It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am wondering what anyone knows about sleep paralyisis. I have been doing it for over 5 years now and I have been able to wake myself easily and calmly..(I used to panic) i have been doing some reading and trying to figure out the cause of this.
What I experience is so vivid and real that I don't believe that my mind is playing tricks on me. In recent years, I have felt a strong female presence while I am trying to move. I have realized that If I relax and don't panic that I wake easier.....
Anyways, this is my first post. While surfing the net trying to figure this phenomenon out, I came across this site and thought that someone here could explain things in plain terms to help me.
Thanks to all and if you need me to elaborate what occurs, just ask.

huntress101

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Try using the search function on the board

I tried to put a paste of the search that I did up but it was not readable.

There are quite a few threads that have info on sleep paralysis

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS huntress!

I'm not really full bottle on Sleep Paralysis, so I'll leave the explanation to someone with more knowledge.

What I can tell you is that some people link it with abductions, or out of body experiences. I've experienced Sleep Paralysis myself and while I dont think it had anything to do with either, it did accompany some pretty bad dreams that I had been having.

Hope someone else can help you out a bit more!

MM

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome huntress!

If you are looking for info on SP you have come to the right place.

Here try this link for a thread on possible explanations of Sleep Paralysis

Here is another thread with a link to an interesting article

As far as my experience in having SP, I have come to the conclusion that the amount of stress and lack of energy at the end of each day were the major contributors to my experience. Since work has slowed down for me I have not had another episode.

Good Luck in your search and I hope this helps some!

[edit on 18-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Unfortunately I have little to no experience with sleep paralyisis I have never seen it either the only time Ive heard about it is within these walls(ats) sorry but im sure some others here can be of great help!

top topics

join