It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US troop carrier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Supposed future troop carrier?
www.defensetech.org...
Think i have seen this somewhere before?
images.google. co.uk

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If that was put in to action, i wouldnt ride in it. Thats the biggest moving target ive ever seen!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
But blimps are very hard to take down, they don't use highly flamable hydrogen like the hindenberg anymore, they use Helium

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the only reason that the hindenburg use hydrogen they were not allowed to get helium by the usa ect.

but speaking of us carriers the new generation of carriers is very cool they are redesigned with stealth features intergrated radar and other systems in the commandtower and with a new developed nuclear power source ,
maglev launch system instead of steam power.

www.nn.northropgrumman.com...

sorry I would have pasted them in the post but they are high resolution so I only posted the links which to click.

video = www.cvn78.com...

[edit on 23-1-2006 by MarkLuitzen]

[edit on 23-1-2006 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by clanger
Supposed future troop carrier?

Instead of me throwing out facts...I'll just ask you a question.

Why Not?

Now you can state every objective you have against them...just so I can post later to slap em' down.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

as shown on the right side of the image there are two types being looked at by lockheed martin .

also on the map a plane from another thread the fb-22 on the leftside of the image

we will see the walrus is the troop transport the other would be a fuel resuplie or and radar station and communication relay.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uber Fr0g
If that was put in to action, i wouldnt ride in it. Thats the biggest moving target ive ever seen!

I'll take the blimp as a transport over a ship or airliner. It is faster than a ship and safer than a cargo plane or airliner. It is also easier to protect. A couple of AWACS on station could provide full coverage over the Pacific or Atlantic.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
MarkLuitzen - Cool picture.

What plane is that at the top right? It looks cool, obviously stealthy since the intake is one top and it has a V tail. Anyone know its name?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Airships can actually be made as quite effective heavy lift vehicles, and can travel much faster than ships. Directly to the drop off point as well, rather than to the nearest port to it. I imagine troops would be flown over on charter flights though, because the feed and care of humans isn't something you want to have airborne any longer than neccisary. Rigid frame airships are even faster still, capable of speeds from 80-90 Knots without any particularly great expendature of effort.

Imagine it this way, with a replay of our military involvement in Afganistan.
Take one:
we get overflight permission from some surrounding countries, which allows us to bomb the living daylights out of the bad guys. In addition, when and where neccicary, we can insert units of Marines, who eventually take an airstrip or two and can land cargo aircraft like the C-130 and C-117. (without C-5s though, you get no M-1s, evn with C-5s, it's 1 per flight).
Redux:
We get overflight permission from some surrounding countries, which allows us to bomb the living daylights out of the bad guys, and fly in armor or mechanised units, as well as having the Marines take a few airbases to land C-117s and C-130s for more time critical supplies.

top topics

join