It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some input, old ladies attacking me, lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Today in my store a group of 3 older(50ish) women came in and wandered around without saying too much. As they were leaving, the prettiest one said "You've got a lot of pagan things in here.". I was a bit shocked that she said that, I smiled and nodded my head and they left. About 2 minutes later that same "pretty lady" came back and handed me a religious tract and said "I thought you should read this.". The tract was titled "Heaven or Hell, it's your choice". I told her "thank you" and she left. Then I thought about it a bit and got a little mad about the whole thing.

We sell candles, incense, fairies, dragons, chinese figurines, wind chimes, beer and wine making supplies, and hand blown glass pipes and accessories. All of this is painted on our window, these ladies had to know what they were going to see when they entered our store.
What I need ideas for is I want a "really good" reply for people that say things like she did. I don't want to insult, be mean, or put them down in any way. Just a reply that would make them think about how close minded they are. Something that might make her eyes get big and not know what to say.... Get the idea?
Thanks for any input!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why even get worked up over them?

just another earth ape wearing a false crown of righteousness

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
He He, ain't that the truth....

I gotta say something though.....

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
He He, ain't that the truth....

I gotta say something though.....

There are some very entertaining "anti-tracts" available for free on the internet. You might keep some handy for such occasions. The other response would be something like "You know, you're kind of hot when you say that," and lick your upper teeth. The weirder the situation (old ladies, guys, mormans or JWs at your front door), the more effective it is. They'll run off as fast as they can to church to pray for an hour.

And if she really is hot, well,... you never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Why does everyone walk on eggshells around old ladies ? I am sure that if it had been a 20 yr old male U wouldn't have hesitated right ?
I don't, I don't care their age, hell I tell my own family members to keep their beliefs to themselves, I can find mine just fine tyvm.
I believe this type of thing to be a disrespectful thing, when will people stop trying to instill their beliefs in others ? ughhhhhh

and lol @ "Heaven Or Hell, it's your choice"
Ask her if there is a 3rd option.

give it to her
and I mean a cussing unless ... nevermind lol

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Spamandham, I'm going to look up those "anti-tracts". I like it

ImJaded, you're probably right about the age thing. Sounds like you have the situation under control.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well you could just ask them for hair samples to use in a store wide love spell. Because everybody just knows all pagans really do is cast magic and have orgies in the name of Satan!

I'd just ignore them. Chances are you won't make them think about anything but that your damned. They've probably had these beliefs most of their lifes and aren't going to give them up.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wouldnt bringing in the phamplet come under solicitiation (which many stores such as walmart prohibit via signage at their doors). If thats the case just place a large and very visible sign on the front of the store to the effect and then if/when they come back inform them to put away the tracts or they will have to leave the store.

I have to wonder why people choose to troll like this to annoy others. As mentioned the store is clearly marked with what it sells, so they had no possible reason to be there other than A) buying something for their grandkids (not likely given their non-pagan-friendly attitude) or more likey B) out looking for people to try to convert for whatever brownie points they think they are going to get.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Where do you work...............Smoke 'n' Toke?

What were those old ladies doing there in the first place? Were they looking for something to smoke something for their cataracts?

Also, you seem to be intrigued by the 50ish "pretty lady". Sup with that?

Peace

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes there is a growing problem with gangs of old women beating up young men,

Beware Hells Grannies

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dr Love, I have a thing for older women anyway... but when you have a woman in her fifties that gives you a woody just by looking at her,,, Yes, I'm intrigued. She looked like she could still be modeling bathing suits.

Our store is called "The Banana Tree", we have a live one in the front window.

Great comments everyone, I love it!

I didn't find very many "anti-tracts" in my searching today, anyone have any good links?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I didn't find very many "anti-tracts" in my searching today, anyone have any good links?

Chick tract parodies

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Banana Tree...Is that in Michigan? Traverse City, by any chance?

As for advice on the old lady, good luck. Sorry I don't have any useful advice, hehe.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Kitsunegari, I'm actually from Saginaw Michigan, but now I live in Minerva Ohio. That's where our store is.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ah. I ask because I visited a store called The Banana Tree in MI.

Good luck, then

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ask her where some of your favorite great minds of the past are right now (most likely hell) then say: "sweet, where do i sign up?"

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Spamandham, I appreciate the link. I was already there, funny as heck but darn hard to print as a tract. I have a few good ones, but I think there are better ones out there somewhere.

top topics

join