It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Elections Fixed...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My thread was moved from Political Conspiracies forum to here. You should be a MOD.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just because your guys lost, the elections were fixed? No ego problem there, huh? Your so much smarter than everybody else, that it's not possible for people to not vote your way? Very healthy ego.

Oh well, you are hardly alone in your thoughts. The entire democratic party here in the states thinks your way too. Too bad no evidence of tampering on any great scale. Just get yourselves better candidates and issues next time, and you might actually win. Cool concept, huh?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actualy seagull, this thread was started the day before the federal election, so I doubt DaVillen started this thread because "his guys lost".

Just get yourselves better candidates and issues next time, and you might actually win. Cool concept, huh?

You have no idea why the election went the way it did in Canada do you? It wasn't about candidates and issues, it was about voting out a corrupt political party.
Were you aware that 36.3% of people that voted that day voted for the Conservative Party while 30.2% voted for that corrupted Liberal Party?

The entire democratic party here in the states thinks your way too.

Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are pretty clueless when it comes to Canadian politics. For some reason they think it is just like American politics. I've heard some pretty silly comments from both of those parties.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Umbrax.

You are correct that I didn't notice the date the thread began. However, I did indeed know that the canadien elections were about tossing out a corrupt political party. thanks, anyway.

DaVillen.

I have a nasty habit of leaping before I look. If I have in anyway offended I do humbley apologize.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Da Villen - When you hold the assumption - like I used to before this election - that politicians and party war rooms are intelligent people with a good idea of what they're doing (I mean, they are getting paid big bucks, aren't they?), it's understandable to wonder if the elections were fixed when the ruling party starts the campaign with a five-percent lead and ends up with a train wreck...

However, this is all about strategy. Believe me, I work for an organization that followed the campaign very closely, and we kept saying "The Liberals are going to come out swinging NOW... or tomorrow... or at least the day after?" They never did... they made the horrible miscalculation that nobody was paying attention to Stephen Harper's promises in December, because of the Holidays...

I personally expected the Liberals to unleash their big guns the first week of January - I was sure that the masterminds in the war room had it all down pat. But... it seems they got paid triple my salary for nothing... and my illusion that top political strategists are by definition wise and brilliant went out the window...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They made a huge blunder by trying to recycle the campaign they used last time and it bit them in the behind. I doubt they will be making that same mistake twice.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think the the Liberals were waiting for some Conservative candidates to hang themselves. When the Conservative candidates actually managed to keep their mouths shut the Liberals were caught without a campaign.

I don't think they will make the same mistake again.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen

If the Liberals are crooks then how come they are not all in jail?

Because for the longest time the law didn't apply to them, and they didn't feel they had to own up to any wrong doing.

It's the same old song and dance about do as i say not as i do.

Which is why Harper is creating the government accountability act.
To hold scum bags in office accountable for a change.

Just because a couple of bad apples in a group might be corrupt it does not mean they are all corrupt. Every politician breaks a promises, thats the way the system works (no politician is perfect).

Thats a cop out if I ever heard one. When the bad apple is the prime minister and the finance minister who was paul martin at the time, denies having any hand in the sponsership scandal, and you know they're both bs'ing the people, meaning martin has to know where the monies are going because it's his JOB, and chretien is a frenchman from those neck of the woods,those bad apples are breaking people's trust, and the people aren't going to want to put up with these bad apples anymore, they're going to want a change.

We forget to see all the good things that the Liberals have done, especially the economy and the dollar.

any government can do that.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why is it whenever anyside losses the elections are Always fixed??

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
Why is it whenever anyside losses the elections are Always fixed??

This was posted a day before the elections.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry Davillen!!! I just read this thread and I didn't realize that my comment would be taken so offensively-I apologize for any ill-will percieved by my lay off the pipe comment.My humble apologies dude.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmm, Elections run more or less in the media, where the issues are dumbed down and confined to two or three subjects of differing diversionary substance.

Districts redrawn to concentrate votes more heavily in higher income areas.

Not a populace vote.

More and more it resembles the first democracies of Greece, where only aristocrats could vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join