It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction of thought-to-be fact and experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I just watched white noise. But I am perplexed by something in the movie. From the movies standpoint, E.V.P. can be recorded from any location, like the main characters house, where nothing bad has happened. But from my small amount of ghost-hunting experience, you have to be at the location that is haunted. So what is right.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't mean to spoil the movie to anyone, so i'll be as generic as i can.

Maybe that was just a mere plot device, otherwise how could the main character have managed to get into the whole thing?

A) Either by going at a certain place where a certain something had happened some months before, and spending huge amounts of hours there, in the plain open air
or
B) By staying in front of his computer.

I think the producers decided for B...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I haven't seen the movie, but I can say that I have (very much unintentionally) recorded stuff like that while just recording other things. My friend and I always record our voices onto the computer, make songs, etc. A few times, really weird voices have shown up that are definately not ours. More his house than mine. I forget, but I think one was something along the lines of "Is he dead". As far as I know, his house and my house are not haunted, although some weird stuff has happened, nothing huge and manifestation-like.

So I would say it can happen anywhere at any time it wants to. Perhaps just more concentrated at haunted places.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In this case when the wife of the man died she was apparently atteched to him.Micheal (the main char) was the ghost of his wifes fetter.Due to her being tortured and @##@$ or whateverThe amount of energies she left when she died,aswell as the need to stop this man allowed for the ghost to be formed.This resulted in her becoming a low to middle level poltergiest
A ghost with the ability to manipulate certain areas of physical matter.

The fact being she needed to contact her husband to get him to find the killer and stop him attached her to his prescence.Therefore she was able to connect with him through the events in which you saw.

There are many reasons why places are haunted.Whether its a person place object time or whatever these are what I call fetters.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've seen the movie too :-)
I wanted to see how close to real they got this one.

Truth?
The truth is this. It doesn't matter where you are - it matters how perceptive you are, how sensative you are. If you are highly sensative you will know that they are everywhere. And they are easily able to communicate things to a person receptive no matter where that person is. There is no geographical 'distance' in these matters. That would be like trying to fill a box with your thoughts.

Now, I suppose if a person was 'only a little sensative'... maybe that person would only be able to precieve something vey strong. If that was the case, it still isn't the geographical location that is in question, but the entity or energy the person is precieving. The only way that would tie in with location at all is if you believe a particular person or place is 'haunted' with a particularly 'strong' energy.

new topics

top topics

join