It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 U.S. Military Planes Sent To Location Near Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
90 U.S. planes left a base and have been sent to a location in asia near Iran. This report was on Jon Gibson's show on Fox News. If you follow the hardware (bomber planes and fighters) it might tip off an impending military strike.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 13/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
was there a mention of what base the planes took off from?
What time they left?
What type of aircraft?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And a link.....

www.washtimes.com...

Of course, it's only a "rotation" if existing units return home. Have to wait and see if that happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is very ominous, but I think an even better stance of a showdown with Iran would be to keeping a closer eye on Israel stance and deployments, even if they don’t take part in any action (which I doubt, they might even spearhead it) they would most definitely get a heads up at the very least before anything went down like they did back in first gulf war. We’ve wasted too much time in Iraq focusing on the flashy instead of the real targets. I mean even though it’s Europe now that calling for some kind of action we have a credibility problem yelling WMD now, and we have troops now with-in striking range of Iran. And mark these words now, if we move on Iran with things the way they are in Iraq, the insurgency there will take the shift inf American manpower and attention to Iran* an go on an all out terror spree, which if we’re not careful or plain lucky would derail Iraq into a chaos we have not seen with all that has gone down there, could easily spill into a civil war there if we move out a significant number of us forces and the insurgency takes proper advantage of the situation.

(edit spelling)

[edit on 1/13/2006 by Oblivions void]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
but if Europe gets involved with attacking Iran, Europe will be drawn into Iraq too if the insurgents uprise too much because successful operations in Iran could be threatened by insurgents in Syria and Iraq.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One thing at least, with the American media reporting anything and everything and let the chips fall where they may, Iran's probably saving a lot of money on their spy network.

To heck with going out in the world and digging the info up, just tune in Fox - and the others - and everything you need to know will soon be broadcast.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
With the media ringing their hands and repeating the same mantra of "Iran holds all the chips". I would bet our president has something in the works, while The rest of the world seems neutral to the thought of IRAN having a nuclear weapon. We have the power and we should use it to help the world. Even if it means becoming the "bad guy". We just cannot let that madman have the bomb.

In fact, every new nation that gets the bomb rasies the chances of a nuclear disaster. Why stand by as some crazy fundie tries to get a nuke? He has publicly stated what he would like to do with power like that.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

To heck with going out in the world and digging the info up, just tune in Fox - and the others - and everything you need to know will soon be broadcast.

How dare you! Freedom of speech buddy, National Security and an ongoing war mean nothing to us, the war is just a simple label that has no effect over the media. (Tis was sarcasm, for our new members who might not know my positions)

[edit on 13-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
where is "SW Asia" what country is that? pakistan?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
jaja? pakistan doesnt even border iran....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We all knew Iran was next... all this media hype and talk of the UN security councel is just hype to get the public to fear Iran and to support another illegal war.

For the corporate lobbyists and administration officials who will start this war, its a win win situation. Bush and his cronies know that once Iran has been referred to the UN security council, China will veto any resolution. That's a win win situation for Bush, because then he can claim that the UN doesn't work. Bush will go on tv and pronounce 'the political course has been exhaused and 'regretably' military action is needed. Of course, reality isn't so simple. The war will be another illegal act of agression and it will be completely premeditated.

Many more thousands of your sons and daughters will die along with a few hundred thousand iranian civies (assuming bush doesn't use his new generation of low-yield nukes, perfect for the battlefield)... thats the exciting part, you know... we get to see the action every night on the tv.

Then the boring part begins, when the huge Iranian oil reserves (even bigger than Iraq's) and every other industy in Iran, are carved up for private US corporations. Of course, when that happens, you probably won't be that interested... the thread i made called 'operation corporate freedom' was all about how Iraq is being turned into a cash cow, and no-one really gave it much attention...

Look at the map bellow, if the USA invades Iran, then you'll own a huge chunk of the middle east... its just a coincedence that more than half the worlds remaining oil and gas supplies fall in the purple shaded area, just a coincedence! You see, in this world... countries don't invade other countries for selfish reasons. Its all about humanitarian intervention. Its too bad that the russians and chinese don't have such big hearts as the americans, because otherwise Russia or China might have taken upon themselves the burden of liberating these countries... but no, its the americans who have the bigger hearts, so we do all the liberating! And the oil? well... the USA can't help it if all these troubled countries happen to lie ontop of all that oil and gas. Our intentions are pure.

If you can't sense the irony in what i just wrote, then man... you really do live in la la land!

PS the Iranian oil bourse opens in March, which might mean the attack will happen in... March.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You'll have to color in Syria too. Now imgine if liberated Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria all decide to band together and form one large pro-western regime... That would be fantastic. The return of the glory of babylon and persia.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
They're going to Iraq, and I highly doubt it's the entire wing. The logistics of moving even 12 or 16 fighters in HUGE, moving an entire wing is 10 times worse. They may deploy most of two squadrons though. They won't give numbers or location until after they arrive at their base in the Middle East. It is going to however be their second biggest deployment in unit history.

The exact number of members being deployed or where they will be going in Iraq will remain classified until the unit has arrived, he said.

The Indiana Air National Guard unit – nicknamed the Blacksnakes – is being deployed on a rotation with two other National Guard units from Atlantic City and Burlington, Vt.

www.fortwayne.com...

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The leader of Iran has declared his intentions to destroy another country in the Middle East and to share all knowledge of nuclear weapons with other countries in the Middle East. Then he has led his country to start kicking out the UN and continue research on developing nuclear energy which may also be used to develop nuclear weapons IMO.

Iran is not cooperating to guarantee to the outside world that they are not developing weapons of mass destruction and have expressed a desire to share weapons of mass destruction as soon as they have the knowledge and/or equipment. I find this situation a bit destructive and wouldn't be surprised if other countries won't put up with it and try secretly deploying extra forces within range.

I'm hoping the council of Iran if I read that correctly somewhere is in real control and not the president of Iran and that they will eventually agree to UN inspections and controls so that other countries that feel threatened in one way or another don't feel a need to attack them. Bush made a declaration early after 9/11 to fight terrorism and if he feels like Iran is going to share nuclear technology with terrorists, he may feel obligated to do some bombing before the west gets bombed by nuclear terrorists. I just wish the leaders of Iran understood this and got busy cooperating with UN inspectors before it's all too late to stop.

I don't know, maybe the council of Iran and/or the President of Iran wants a fight and the opportunity to nuke Israel and parts of Europe after a war starts. I'd really prefer Iran to play ball with the UN, develop their economy and get rid of all this talk about possible war. If certain powers do want Iran's oil, Iran could stifle them a bit by simply agreeing to UN demands for restrictions and inspections on their nuclear program. I'm hoping for a peaceful agreeable outcome. A little bit of news about extra planes being deployed may be thought of as some bargaining chips, maybe.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 14-1-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, it's about time as this move does not come as to much of a surprise. With the current mood in Iran and the U.S. along with the majority of the E.U., this move of some of our air forces towards Iran would appear to me to be a message hopefully for Iran to grasp the seriousness of what they are starting to get into.
What I find remarkable about Iran is their shaky and lame excuse's about wanting nuclear energy for peaceful means on one hand, while the other hand declares and vows to wipe Isreal of the face of the map while all along, they are sitting on major reserves of oil.
I can and do understand the reason that Iran connot have such weapons because it would turn the whole area of the Middle East into a tenderbox. It is bad enoungh that N. Korea has several from what I understand and just like Krazy Kim, Iran whould use them in a heartbeat just to show they had amassed a formidible power dictated from their Holy Men. [Religon of Peace]
Iran having nukes means its going to have to force our hand in the area and it is known that we are already having trouble in the region. What would we do if they lobbed several nukes into Isreal ? We would be sucked in just for defending Isreal.
I think the next question would be how Isreal would react to such a infirngment. It is generally understood that Isreal already has some nukes and I feel they would not hesitate to retaliate in the same manner.
Let us all hope that Iran wakes up and sees the light; not in the form of a mushroom.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Look at the map bellow, if the USA invades Iran, then you'll own a huge chunk of the middle east... its just a coincedence that more than half the worlds remaining oil and gas supplies fall in the purple shaded area, just a coincedence! You see, in this world... countries don't invade other countries for selfish reasons. Its all about humanitarian intervention. Its too bad that the russians and chinese don't have such big hearts as the americans, because otherwise Russia or China might have taken upon themselves the burden of liberating these countries... but no, its the americans who have the bigger hearts, so we do all the liberating! And the oil? well... the USA can't help it if all these troubled countries happen to lie ontop of all that oil and gas. Our intentions are pure.

What!!
you getting me pissed.are you so dumb that you dont see the damn intentions of your own country.
there is a damn reason that the countrys they(liberaret) is full of ******** oil are you so stupid?
or maby you no it but youjust defending your country: no problem with that
Oh yeah and you say russians and chinees dont have the good heart of liberating other country he.yes they dont wont interfere with country stikking there noses in some one else busines.
And i may ask y not attack north lorea first they are more advanced in there nucliar projects and moer advanced in tecno.
y not attack them first he?
and only a dumbass nows that liberating iraq wasnt for usa (good) heart
it had its reason of throwing away more then 100 biljon dollars for (liberating) iraq usa was the own who helped in brining saddam 35 years ago 2 the power dont believe me? go do some research about it.
and now they want 2 waste even more money then the war of iraq and waste even more lives into wars with iran syria and if there not chickens North korea.
tell me y is that do they have that of huge heart you gotta be kiding me
even the pope dusnt have that heart think about what i sed for 15 min only.
then start telling me im some one hates the west in fact no i dont .
ilive in the west and have no problem.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by BaCk2thereallife]

[edit on 14-1-2006 by BaCk2thereallife]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

How dare you! Freedom of speech buddy, National Security and an ongoing war mean nothing to us, the war is just a simple label that has no effect over the media. (Tis was sarcasm, for our new members who might not know my positions)

[edit on 13-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

I think you perhaps you misunderstood me.
I was commenting on the fact that Iran would be the one listening to Fox for military information.

And if I'm misunderstanding you, and you think it's ok for US news agencies to give away US troop movements thereby endangering American and Allied lives, then we disagree.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

One thing at least, with the American media reporting anything and everything and let the chips fall where they may, Iran's probably saving a lot of money on their spy network.

In your rush to blame the media you seem to have missed who released this information:

A “significant number” of members from the Fort-Wayne based 122nd Fighter Wing will be deployed overseas within the next three weeks for Operation Iraqi Freedom, the wing’s commander, Col. Jeffrey Soldner, said Friday.

(from Zaphod58's link)

And if I'm misunderstanding you, and you think it's ok for US news agencies to give away US troop movements thereby endangering American and Allied lives, then we disagree.

Apparently, Col. Soldner doesn't agree.
The military releases news about troop movements to the press all the time, who then report it. If the military wanted this kept under wraps, chances are the Colonel would not be issuing statements to the press about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
jaja? pakistan doesnt even border iran....

Actually Iran and Pakistan share a border and it isn't a small distance either.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
ok what was i thinking, forgot about the south part....

[edit on 15-1-2006 by namehere]

<<   2 >>

join