It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoro Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi, i have to say this thread is made out of anger.
I have jsut started watching the new "Ledgend of Zoro" movie, in the first scence of the movie. It shows a group of assumebly south american town full of people voting. Suddenly gun shots are fired, and a evil man approaches asking pretty much to hand the voting ballot box over to him. And suddenly the whole town is caught in a ambush.
Then a hat gets thrown at this evil guy, knocking him off his horse.
Zoro appears on top of a building flying 2 american flags.

At this point i turned the movie off, i never remember Zoro being the new Captain America. The name of the movie should be called "Zoro defender of democracy.

Am i over-reacting? Or are big budget, quick make films like zoro being influenced by the government to put pro-democracy/american scenes in their movies?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Big budget action films almost always use cheap tactics to bolster patriotic feelings in their audiences. Remember in the first Spiderman movie when he poses, oh so dramatically, opposite a giant, billowing American flag?

I usually just shrug it off as a director aiming at a cheap feel-good moment from the audience, just like the obligatory "baby-or-small-child-rescue" moment in any non-gritty action film.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Then shrug your shoulders and go fishing.

The real world is out there.

And you can experience it live, firsthand, and for free.

Why watch movies whe you can star in your own?

Sans the flags, Zorro is a step in the right direction. The whole retro trip. Back to the swords. If we outlawed guns and passed a law that every man and woman in our culture was REQUIRED to wear a Wakizashi short sword in public, the Darwin Effect would very rapidly produce a polite, just, intelligent and peaceful culture. After the initial bloodbath.

Mwahahahahahaha...

!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You know Wang..that is what I thought when years ago I saw one of the Rocky series of movies. While I dont care to use movies as examples of much in my posts..this one was significant as to what it portended.

It was the Rocky movie where he fights this big Russian Boxer for some kind of title match in Russia.
When the movie was over I said to myself...Hollywood is giving us a sneak preview of what is coming ...for us to prepare for thier agenda.
We are going to be coming to terms with the Russians over this Cold War stuff. Rocky is paving the road in acceptability of this new agenda.
That is pretty much what happened.

This Rocky movie was quite a number of years ago..but hollywood seems to give this kind of sneak preview from time to time. You know...to get everyone on the agenda as needed. Art immitating life or life immitating art..take your pick!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Chakotay, i will have to agree with you on the Wakizashi comment. Natural selection can then continue, we would become a stonger race

The thing i am worried about is not that the moive creators/writers, whoever is in charge of the little sublimal messages set in movies. If they are doing it of their own will, and not being bribed/threatend to put this stuff into their films.
If they are just a naturaly patriotic movie creator, good on him.
Its government influence that concerns me.

[edit on 103131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just Another reason not to bother

lol

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wang

Not to defend any particular view, but...According to the last Zorro movie (not the book)...the setting for the action was in the pre-union California...So, wouldn't it stand to reason that the second movie would place Zorro in the same locale?...just a thought.

top topics

join