It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Alien Species?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think this thread as gone a bit off topic. The intent I think was to see if there was some standardization of the supposed alien species and possibly a consensus as to the variety and veracity. But I could be wrong.

Unsubstantiated claims of alien contact or interaction should go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks for your participation.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
EarthSister...you have some very bold statements, when is the last time you had your head checked?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
EarthSister...you have some very bold statements, when is the last time you had your head checked?

Play nice now.!!! No need to make BOLD statements like that.

Apologies Mods if I have stepped over my member status.

Read the TOS again Diplomat.

ES is a valuable member, I for one respect what she has to say and the efforts she has made and continues to offer.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by one_small_step]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Yeah, look thats abit below the belt. EarthSister has been kind enough to answer a barrage of my questions not knowing me from a bar of soap. Before you can knock something you really need to study the facts in order to make that decision. Other wise you mite be the one who needs your head read

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Listen my loved ones not to the powers that be but to the collective unconscious that haunts you upon each awakening.....I love you....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
How does someone legitimize an alien species?

It would be useful to put together a cross referenced list of credible alien species from unrelated reports describing pretty much the same details. In 1957 only there was a dozen of reports of small aliens with big eyes covered with reddish-brown fur in my country, France. A small version of Star Wars wookies.
The same behavioral pattern have been noted in these cases. I found only one similar report from South America.

So that would be my answer to your question. Find several reports from credible witnesses who have nothing to gain, relating similar details. It is very difficult to be sure of anything with details. There may be many subgroups of the same species dressing differently, flying different UFO models.

From the diversity of descriptions I wouldn't be surprised if more than a hundred aliens species visited Earth in the past century more or less regularly. Not all of them are humanoid, even if most of them are. The polarization on a few well known races is not supported by testimony. Clifford Stone's number of cataloged species seems more likely to me than just a few. Grays, Reptilians and Nordics have been popularized mostly by Sci-Fi and hoaxers.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This list is interesting:
A Biological Guide To Extraterrestrials - A Classification Based On Contact Accounts By Gary Opit
I am going to compile statistics tonight from a French CE database, see how many species can be clearly recognized there. I remember reading about a Blob case. Not sure about Frogmen.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
From those that know
What's the count on Alien species to date?

A.Can we have a list?
    B.Can we get their origins?
    C.Are they all humanoid?

[edit on 16-1-2006 by nullster]

Ill have to do some research on this but i will post a reply to this when i have more info.

from what i know so far:

A - Yes i will give you a list (i just need time for a complete one)

B - I will list origins and other stuff that i find interesting to be known about them

C - From what i know, no. Most are, but there are a few that are not.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Before we go all out and regard Sgt Clifford Stone's testimony as factually accurate, it's worth considering some of his other claims. One particular claim that I associate with him is that aliens won't abduct or attack people that wear the crucifix or carry a Bible.

For example, there was an instance where they tried to pick up a farmer...he started to pray and they couldn't take him aboard the craft... He kept praying and finally they gave up trying to abduct him. There was also an incident in Vietnam where a UFO set down in a field. It terrorized some of the villagers, and there was a soldier who was out visiting his girlfriend, who would later become his wife. Anyhow, he got tied up there and the UFO was trying to convince some of the people they should go. It wanted to take some of the people. The soldier stood his ground and wouldn't let the entities do it. The M16 that the soldier had was impervious to the aliens, but the cross that he always wore, and he always carried a Bible, they had regard for that. Finally, they gave up and decided not to try to take any of the people...
Interview with Sgt Stone

Maybe he's right and maybe he isn't
Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals includes witnesses with less extraordinary claims and more credibility.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some people make very bold claims regarding alien species, races and the planets or systems they allegedly originate from. Where is the evidence? We have hearsay and the word of 'insiders.' We have the subjective accounts of 'experiencers' and abduction claimants. None of which should be considered as conclusive. We can't be 100% sure that ET is even visiting...let alone start counting species!?

I'm open-minded and interested in the subject of visiting aliens. Accounts of abductions are of a secondary interest because there are too many hoaxers, delusionals and unreliable claimants. Nevertheless, Dr John E Mack interviewed more abduction claimants than probably anyone else...

Professor John E Mack was an eminent Harvard psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and Pulitzer Prize winner whose clinical work had focused on explorations of dreams, nightmares and adolescent suicide. Then, in 1990, he turned the academic community upside down because he wanted to publish his research in which he said that people who claimed they had been abducted by aliens, were not crazy at all. Their experiences, he said, were genuine.
BBC News

Most of his interviewees described very similar creatures. After spending years and surviving a hostile Harvard investigation into his research and methodology (his methodology was validated), he was often asked for definitive answers. As a scientist, he could only rely on the evidence he had. The nature of subjective accounts wouldn't support a definitive answer...instead he replied...

"I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [But] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way, that's mysterious. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry."

It's a quote that should make people think because it goes hand in hand with the UFO phenomena. That people see UFOs is a fact. It's 'what' they actually see that is open to discussion. Likewise, Dr Mack believed abduction accounts are a real phenomena, 'what' they actually are is open to discussion.

Based on UFO sightings and abductions (Type 3 encounters), there is a theme of small size, large heads, large eyes. Some identify cultural influences in the descriptions and explain that Hollywood and fictional depictions are the reasons there is a commonality of type. I think such explanations are limited and work on the false assumption that we are all subject to believe in identical myths.

If there is a visiting alien species, it's almost certainly small, large headed and big-eyed. The Hollywood explanations fail to explain why people aren't describing Wookies (Chewbaccas), Predators or the creatures from the Aliens movies. If the legendary myth of 'disclosure' occurred tomorrow, I'd be stunned if the contact species didn't look like a 'grey.'

top topics

<< 1   >>

join