose major campaign platforms was the earliest possible timetable for withdrawal of US forces from Iraq. Another was closer ties with Iran. And yet another was the formalization of Iraq as an Islamic state. Yay

Truly, I couldn't agree more, though it is a good change of pace from depressing news of car bombings and mutilations.

However, as much as I don't want to be the buzzkill here...

99% of those pictures were of small children, who fail to realize what the US brings with them.

I'm not here to harp on the evils and emptiness of America, or the decline and fall of western society. I'm just pointing out that there is far more going on both here and abroad for us to take a single solid stance.

Also realize that when you have a large group of people (read: Iraq) you have a very broad dispersal of opinion.

Prime example being the far...erm, elections for the US in 2004. George Bush somehow came up with the most votes ever cast for a single candidate in a Presidential election. #2 was John Kerry.

So we can safely assume the following.

1. Among a large group of people, opinions differ. (gasp)
2. Children don't know much about politics, and probably won't even begin to follow them for a few years.
3. Iraq (while divided on the subject) elected a party that wants to give us the boot ASAP. (I've got to put up with the results of our last major election, so we should all have to put up with this one.)

Bottom line:
Cool video,
Deplorable attempt at 'spinning' it.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
OMG! I nearly forgot about that! A group of tourists were raped a long time ago in Turkey because they wanted to hitchhike and some idiot thought they were asking for sex. There goes the PR stunt......

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Interesting Video, loved seeing the positive images.

That said we now know most of these are from 2005 years after the initial invasion by the US (see the other link for the originals). They are also 99% children and on top of that children being given aid such as food, shoes and coloring books. Of course they are happy.

These pictures belong right next to the pictures of the bodies hanging from a bridge, roadside bombed vehicles, homes leveled by US artillery and Iraqi prisoner abuse.

It is the whole picture. Spinners on both sides need to take a break.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Mean while as hundreds of ton of depleted uranium are being dumped in the form of munitions radation enough to create a hundred generations of birth defects, Being breathed in and assorbed by civilian and soldier alike what legacy what will history say of America's war on terror as many of the photos of Iraqs newest citizens those that are recognizable as human bear wittness.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Uber, if your calling people here terrorist apologists, may I suggest you quit the board and return to fauxnews.com or some other comfy Neocon propaganda website? Iraq is a mess right now, if you want to know the Iraqi mindset just watch Al Jazeera or some of the far worst Arab networks which make them look pro-Bush (which we in America don't even hear about).

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Nakash]

Dude, im sorry but what are you talking about?? I said nothing near what you are implying. I simply asked people to look at both sides of the story. I agree Iraq is a mess. Many aspects of it are being blown out of proportion by the media at the same time.

Plus you just proved my point in your post....the media ON BOTH SIDES cannot be trusted.

haben Sie einen schönen Tag

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantheria
Mean while as hundreds of ton of depleted uranium are being dumped in the form of munitions radation enough to create a hundred generations of birth defects, Being breathed in and assorbed by civilian and soldier alike what legacy what will history say of America's war on terror as many of the photos of Iraqs newest citizens those that are recognizable as human bear wittness.

We already had a huge discussion on this and debunked all of the hyper surrounding DU. I highly reccomend you check it out. There are lots of facts backed up with credible sources.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
What a Great Piece of Military Propaganda. I mean, that was really Awesome. I bet some Military PR got a Medal for this Photo presentation.

Pot calling kettle....pot calling kettle....this is pot calling kettle....

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Check out this video from google

Video

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join