It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lycans,vampires and hybrids..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i have watched Underworld several times. I realised that the Lycans in past times could only shapeshift when it had full moon, but know they can anytime they want.
For this reason vampires had Lycans for slaves.
the hybrid (michael), half-Lycan half-vampire, can live with the sun, the day, or only in the night.
and at last the chief of Werewolfs marrried the daughter of the chief of vampires. they were going to have baby.BUT in the movie, we saw that if you hadnt the rare blood you couldnt become a hybrid.

WHATS YOUR OPINIONS?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
hi vampwolf,

not sure what a lichen is, could you give bit more of a description? has there ever been accounts from people saying they have witnessed them?
i think in the case of story telling, it could be whatever was best suited to the plot of the story in the same way as in films such as Blade or even The Lost Boys.. these may not follow all the necessary requirments of historical idealisms but then again, they are mythical creatures and being a myth can be perform any idealism required.

Not becoming a "hybrid" maybe the same I woud imagine as trying to mate at dog with a human.. not possible in the conception sense although probably in the gene therapy sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lycans are a another word for werewolves

[edit on 23-1-2006 by vampwolf]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They can make them do anything they want dude
Its just a movie

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ly·can·thrope (lkn-thrp, l-kn-)
n.
1. A werewolf.
2. A person affected with lycanthropy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Greek lukanthrpos : lukos, wolf; see wkwo- in Indo-European roots + anthrpos, man.]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That movie "Underworld" must be putting out subliminal mind control messages or something. I haven't seen the movie personally, but it seems everyone who watches it has delusions of grandeur about themselves being werewolves.
Sup with that?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
That movie "Underworld" must be putting out subliminal mind control messages or something. I haven't seen the movie personally, but it seems everyone who watches it has delusions of grandeur about themselves being werewolves.
Sup with that?

Peace

might have something to do with this

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I thought Underworld was a documentary.

- Attero

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I loved this movie and I can't wait to see the second. I guess it's out now? Shouldn't this be in BTS under films? If that's what were talking about, the movie? Or are you wanting to discuss Vamps and Lycans as real Cryptid?

[edit on 23-1-2006 by earthmagick12]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So it's because they really have the hots for Kate Beckinsale?

There just seems to be an increasing number of posters posting about the same "I'm a werewolf" thing.

I tell you what, you people might not want to act out in public. Someone's liable to come along and not understand and light you up with their Glock.
Especially here in Texas. We don't take too kindly to Lycans and we all have conceal and carry licenses.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
GOD, move this already....

The movie decided that Lycantrophe was too complicated for the masses so they sorted it down to Lycan...gah...

Still a good movie though, but this doesn't belong in cryptozoology since this doesn't deal with vampires or werewolves really existing.

Do they exist? possibly, there actually have been sightings of strange wolf like bipedal creatures in Wisconsin and somewhere they found skulls with fangs...and there heads were severed as well, may very well be vampires? lol...or a good hoax.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr LoveSomeone's liable to come along and not understand and light you up with their Glock.
Especially here in Texas. We don't take too kindly to Lycans and we all have conceal and carry licenses.

Peace

don't forget to load those guns with garlic tipped silver bullets for the vampires and werewolves.

am I the only one who keeps thinking werewolf....there wolf?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Okay...
I'm not buying this anymore. This has to be Viral marketing to promote the new movie.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

Come On People!!!-Werewolves and or vampires are NOT real
they are nothing but legends,but if you find one just let me know!!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Dr Love
Sup with that?

Peace

might have something to do with this

I think the Lycans rock but Kate
. Damn. BTW her dad went to my secondary school. If only it was a generation later and she came....

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Oh thank the heavens!

I was thinking that the men with the white coats and the jacket that does up the back may need to be called on the poor creature!

Having seen a friend go over the edge, I was really getting worried that this guy may need to take some heavy meds before reality came knocking again. Thank goodness! You have put my mind at rest....

Now I can leave the marketing department to play with their toes

new topics

top topics

join