It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: David Duchovny to star in the next Hulk movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't usually post rumors, but this was just too juicy to pass up.

aintitcool.com is reporting that they have inside information on the next Hulk movie. They say Eric Banna is out and David Duchovny is in.
To my knowledge Banna is under contract to make another Hulk movie. I also know that Banna is not really interested in making another Hulk movie, and who could blame him.

Personally I would love to see Duchovny play Bruce Banner. I think he fits well.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
DEAR...GOD...NO!

I would rather associate David's career to Bathoveen then to The Hulk.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ROTFL he was in Beethoven?

I found another article about this.

www.scifi.com

David Duchovny is under consideration to take over the title role in a straight-to-video sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk movie, according to a report on the ContactMusic.com Web site.

Duchovny would reportedly take over from Australian actor Eric Bana, who supposedly pulled out of the sequel project when he learned it would be releasd on DVD.

"Duchovny's name has been bought up several times," Cuneo reportedly said. "He's quite the fan, too."

Man, that would be a bad career move for him to be on a direct to DVD Hulk movie

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You think I would lie about something that strange?

From IMDd:

Cast overview, first billed only:

Charles Grodin .... George Newton
Bonnie Hunt .... Alice Newton
Dean Jones .... Herman Varnick, D.V.M.
Nicholle Tom .... Ryce Newton
Christopher Castile .... Ted Newton
Sarah Rose Karr .... Emily Newton
Oliver Platt .... Harvey
Stanley Tucci .... Vernon
David Duchovny .... Brad

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Are yall saying that you didn't like the first movie? I thought it was pretty good.

Bana did a good job as Bill Bixby.

The problem for an actor with the Hulk is that a computer generated beast gets all the good screen time. Bana's role was almost secondary. If I was Bana I'd bail too. Plus there's no Jennifer Connely in this one I guess. What a load!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Banna was okay I suppose. I just didn't like the way he was written. Like the line where he says he likes losing control and becoming the Hulk. That is so far off from the source material that it really ruined the movie for me. Banner should be tormented by the fact that he turns into that monster. Much like someone would if they became a were-wolf and went about on a murdering rampage.
If the Hulk movie stayed closer to the comic it would of done way better in the box office.
The only things that saved that movie for me was Sam Elliott and the CG Hulk. ILM did an excellent job on making the Hulk come to life.
Everything else sucked. Especially those dogs

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
aintitcool.com has allegedly contacted Avi Arad and squashed this rumor.

Hey folks, Harry here... Just got off the phone with Avi Arad - literally right after his assistant said, "I've got Avi Arad for you," and Avi said, "Hello," I said - "Avi, you're not doing a direct to video HULK sequel are you?" And we started laughing. I've no doubt that Latauro heard what he heard, but man... If you know Avi Arad - he 100% loves THE HULK.
So - what is happening with HULK? Well, MARVEL is going to make the second one themselves with Universal distributing it... so this will be a Marvel production outside of the Paramount distribution deal that they set up last year. Right now, Avi is talking to various directors and writers and he intends to make a direct sequel... not a reboot.

In closing, no Duchovny and no direct to DVD.

top topics

join