It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gwen Stacy will be in Spider-Man 3.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howard's Daughter) is cast to play Peter Parkers first love, (in the comic book) Gwen Stacey.
In the comic book Gwen is killed by the Green Goblin by tossing her off a bridge. The story was told by Gerry Conway and Gil Kane back in 1973. After the Goblin tossed Gwen from the bridge Spider-Man tried to save her by shooting a web to catch her before she hit the ground. The web stuck to her leg and instead of saving her it snapped her neck.
This is a major story in Spider-Man's history and was sort of paid homage to in the first Spider-man movie. In the movie it was Mary Jane who was tossed from the bridge and in a Hollywood way Spider-man did save her.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wonder how they will work it in without totally mucking with the story of Spiderman from the comic books. Considering the fact that in the comic books Gwen was his first love not Mary Jane. Should be interesting to see....

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I just dont get what the deal is with the women they cast for these roles. In the comic books maryjane was a freaken model! Now I think Kirsten Dunst is Hot, but she is more of a classic beauty and not a high profile model,personally I would have cast Denise Richards. As for Gwen Stacy she was a super fine blonde, how about jessica alba or perhaps shakira. Im sorry but I think they are down playing the classic allure of the comic book chick.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Man they should have included her in the first Spiderman movie. Green Goblin should have killed her in that. Would have added alot more depth to a already awesome movie.

I havent really been keeping on on the Spiderman3 news since last I heard the kid from the 70s show Topher Grace is going to be Eddie Brock and then Venom :bnghd: How the heck can they make this pencil neck Venom.

Eddy Brock was always so much more physically imposing then Parker which. When he became Venom I loved that size difference. It also made alot more sense why he was so much stronger then Spidey since its copying the power of Spiderman ie (proportional) strength of a spider.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I really don't get why they are bringing Gwen into the movies at all. I remember on one of the Spider-Man DVDs they said they mixed some of Gwen into the Mary Jane movie character. In the comics Gwen was the sweetheart while MJ was the wild girl.

IMO Spider-Man 3 has too many "new" characters now. Venom, Hobgoblin, Sandman Gwen, and there is word out now that Black Cat is in the movie (at least as Felicia hardy). It makes me mad to hear that there are all these characters in the movie because Black Cat was supposed to be in Spider-Man 2 but they cut her out because they thought they shouldn't try to introduce so many new characters as it would water down the characterization.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah they could really ruin IMHO the best comic book movies ever made by bringing in too many characters at once. Too many and there wont be time to get into each character enough to develop them as they should be, and they could indeed easily become waterdowned characters with zero dimensions.

I have heard som bad things about the Hodgoblin costume already saying it looks like a "skateboarder" or something. I dont even see the point of Hobogoblin this soon he is too much like Green goblin to be used this soon IMHO.

I would love to see Venom one of my all time Favorites from Marvel but only if they do him justice. His true comic book back story would have been to complicated for the Movies so I can accept some change. I dont want or expect Secret Wars to be covered in the Movies.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I agree a flood of new characters could ruin the credibility of this franchize,however,isnt this the essence of the comic book? I mean there are tons of characters. We can only hope these cinema professionals dont completely screw the fans out of some decent movies but hey at least we got two good ones out of them first. And as far as spideys women go if they just cast some hotties[especialy for black cat] I dont think we will mind as much. I know I wont. After all in the comic books they are just eye candy anyways.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well if Gwen is in the film you are going to have to have her father, Captain George Stacy. In the comics Captain Stacy was killed by falling debris from a battle between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus. Captain Stacy died in Spider-mans arms and called him Peter revealing that he knew Spider-man's secret identity.
Gwen Stacy blamed Spider-Man for her father's death. That made things hard on Peter Parker who was Gwen's boyfriend at the time.

Captain Stacy will be played by James Cromwell in Spider-Man 3

Hollywoodreporter.com

new topics

top topics

join