It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The path of least resistance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have a few things to ask, but cannot divulge my hidden agenda..I'll make easy to understand the point though

I think we all possess a great deal of resistance when it comes to certain things, people, places, emotions, thoughts, beliefs, paths, fate etc..So what happens when you feel your resistance failing or flailing? Is it better to just give in or fight til the end? When you feel that resistance so strong, almost overpowering, is it our true fate calling us? And why are we sometimes so afraid or skeptical of things for which are in the cards to begin with? It just seems like dancing around a place where your true spirit can emerge...so why is it so difficult to give into it?

OK, enough ranting, I hope I've made myself clear enough for anyone to answer. If not, I'll try harder in the future

[Edited on 10/1/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When my resistance is failing i tend to separate myself from others for a few hours and think, its necessary to recharge ones emotional batteries through this downtime, if it happens in public i normally get defensive and withdraw to a friends emotional umbrella, i think we all experience it from time to time, I tend to be very stubborn with others in those moods and often get slapped

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Change can be very difficult, in some cases it can cause stress to an extent the body responds physiologically and not just in the sense of the "fear of the unknown."
Headaches, illnesses and muscular tension to name a few are symptoms of change.

I always tell other's its important to be rational and not to rationalize, meaning, that if something does seem to make sense, go through the trouble of doing the research and be objective.

Keeping to an idea just because it feels comfortable, can be just as debilitating and often times, it is so in the long run.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
fear of the unknown......... or making a huge mistake can be hard to overcome.

Also............... sometimes it's hard to distinguish between nerves and your intuition

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I have a few things to ask, but cannot divulge my hidden agenda..I'll make easy to understand the point though

When you feel that resistance so strong, almost overpowering, is it our true fate calling us? And why are we sometimes so afraid or skeptical of things for which are in the cards to begin with? It just seems like dancing around a place where your true spirit can emerge...so why is it so difficult to give into it?
[Edited on 10/1/03 by magestica]

There are a few interesting points you made that I can relate to. It's all a progressive process. 1st there's skepticism because you don't know for sure if it will work out. So you stay with what's comfortable until it becomes clear that what's comfortable is no long that. The restlessness sets in & it becomes so unbearable that it overcomes the skepticism & fear.

So moving forward has no more resistance because staying where you are is not an option. There is no guarantee for success with the 1st leap but you know you can't stop moving because staying still is worse.

I don't know if anything I just said made any sense to anyone else but myself. But I felt compelled to contribute my 2 cents without revealing my own hidden agenda.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've never believed in fate - though i have to say i've experienced a few things that have challenged that view, so i'll remain undecided.
I think we are all pulled in certain directions - i believe that energy has a lot to do with this. As far as i am aware ( i know others ideas will differ) we all contain positive and negative energy - but i also believe that our auras attract and repel certain people, and attract and repel us from certain places. A lot is to be said for intuition in my opinion. I'm don't think that can be considered fate though. However, sometimes it often feels like when we are on the right path for us we are contantly reminded of this.
I think that our resistence is partly something to do with our individual needs and partly an unconscious force within us - a sense that we do not know enough about.

Its hard to accept things we can't explain - but its harder if it seems to threaten free will!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Acceptance is an easy change to make.
Resistance is a difficult steadfast motion to take.

For the brilliant one:
No matter where you go,
No matter where you are.
People look upon you,
That shining star you are.

Fear is a process we all must undergoe.
Deception is an enemy we must overcome.
Darkness is a threat to all of us...
It is the cloud of hatred which surrounds us.

Seek the truth,
Learn the truth,
Bring the truth,
Reveal the truth...

I wish you luck on your quest for knowledge magestica.
Grace be with you,
- Tass

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I can hardly contain myself that this many people understood me lol!

In all honesty, I'm not stressed or worried. I know that things are moving forward, and I guess I'm just not used to that. I'm either at a stand still or backtracking..my entire life has been this way. I do not fear change, it's just that when you've waited for the life you always knew you were 'suppose' to live and it finally comes, one can feel in disbelief or overwhelmed by this 'happening' and therefore resist in order to protect the comfort of the old situation or mindframe..

I can tell you this..I have known in a "not so knowing" way what my fate was/is since I was a child..so I accepted it and waited for it to come, and it never did...so there came time when I gave up the search or quest and maybe even became somewhat bitter and confused..Well now that time has come and so you can imagine (or not) the rush of emotions, thoughts etc..traveling through me, or can you?

I taught myself over the years to basically 'flee' from happiness and seek out misery, because it was there that I felt comfortable..I felt at home when I was caged in by someone or something that made me sad or angry, all the negative emotions..this is a very odd and inhumane thing to do to yourself, it's torture basically. And it's something I've only just come to realize and why..

I deeply appreciate all of your comments here, more then you can imagine..and I'm still in awe that most of you knew what I was eluding- in reference to my thoughts..

Good luck Questor..I'm right there with you I think..
Magestica

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I can tell you this..I have known in a "not so knowing" way what my fate was/is since I was a child..so I accepted it and waited for it to come, and it never did...

That's actually why I took up reading runes and Tarot. I got tired of waiting and praying and decided I would take my own fate into my own hands. It's been a MUCH more satisfying path and has led me further than accepting and waiting.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I dident used to belive in fate but ive changed i believe in it 100 percent. your life is already laid out before you so live it and the sooner you realise this the better a person you will become.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The true controllers (not GWB as many here believe), interject a sort of self-destructive program' into those that they most fear. The advanced soul has great power and must be inhibited or repressed especially as we near a sort of 'elevation.' What is most important is not resisting or fighting or fretting about this but learning about what is really going on. The point of freedom may not be far away for some if they are aware of what is to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Are you talking about having your intuition screaming something at you that isn't necessarilly practical in the "real world"?There's an element of a self-check here;
When do we know when to "go with our instincts",and when we are subconsciously trying to make a flawed choice that may be detrimental to us?
Discernment is what it has been called in Eastern teachings.Getting to the point of being able to discern between the "true" and the "false".I battle against what my instincts tell me everyday simply by living in this society,by having my existence defined by arbitrary social constructs and mores , an existence that can be to a large extent "counter-intuitive" to what our inner- beings tell us.Perhaps that is the challenge for those of us who are seekers on a path that are living in these times.Are we bound to this challenge by Karma,or can we transcend it ,to live free of it once we have recognized it? Resistance is after all a force of nature....

(or was that,"Resistance is Futile? I can never keep that straight....lol)

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
*15,15*
lol, welcome to the mystical world of magestica...
Often, some members will speak in riddles in the hopes they are not only better understood, that they also inspire better creativity and reasoning to be used.
Why do you ask?
Resistance is not a force of nature.
Resistance is the greatest idea man ever created for himself,

Grace be with you,
-Tass*40*

new topics

top topics

join