It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same dream twice in same night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone ever have the same dream twice in the same night?

The other night I was dreaming that a huge fight broke out and everyone except me was getting mauled. I was running around trying to help the others. I woke up. Stayed up for about an hour and went to sleep. I had the exact same dream again.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That sounds mad!!!!

i have had dreams, woke up then carried on the same dream from where the last left of.....but never had the dream re run

has this happened to you before

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sounds like you have something serious on your mind. Your subconcious is trying to tell you something? Even if its not a fist fight, anything big going on in your life or at work at the moment?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yo Asala. Sometimes I dream that I am waking up from a dream, only to still be dreaming. Those usually turn out to be nightmares. Do you ever dream about going through drains and such?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think you need to learn something from this dream. Did you help the people around you or were you not able to help?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
actually i only made things worse. I was trying to move a guy but he was so big i really was only holding him in place so that the other guy kept kicking him in the face..

No i have not had "reruns" before.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Yo Asala. Sometimes I dream that I am waking up from a dream, only to still be dreaming. Those usually turn out to be nightmares. Do you ever dream about going through drains and such?

Yep me to...they tend to be nightmares
Drains?? No Why? do you?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes, its really an odd experience. I dream alot of times of teleporting to distant places by going down drains. Its really bizarre, alot of times to it takes place in a cave, where a stream will flow through a narrow opening and I will somehow manage to squeeze through. The funny thing is I am a little claustraphobic, but when I do these things I dont feel anxious at all.

This is going to sound disgusting, but I have even escaped from monsters or people that were after me by going down a toilet!

I also teleport by going into mirrors and televisions and things like that, I know, sounds weird but I pretty much take it for granted while I am sleeping.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow now that sounds kinda scarey....im sorry monsters in loo's lol...
i used to think devils lived down toliets when i was a kid
..i have had dreams about traveling through caves...
on a very small ledge,, just getting deeper and deeper

so do you think your dreams may mean something!!
It sounds like your dreams have a purpose....

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Asala,

I have always felt that many of my dreams have a very deep, spiritual meaning in my life. However if that is the case, I dont know what the message is..
Often I have a dream where I feel I am learning something with very deep meaning about life, and when I awaken I forget what I was dreaming and feel very sad...

On the other hand, I have had dreams where I woke up and remembered them, and they have really given me insight into certain things that I have always wondered about. One dream in particular had to do with something I had been reading. It had to do with chaos and order. As human beings, we try very hard to learn all mysteries about us, to turn chaos into order. I woke up this one night and I must have been dreaming about this subject, because when I awoke I suddenly had a really deep realization that although by nature we try and bring about order in all the mysteries about us, lifes greatest potentials arise from chaos.

I know, it wont help me pay the bills, but it was an epiphany nonetheless.

What it all means I am at a loss, however I can say with certainty that I do enjoy dreaming and analyzing them when I am awake.

Back to waking up inside of another dream, that really is freaky!
Usually I will dream I wake up but cant open my eyes all the way or have trouble moving...

Stuff like that...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thatoneguy-

I interpret dreams as a hobby. According to my dream encyclopedia if you dream about violence it means this........

"To see violence in your dream, indicates unexpressed anger or rage. You need more discipline in your life"

a feeling of helplessness means this

"To dream that you are or feel helpless, suggests that you are experiencing difficulties in confronting a situation or relationship. You feel that you are unable to take charge of yourself. "

The common theme here is difficulties and suppression of feelings. Given you say you ran in your dream, I would say there is some situation in your life that you are feeling helpless about or bottling up your emotions on, that you are trying to escape. Dreaming it twice can mean that this is really preying on your mind and your subconscious is REALLY trying to get you to look at this issue.

Does this sound accurate to you?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yup, quite frequently, especially if I've woken up after the first one. Going back to sleep and having the same one again, or a variation/continuation of it is quite common.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ussually when i dream im dreaming. that puts me into awareness and i lucid dream and start to fly about and stuff because its cool...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
William One Sac
so do you feel in your waking hours that you have a special reason for being on this planet....maybe these dreams are all part of a bigger picture that is just piecing together,
you say it wont pay your bills? who knows if you start writing it down....maybe you will find answers within that

it sounds very interesting though!! id buy ya book!

so have you ever had predictions in your dreams?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice blueshimmer

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi Asala,

Its interesting that you brought up about having predictions in my dreams. I have had some and they have come true. Nothing earth shattering, just small inconsequential things. I havent gambled much, and I have only bet on horse races maybe 4 or 5 times in my entire life. But one night I had a very vivid dream about a horse race, the track where they were racing and the order the winners were going to come in. It made such an impression on me that I went and bet on the particular race, with the particular horses, and I won!

Thats way too much of a coincidence to just be luck. I have had several experiences like that, like I said, nothing earth shattering, but small things, even things like I dream about a person and later that day I run into them, when I havent seen them in years.

As for writing a book, maybe I will one day. I keep a dream journal and also a regular journal, although I have neglected them somewhat lately.

Do you have dreams about the fuiture???

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That is pretty interesting stuff there!!

I have had dreams where things happen. like a traincrash and plane crash,
then when i wake in the morning and turn on the Tv There it is,
But there is not much detail in the dreams,
Also i tend to dream of a place, cant quite work it out
but it seems to be calling me...
like i have to go there for some reason...i have worked out that it is the Grand canyon....
Even pictures of it...make me have a sence of calling to it.... creepy but cool...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Does anyone have an ideas regarding the significance of dreams that you wake up from? Does this mean that the message is more significant or timely?

Just wondered, sometimes this has happened and yet it was not due to being scared or frightened.

top topics

join