It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you meditate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
After wanting to be able to do astral projection and looking into it, it seems that you have to meditate. I have no idea so coudl someone like give me some pointers, and maybe a how to on astral projection? You can U2U me if you want either way any help will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Heres a good site that shows you how to do it well...

www.gnosis-usa.com... &id=77&Itemid=59

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here is another good link, this is what helped get me started. www.how-to-meditate.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hello truttseeker,

The site that WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE provided is a very detailed and complete course on meditation. Here's the link for the introduction, since the first link provided was on the second lesson:

Gnostic Meditation

The meditation course will definitely help you in achieving a successful astral projection, but I also recommend this course (from the same website), which focuses solely on how to achieve a conscious astral projection:

Dream Yoga

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When it comes to meditation, I have never really figured out what exactly it means, or how to do it myself, so I just do what I consider "relaxation". It may actually be meditation and not realizing it, I don't know. It's very simple though so that's a plus.

What I do:

Lay down on your bed or a similar comfortable place, wearing comfortable, somewhat loose clothes. Make sure you aren't too cold or too hot.

Take a couple deep breaths.

Start to relax your entire body, one muscle group at a time. Over time I have done this one of two ways
1. Visualization: Imagine your body slowly filling with concrete, water, or whatever you want. Imagine how it feels, allow yourself to start feeling heavier. As it slowly fills you up, let each part of your body relax as it becomes filled. I usually start at my feet and work up.
2. Tense & Release: Starting at your feet again with this technique, tense and relax every muscle group in your body. As it does, allow it to completely release as you let go. Start by tensing and releasing your toes, move your ankles around a bit and relax them, move up and tense&release your calves, up to your thighs, etc. All the way to the top of your head. Make sure you really relax your facial muscles and neck, as people tend to overlook these areas.

Once you use either one of these techniques, just lay there. Don't move. Don't think. Just be. Weird stuff will start to happen, but just let it happen. The first few times you will probably start to breathe hard or your heart will race, but after a while you will be better able to keep it under control. Just make sure that you don't fall asleep.

As an alternative, you can also listen to and concentrate on any music of your choice, instead of concentrating on nothing.

Well there it is. That's how I do things. Seems like a lot of writing, but it is really pretty simple when you get down to it.

Lay down > Relax > Experience/Be.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I use a mantra. Nam myho renge kyo or OM

However I think for meditation purposes you could chant the Preparation H commercial and it would work. Repetition until the sounds are meaningless and you stop the debate inside your head.

Meditation is an individual thing and what works for some may not work for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
In many cases meditation is where you remove yourself from your current state of mind and being.In many cases people need to concentrate and stop all thought.When the mind is clear and we are not thinking of this and that our minds and bodies become more one with themselves and the energies that surround us.Closing the eyes removes us form acknowledging the physical world (as much).

Something that helps alot of people is to use the minds perception to imagine yourself.In another place. A good way to understand the flow of chi or energy or whatever yopu want to call it,is to study a few arts that deal with the body as its central teachings.Some of these are really old.I would seek out a local practitioner of reiki or even yoga or something!
Scarecrow...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There's a great book called "Awakening Spirits" by Tom Brown. I highly recommend it. He speaks on the "Sacred Silence" through the perspective of a native american trying to understand the philosophy of having a pure mind. Truley an awesome read.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Barcs]

new topics

top topics

join