It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we were.........{READ}

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
in TROUBLE

I have been thinking....What if we were being tested? and in year 2012

everything is over....If you been researching about the Mayan

Calendar....It ends on a certain date and TIME[someone said the time was

11:11 or somthing....i'm not so sure about that one] on 2012..kind of wierd

I want some opinion of what might happen.....and.....If we learn that aliens

made the pyramids, Sphinx etc. i think this is very scary....[in my opinion]

do they keep flying over our sky? who is the UFO?

what about Planet X.....is it the return of the Planet X in 2012?

Does religion have to do anything with this?

Please reply or put opinions or anything.....

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My calender ends at 2099, does that mean something extrordinary is going to happen? Given the fact that the Myans deserted their cities, there obviously wouldnt be any need in continuing that calender. I dont see why people read so much into this, people do stop making things over a course of time, if it ended at 11:11 that just seems like an appropriate stopping place to me.

Of course I could be wrong, but then again if something does happen in 2012 who's to say its not just a coincidence?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Given the fact that the Myans deserted their cities, "

are they "aliens" that left?

but why 2012? and specific time and date? why couldnt they just end the

calendar in 10 years after it was deserted?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Who knows? No one can say for sure if they were planning on something happening then, or if they just stopped. Perhaps the people making it just lost the point in and stopped. Perhaps something happened to them before they could finish the dates. Like I said their cities were abandoned, they've also discovered evidence of great illnesses reaking havok through their cities, and large numbers of people being beheaded or stoned and buried in mass graves. If these things happened in your city now would you be so hard pressed to keep up a calender?

Im not exactly sure what you mean by " are they "aliens" that left? ".

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What if they werent humans......and they were Aliens

link

"Silbury Hill (2), nr Beckhampton, Wiltshire. Reported 2nd August. This Amazing Crop Circle features an Ancient Egypt mosaic in the centre and symbols from the Mayan Calendar around the rim."

i am sorry I'm not great with English.....but are they saying that an UFO made that? or its just a design?

(mod edit to reduce long url to a link)

[edit on 18-1-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There is a fallacy on the thought that something will happen in 2012, due to the Mayan Calender. If you would really take the time to read the facts of the case, it does not say end of the world or doomsday.

Lets get rational and not go with the sheeps on the belief that 2012 is our doom. There will be many charlettans out to work a few bucks for this mega date from a mysterious ancient civilisation, entwinning that date with a few additional home brewed predictions to make it look real.

You will have more worries about 2006 than the speculated date of 2012, with homework, gals, jobs, new comp games, xbox360, the drunkard driver on late sat evening, etc.

The only end of the world fact known now to mankind of our doom are asteriods crashing onto us and the sun dying out in a few more million of years. Other than that, the rest are pure speculations without anything concrete. Good to be aware though, but it does not mean we should pack it in and hide away in caves. Take it easy and make sure you live not as a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed with bullsh#t, but with full disclosure of knowledge and not in ignorance.

Live each day as if it is the last, but not in hiding or fear. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsolved2490
What if they werent humans......and they were Aliens

link

"Silbury Hill (2), nr Beckhampton, Wiltshire. Reported 2nd August. This Amazing Crop Circle features an Ancient Egypt mosaic in the centre and symbols from the Mayan Calendar around the rim."

i am sorry I'm not great with English.....but are they saying that an UFO made that? or its just a design?

Yes, supposedly aliens did make the crop circles, but that doesnt have anything to do with the Myans. As far as I know anyway, could be wrong there, havnt heard anything about it though.

Nice post SeekerofTruth101.

(mod edit to reduce long quoted url to a link)

[edit on 18-1-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i am not trying to piss you off or make you mad....but...did u miss this part

"symbols from the Mayan Calendar around the rim" if the Aliens did make

that "sign" then what are they trying to tell us....many "signs" have round

shape in it too[not proving a point] but wierd

i hear people saying saying the "signs" are trying to warn us or give us

clues.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
ohh yeahh n i like the post SeekerofTruth101!!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Good to be aware though, but it does not mean we should pack it in and hide away in caves. Take it easy and make sure you live not as a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed with bullsh#t, but with full disclosure of knowledge and not in ignorance.

Live each day as if it is the last, but not in hiding or fear. Cheers!

Especially considering the fact that some of us don't even get this opportunity.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think they did leave the Earth, back to where they came from....where we all came from. So did the Anastasi Indians of Colorado. many a race left Earth for better things, and we will have our choice too, in 2012. I can't wai for the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Actually I believe the Mayan calendar reset is probably based around some sort of astronomical event. I think it tracks about 5125 years of time for each complete cycle.

The ancient civilizations were such astute astronomers, and they knew the earth had a wobble to its rotation which is what we call precession. Plus they somehow figured out the length of time it takes to complete one wobble, which is around 26000 years. So, for some reason, they divided this cycle into 5 parts. And it probably has more to do than with 5 being some kind of magical number, because back in the year 3114 BC I believe, the Mayans, Egyptians, Cherokee, Aztecs, and others all began a new cycle. That's too coincidental for these separated civilizations to do it at the same time unless they were watching the same celestial event, and it was this event that they were timing, much like the orbit of another body or the cycle of the sun's nuclear furnace going temporarily crazy.

I guess we'll see if anything ever turns up in 6 years.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Actually I believe the Mayan calendar reset is probably based around some sort of astronomical event. I think it tracks about 5125 years of time for each complete cycle.

The ancient civilizations were such astute astronomers, and they knew the earth had a wobble to its rotation which is what we call precession. Plus they somehow figured out the length of time it takes to complete one wobble, which is around 26000 years. So, for some reason, they divided this cycle into 5 parts. And it probably has more to do than with 5 being some kind of magical number, because back in the year 3114 BC I believe, the Mayans, Egyptians, Cherokee, Aztecs, and others all began a new cycle. That's too coincidental for these separated civilizations to do it at the same time unless they were watching the same celestial event, and it was this event that they were timing, much like the orbit of another body or the cycle of the sun's nuclear furnace going temporarily crazy.

I guess we'll see if anything ever turns up in 6 years.

I just read this, and have just found something that might be of intense interest. It is possible that, if the Mayan Calendar is really intended as a cyclical age-like item, dictating the passing of ages, that it could very well be plotting the precession of Earth.

To explain, let me simply state what we know to be fact. The Mayan Calendar has a cycle of approximately 5125 years. The approximate length of time for the Earth to precess is 26000 years. Thus, if we simply multiply the calendar by 5, we get the rough estimate of 25625 years, VERY close to the 26000 year marker. This has already been thought of, from the sources that I found, so it's not a unique thought, but it does indeed make a lot of sense to me. I just wish it was possible to find out for sure. Imagine how long the Mayan civilization had to exist for them to come up with such a thing. That's just amazing.

Well, there's that. Feel free to opine. I like discussions like this one.

--TheBorg

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am so confused as to what the big deal is over this Mayan calendar. ALL calendars have to have an arbitrary end, or else you'd have to keep making the same one forever. Once you reach the end of the calendar you just make a new one. Its that simple.

I'm really, really sick of hearing about this over and over again. >

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I am so confused as to what the big deal is over this Mayan calendar. ALL calendars have to have an arbitrary end, or else you'd have to keep making the same one forever. Once you reach the end of the calendar you just make a new one. Its that simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't believe because of this mayan calander that came to an end because they stoped being the meyan tribe or something after that year that something catoclysmic will happen in 2012 because of it. I don't think anything really terrible will happen in 2012 especially not that the world will come to an end.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The human race has become a disease, a cancer of this planet. It wouldn't suprise me if the aliens tried to reduce the numbers of us. The end of the Mayan calendar could well be a sign of the "reduction".

[edit on 2006-1-17 by bracke]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsolved2490
in TROUBLE

I have been thinking....What if we were being tested? and in year 2012

everything is over....If you been researching about the Mayan

Calendar....It ends on a certain date and TIME[someone said the time was

11:11 or somthing....i'm not so sure about that one] on 2012..kind of wierd

I want some opinion of what might happen.....and.....If we learn that aliens

made the pyramids, Sphinx etc. i think this is very scary....[in my opinion]

do they keep flying over our sky? who is the UFO?

what about Planet X.....is it the return of the Planet X in 2012?

Does religion have to do anything with this?

Please reply or put opinions or anything.....

it wont be 2012 it will be 2011

have you herd of the "nine" gods of egypt?

the "nine" come from sirius

the "nine" are the ones who constructed the great pyramids on earth

EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE HAS TO DO WITH NUMBERS!

1=universe

2=love

3=trinty/spoken word/is-ra-el

4=knowledge

5=?

6=?

7=messages from the universe

8=what goes around comes around

9=the "nine" gods of egypt...the elohim

there is no higher number then 10,in numerology if you have a two digit number you always have to add the two numbers together until you get the smallest number possible

so 10 would be 1+0=1

1=the universe

so 14 would be 1+4=5

the christ number is 3,because he is the communication of the universe

3 sides of a triangle form the trinity

our sun is a stargate to sirius

the trinty of isis ra & the elohim

jesus will come thru the sun/stargate in 2010

2+0+1+0=3

2010= the biblical 6th seal

the 7th seal is 2011

in 2011 we will gain the knowledge of the universe(golden age)

2+0+1+1=4

4=knowledge

there are only 11 tribes of is-ra-el

read revelations chpt 6 ,the angels only sal 11 tribes not 12

11 is the number of our souls

1 side is negative
1 side is positive

1x1=1

our souls multiplied equal the universe

christ is the "sun" of the universe

3+7=10
1+0=1

communication+the messages from the universe=the universe

jesus was the communication

jesus was denied 3 times

he died and came back in 3 days

jesus said he is the "way"

the way is thru the "sun"

triangles are symbols for stargates

the trinty is a stargate

jesus will bring us home..to sirius

why did howard stern go to sirius radio...to gain freedom

we must gain our freedom thur sirius

jesus is our "way" home

we will travel thru the "sun" in 2010

the whole earth is the tribe of israel

they "nine" made a covenant with us

the nine are the elohim

the nine represent the essence of the universe

ill post more later

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm completely in line with this; even if it is tied to some kind of cycle, what were they supposed to do? I mean, our calendars are tied to a cycle as well. Just because the calendar I have on the wall stops at December 31st, does that mean something big is going down? No, that just means that's where the people making my calendar decided to stop.

I can go to the store and buy calendars that have two years; calendars based around school years that start in August and end in June. I can make a calendar of my own for tracking a fiscal year that begins on one arbitrary date and ends a year later. It's still a cycle, and it could be argues that it's an astronomical one to boot. Even the divisions of our calendars are based on cycles--days are based on the cyclical rotation of the earth; months are (loosely) based on the cyclical orbit of the moon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join