It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Is To Laugh! First Bush says he's not worried about Bin Laden.. now he says.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Remember back when Bush 'seemed' not too concerned about Bin Laden? There is more than one occasion of this but here is a start:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Now THIS:

news.yahoo.com...

I'm sorry but I just got a kick out of this. Seems like Bin Laden showed up right on cue. (Seems like Bin Laden only shows up when he's 'needed').
Bushs responses to Bin Laden throughout the past really gives me the willies.

Scary stuff.

Does anyone else pay attention to stuff like this?

Anyways, I thought this 'situation' was particularly funny.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by TxSecret]

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 27-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not to much anymore, just the same retorick spouting at different times and different events. They love to find scapegoats as in someone to go after next or someone to get peoples attention diverted too.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Bin Who works for the company, dead or alive.

He's probably at Half Moon Bay with his Saudi friends, sipping the holy juice as we speak. Waiting for the next call.

It's beyond me why anyone would be afraid of BushCo.s ridiculous NeoCon fantasy (new external threat to replace cold war/Communist threat) - al Qaeda? He, Osama, or Tim Osman or whoever he really is, is nothing more than a boogie man (created and used by the CIA). The perfect enemy. The perfect justification for more and more military budget for the war machine.:shk:

Are there terrorists out there? Yes. There always have been and I expect there always will be. Is it really what they claim it is? Not hardly. For those willing to do the research, the truth is out there. (Not on your tv or in your daily paper, tho.)

[edit on 1/25/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It just really struck me for some reason when I read the news on Yahoo today. I've had a bad inkling lately about something bad about to happen.

I just delved into this thread and it kinda' goes along with my paranoia:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of strange stuff going on... Banks reportedly getting ready to handle crises situations.. (Seizing safe deposit boxes?) Stratcom under Cheneys order to nuke Iran in the event of a terrorist attack on our soil, and now the mysterious appearance of a tape from bin laden?? The list goes on and on.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Are there terrorists out there? Yes. There always have been and I expect there always will be. Is it really what they claim it is? Not hardly. For those willing to do the research, the truth is out there. (Not on your tv or in your daily paper, tho.)

I wonder how the families of the 9/11 victims would react to a statement like that? I pray you are correct, but I doubt it. Yes terrorism is not new but a terrorist with a nuclear bomb is new. I think it would be beyond foolish not to assume its true and to not be on guard against the inevitable day when we turn on the TV to see that millions just died. If nothing else we have slowed the process down. How can we not be concerned about people who willingly send their children with bombs strapped on to kill innocent people. Why? So they can have an orgy in heaven with a herd of virgins. How can someone with that mentality not be dangerous!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think those statements by Bush are just Bush acting like a politician responding to different questions. I think the first time he is trying to deflect criticism about not finding Bin laden making him not sound that important. Apparently later he believes the public in general has forgotten his statements or he forgot and tries to make bin laden sound like a serious threat to us all.

I believe what Bush is hinting at is that it's not just the leader of a group such as the leader of a country or the leader of a terrorist group that is important, it's the whole network supporting the leadership. Unless of course you're talking about a monarchy and everyone else is opposed to the guy at the top.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
When you understand who is truly behind these events, that fear will fade. Do not be afraid of shadows and manufactured boogeymen. Be afraid of so-called leaders who are full of insatiable greed & hubris, wielding red buttons.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you EastCoastKid.. It seems you have gotten 'all' the points I was trying to get across.

Don't get me wrong.. I know there are real terrorists in the world: It's the "manufactured" ones I'm most worried about.

Like Jinsanity said most eloquently in another thread:

Jinsanity
"How did Hitler turn a republic into a military dictatorship? Terrorism. "

Ain't that the TRUTH.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Isnt this a case of Bush flipflopping on the issue of bin-laden? I agree though that this is frighteningly convienient "oh no dont look at Iran heres a bin-laden tape look look!! Scary, who is the bigger terrorist here im scarred to death of the incompetence and general shystyness of this administration.[ uh oh my opinion is revealed, who is that knocking on my door at this hour?]
beware troubled times are ahead.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
Thank you EastCoastKid.. It seems you have gotten 'all' the points I was trying to get across.

Don't get me wrong.. I know there are real terrorists in the world: It's the "manufactured" ones I'm most worried about.

Most definitely.

People need to wake up. This administration and Democrats and Republicans alike are lying through their teeth to keep this warfare state alive. And to keep OPEC from going with the Euro.

Like Jinsanity said most eloquently in another thread:

Jinsanity:
"How did Hitler turn a republic into a military dictatorship? Terrorism. "

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
People need to wake up. This administration and Democrats and Republicans alike are lying through their teeth to keep this warfare state alive. And to keep OPEC from going with the Euro.

A tid bit - OPEC is on the defensive as they understand we have the pipeline to the Caspian sea and Iraqi oil, the second largest untapped reserves in the world. We have succesfully put OPEC in check and that was a goal with Iraq and Afghanistan. Gas prices are high not because of the "peak oil" scapegoat, or refineries, but due to OPEC's revenge on the US taking a Muslim nation. Few people do, but if you check out when we went into Iraq you will see OPEC cut production, and raised the price, why? lol, the answer was to regulate price index for the future. I have a bridge to sell you in Dubai if you believe that one.

If you know the history of OPEC then you know oil has always been used as a political tool and weapon, which is why we are in Iraq and will continue to be in Iraq. Terrorism is real and is why we are securing logistics.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
its seems like most people arent even really afraid or worried about bin laden anymore lol. its like that bully thats no longer yet he stills try to act like it and everyone just pushes him outa the way like
"whatever....move" and its pretty funny.

dont you love how osama first denied being involved in the 9/11 attacks then suddenly hes part of it. strange if you ask me. why deny it, then later on say you did it? unless of course he either A. died and they had a look alike acting as a scapegoat to continue their war or B. wasnt informed he was suppose to take responsiblity to further the agenda of our government.

i cant see how it could possibly go any other way its not like "no i wasnt part of the attack" then some time later "OH YOU MEAN THAT ATTACK!! i thought you were talkin about some OTHER attack in america that killed thousands and took years to plan, with the CIA and government knowing that something was going to happen" osama then takes responcibility. it just doesnt happen that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I basically said the same thing on another thread.

Other websites talk about this fact also. The clips are in the archives.

Talk about a flip-flopping fool. I get embarrased just listening to him, and watching him on tv is painful.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Bush is just addressing the situation at hand its not really flip floping but rather thinking about his tactical priorities.

Ie this means that Bush has been advised by his security members that there is a current credible threat out there and that he needs to reapply the pressure on OBL that if he acts that we will act 100 fold.

This is also a warning to Iran, since OBL is most likely off the coast in Iran that there are a state sponsor of Terrorisim and should another event happen on US soil that the US will take action against the goverment of Iran and go in a take OBL out.

Just they can't say that on public TV

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I almost feel sorry for Bush, almost he hehehe

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bin Laden, dead or alive, is a tool of this presidency. His name is dragged out to instill fear when fear needs to be instilled, as this presidency dictates. And when he is not needed, he is tucked safely away in the tool box and becomes 'not important', until the next time this presidency judges that the people are too complacent and fear is needed to control them.

I would think that if he was so important and such a threat to the US, we would have captured or killed him when we had the chance... But then he wouldn't have been available for future fear sessions, would he?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Bin Laden, dead or alive, is a tool of this presidency. His name is dragged out to instill fear when fear needs to be instilled, as this presidency dictates. And when he is not needed, he is tucked safely away in the tool box and becomes 'not important', until the next time this presidency judges that the people are too complacent and fear is needed to control them.

I would think that if he was so important and such a threat to the US, we would have captured or killed him when we had the chance... But then he wouldn't have been available for future fear sessions, would he?

Would'nt it be more tactical then if we perceived him a constant threat. That idiot said out one side of his mouth hes not a threat and then turned around and right out the other side of his mouth said that he was. I agree with you that this is all just a system of control but its a system of control being run by a moron.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i have pointed out in several threads before about what bush said about bin laden only 6 months after 911 and its funny how his supporters don't wish to address that and go suddenly silent.

i have had only one bush-supporting reply in that time which was saying something along the lines of osama was not that important because he was just the figure-head of al-qaeda anyway.

so i guess we should release people like charles manson, and we shouldnt be too hard on the likes of hitler who apparently didnt personally kill anybody.

how can pro-bush americans NOT be angry at the statement he made after what happened?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Would'nt it be more tactical then if we perceived him a constant threat.
I agree with you that this is all just a system of control but its a system of control being run by a moron.

I can't argue with that. See:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

However, a constant threat would allow for complacency. It's human nature to adjust to most stimuli, when it's applied constantly. It's more effective if the stimuli is applied, then removed and repeated.

The promise of a constant threat, without delivery of said threat, would cause the people to relax. This way; bringing BL up and then putting him away, keeps the masses guessing, confused, fearful and controllable. In theory, anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I cant argue with you because I agree with you I just think people should be aware that we are being lied to and those staments seemto support this at least in my opinion.

P.S. I love your podcasts

top topics

<<   2 >>

join