It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles in Ross County, Ohio USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
GNO

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is a news article from my local NBC News Affiliate, WCMH 4 Columbus, Ohio.

Real or Hoax?

GNO

www.nbc4columbus.com...

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by GNO]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
looks pretty interesting
any ideas as to it's meaning?

GNO

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have no idea what this design meens if anything. It is still interesting. I wonder what caused the farmer's GPS unit to shut down.

GNO

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"One may find it humorous when doing it," Nichols said. "On the other hand, they'll find out how humorous it is when they do time in the county jail."

I like to think of the creator(s) as an artist. I don't find it humorous, though, it is unfortunate that crop owners suffer losses from this activity. Crop circles are beautiful and I really enjoy looking at them.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Ross County circles are interesting looking, as are the Adams county circles. I'd say if it's a hoax, it's a pretty elaborate hoax if something made a GPS unit stop working.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, here are some more crop circles in Ohio from about a month ago:
www.nbc4columbus.com...

Is there any particularly important agency or base in Ohio?
- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio. is one of the largest and most important bases in the United States Air Force. is the birthplace, home, and future of aerospace.

It has been said that is where the actual ufo that crashed is kept.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ahhh, isn't that where the fighters were scrambled from on 9/11...
I remember NORAD drew some out of Ohio, even though it wasn't in their defense network.
i can't believe they called Ohio fighters to locate a missing aircraft in Maryland...
Did they forget about Edwards and Langley?

Sorry, drifted off topic...
Maybe their coming back for a rescue...

Or maybe the US finally figured out how to fly it.
- Tass

GNO

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is an organization from this area, I beleive it is called The South Eastern Ohio Search and Rescue team. They were sent to NY days after the 9/11 attacks to search for surviviors. About 60 miles from the circle is the old Rickenbacker Air Force Base. This is where portions of the Roswell Crash was transported prior to being transported to Dayton's Wright Patterson AFB in the 40's.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Tassadar,

so you are suggesting that certain bases are under direct control versus other bases that are under government control?

no so hard to believe.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
...the idea it cost him 12,000 bucks?,all the dummy has to do is lower his harvester head to get the areas that are crushed down,and he's probably using it for catlle feed anyway so picking up a little dirt from lowering the head makes no difference........and it looks like the crop was nearly ready for harvest anyway,the plants look pretty gold and dry from the picture with the article.
Greedy little people.....probably turn out to be just an inconvenience...
Interesting pattern though.....

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yes, in a way.
NORAD=North American Aerospace Defense Command
(I know they can't spell..)
There are nine bases under NORAD command, six in the US, three in Canada.
These nine bases answer to NORAD, not the UN or their own governments.
There are three regions in NORAD command:
1.)Alaskan NORAD Region (ANR)
2.)Canadian NORAD Region (CNR)
3.)Continental US NORAD Region (CONR)
which is broken into three sectors...
Western Air Defense Sector at McChord AFB, Wash.; Northeast Air Defense Sector at Rome, N.Y.; and Southeast Air Defense Sector at Tyndall AFB, Fla.

On 9/11, NORAD was fully staffed and undergoing "Project Gaurdian"
(yeah, they suck...).
Once reports of the first hijacking were heard, unarmed F-16's were summoned from a training mission to investigate.
The first armed planes up in the air were out of Ohio (Wright Patterson).
After the second crash and attack on the Pentagon, Langley, and Andrews both had jets up over DC, all though, at differenet altitudes, they didn't know the other was there.
No armed fighters were scrambled from NORAD bases until at least thirty minutes after the attack on the Pentagon. (The same thrity minutes Sec. Rumsfeld dissapeared and ordered the elevation to Defcon Delta)

So if you think about it, the United States (excluding Canada) is protected by ten fighters at all times.
One base in California, and four in the East.
Canada is protected by six fighters at all times (three per base).
Alaska has two flights of gour fighters all flying at the same time in the event the Russsians did invade.
Operation Noble Eagle.
That's the new Operation code name to keep armed fighters in the air at all times.

- Tass

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i live there and actually had crop circles on our land! i'm going to scan some pics for you guys when my scanner gets to working. some are fake (like ours) but there is one authenic i think

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm from Adams county, and I've seen a few of these crop circles firsthand. Now, I'm no expert by far, but they looked genuine. According to some reports, the crop circle shown on this page had similar plant anomalies as the Adams county crop circles. These included swirling and twisted stem patterns, leaf base necrosis, and massive heat damage.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
...the idea it cost him 12,000 bucks?,all the dummy has to do is lower his harvester head to get the areas that are crushed down,and he's probably using it for catlle feed anyway so picking up a little dirt from lowering the head makes no difference........and it looks like the crop was nearly ready for harvest anyway,the plants look pretty gold and dry from the picture with the article.
Greedy little people.....probably turn out to be just an inconvenience...
Interesting pattern though.....

while it may not be as high as 12 thousand dollars, it surely is a loss.

would you like it if it happened to you?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Looking at both the Ross and Adams pics my first impression is human-created. They seem to lack the perfection of design that real circles have, the geometry looks off. The detail in the 3 outer circles really seems wrong to me.

Certainly be interested to see other pics from the area. I have found that real ones and human-created ones go hand in hand. This is not too far from where I live so perhaps a trip would not be out of the question.

SpecialAgentWest if you have pics of some of the ones you feel might be non-hoaxs I would love to see them. For anyone connected to this area I am very interested in a picture of the first reported circle in these areas. Was there one that triggered the desire in some humans to make circles?

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/9/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted by GNO
Don't Know

I have no idea what this design meens if anything. It is still interesting. I wonder what caused the farmer's GPS unit to shut down.

GNO

Originally posted by kaoszero
The Ross County circles are interesting looking, as are the Adams county circles. I'd say if it's a hoax, it's a pretty elaborate hoax if something made a GPS unit stop working.

Ever used a GPS in a field?

I have.. it was hell getting those GPS 's to work consistently in the field.

I worked for these guys

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As much as I have followed Crop Circles throughout the years through respected ceriologists such Collin Andrews I'm at the point of show them being made using BBC or credible News Net camera's or forget it.

Why are they so common in Britain and so few and far between in the States and Canada? I try to look for consitancies in Ufology through time and reports but the only thing that remains static with circles is the majority being made in Britain.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Perhaps part of the answer Dallas is that they have nothing to do with UFOs really. We are guessing at the meaning of these circles, but perhaps they center where they do because the beings that make them live there?

Beings from another Planet certainly could be the cause so that keeps the circles in the UFO sphere so to speak but there is not a lot of direct connection between for exmple visual UFO sightings and circles. Some certainly, but that can easily be attribtuted to visitors looking at the circles themselves. With different, or better, instruments it is probably very easy to tell real circles from human-made ones.

Still wondering about the first circle in the last 20 years or so, were these two it?

A.T
(-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join