It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Thoughtcrime?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yes, you read right, thoughtcrime. doesn't jesus say that if you look at a woman with lust you are already guilty of adultery?

christianity, is it the ultimate tool for thoughtpolicing and, eventually, complete control?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
And is intelligence the ultimate tool for proper punctuation?

I think religion is the ultimate mind control "device". It's fast-acting behavioral modification with thousands of years of social conditioning working on all these poor weak minds.

By the way, have you ever seen Jesus' Psychological Profile?

[edit on 1/16/2006 by Rev_Godslapper]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, I suppose in all of the Christian theocracies in the world, it would be possible. However, if they were a Christian theocracy, it would stand to reason that, were they to call you on your thought crime, your punishment would be saying "I'm sorry".

It could be skewed and spun as such, but I highly doubt that if thought crime becomes an issue in the US (I suspect you're eluding to that, since some other nations already have laws very similar to thought crime laws, some of which apply to those who accept the tenants of Christianity) it will use Christianity as its foundation. It would be a lot easier to appeal to people's patriotism and say, essentially, that you have nothing to hide if you're doing nothing wrong, so thought crime laws only protect the state from criminals -- 1984-ish. Trying to set up thought crime principles on the back of Christianity would be like trying to explain galaxies through quantum mechanics. You might be able to make a decent case, but people in the know would call you out as the charlatan you are.

So no, Christianity will not be the basis of thought crime law, especially if it becomes a reality in America.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Uh, no. That doesn't even make sense. Since the sin is between you and God as no man can read your thoughts, and as our decaying society doesn't even recognize such immoral behavior as wrong anymore, where is your point?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have one comment and one comment only for this one:

"I'm screwed..."

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
yes, you read right, thoughtcrime. doesn't jesus say that if you look at a woman with lust you are already guilty of adultery?

christianity, is it the ultimate tool for thoughtpolicing and, eventually, complete control?

Hmmmm....

But Jesus never seems to have said anything about looking at a male with lust and being guilty of anything!

It's all becoming very clear to me now....

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
But Jesus never seems to have said anything about looking at a male with lust and being guilty of anything!

Because the female pronoun was used to denote all people well before 1960

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
yeah jj, it's just another example of how different languages are...

sheesh, grow up peoples

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rev_Godslapper
And is intelligence the ultimate tool for proper punctuation?

I think religion is the ultimate mind control "device". It's fast-acting behavioral modification with thousands of years of social conditioning working on all these poor weak minds.

By the way, have you ever seen Jesus' Psychological Profile?

[edit on 1/16/2006 by Rev_Godslapper]

your right. religion is the ultimate mind control. religion and all the people who fell for it nailed jesus to the cross. they couldnt comprehend that he wasnt from this world and all the power that he possessed. he was capable of what we are all capable of and it threatened the religious empire that was being built...and still being built....and they did realize that. they had to get rid of him. but little did they know, he had the power to overcome death. if people could get past religion and and realize the truth, their mind could be set free. but thousands of years of mind control will not be stamped out. thats why jesus said only a few will make escape when he comes to get rid of everything that wasnt ment to be. you can call it sin or whatever you want. it makes us stupid as a human race. it keeps us focused on material and physical things other than spiritual things. too bad people eat it up and ask for more.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Uh, no. That doesn't even make sense. Since the sin is between you and God as no man can read your thoughts, and as our decaying society doesn't even recognize such immoral behavior as wrong anymore, where is your point?

what is the best way to enforce thoughtcrime?

think about it.

make people so scared that they turn themselves in for it, make them think that they're constantly being watched. the whole idea of the panopticon.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And on my points on why thought crime wouldn't come about through Christianity?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
it actually isn't just christianity, it's all monotheistic judgemental faith, christianity is just flashier and attracts more people to post.

also, i'm not saying in america, or in any place in particular.

the fact is that christianity is open to abuse for those who want to control the thoughts of the general population. christianity is just a way to front it.

a conspiracy in religion doesn't necassarily stem from the religion's tennants, it usually comes from those that interpret the more vague areas of the religion.

also, you alude to islamic thoughtcrime as oppossed to christian thoughtcrime (if i'm not mistaken at least). well, in islam the only one you're accountable to for your belief (or lack there of) is allah, and it can only be judged accordingly. the problem is the more violent passages of the quran get interpreted WAY too literally.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ALL religions are a form of thought control, which is why i'm a spiritual anarchist. Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will fall away.

Should the government come out and say you HAD to believe what they were telling you, You would rebel in a heartbeat. When a religion comes out and tells you that you MUST believe as they tell you, Most capitulate and becomes thoughtless zombies.

Its baffling why that is

These are just my opinions though. Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What did David say after the incident with Bathsheba?

He told God that against God only had he sinned.

There is a such thing as having bad thoughts, but you shouldn't be jailed for them. God will deal with you in His own time.

That's how I see it.

new topics

top topics

join