It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thats it! We are so had. Bush has sole authority to impose Martial Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
If John Kerry was president would you be worrying? These powers are available to Bush and every subsequent president, these are not special PNAC/BUSH/GOP rules.
Well, not every president we have had work for the elite, not every person we have had has the desire to rule the world, and not every president we have had has had the desire to conquer the world. Having said that, no, i dont know what Kerry would have done. I do know what other legitimate presidents would have done. Handle things with diplomacy and the backing of our neighbors in this world.

The rules have been in place i imagine for decades- this is the president who will most definately under the guise of terror will take advantage of each and everyone of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If John Kerry was president would you be worrying?

Yes. Plain enough?

These powers are available to Bush and every subsequent president, these are not special PNAC/BUSH/GOP rules.

And you are ok with that?

What other power does Bush need other than bieng the leader of the strongest country in the free world? I mean, what else is there? This man has the power at the stroke of a pen to change the nation because that is his job. You need to have things in place in case they are ever needed. When I see him talk he seems pretty content with what he has, he reassures his nation he is keeping them safe from terrorism (remember 9/11) and the economy is stable.

Try and Tell me 3 things that Bush would gain by declaring Martial Law in the US? 3 things...

Are you kidding?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I guess after listening to millions of Americans conversation Mr. Bush now knows that support for his agendas may not be there at all so it has to be done by absolute power.

The question is how far the regular American that love their constitutional rights and their right to bear weapons will allowed somebody that obviously is mental deficient to take over the nation.

I wonder.

When has President Bush listened to the conversations of millions of Americans? Also, can you please show me where President Bush has stated that Americans right to bear arms should be curtailed?

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If you read the link you wouldn't need three things because there are several things there...

the scariest of them all...

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

BH's Link

that last one means they can take the blindfold off of justice! ah, she's been peeking this whole time anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The second one freaks me out!

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

Forced labor??? Enslavement???

Yikes!

[edit on 13-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Did i ever tell you i like you?

Nice of you to say so. I like you as well. I'm just getting a little worried about you. I mean President Bush may have different ideas than yourself, but he is no "Dr. Evil". He's a nice guy, I bet you two would get along fine.

Boat, look around you, look. Sit under a tree...ground yourself...(make sure its not rainning)

Its a bit to rainny outside to do so, but I will later.

This government will stop at nothing to continue expanding itself, hands in every pot. Now i am not just talking about overseas, i am talking about here.

No, see republicans are for smaller government, that is why President Bush has cut taxes.

When i put it all together (listening of phone calls, monitoring people, cameras, Patriot Act, etc....)

Congress approved the Patriot Act. And the Patriot helps keep us safe, can you provide any examples of the Patriot Act hurting any American?

Now that may sound ridiculous, weird, unfounded, DGtempe is a nutty broad, but i have this gut feeling that this martial law would be just the thing (after an attack, of course) and poor us, we will never know where the attack originated from, will we?, that would allow Bush to impose Martial Law. Ta daaaaaaaaa...........No elections.

There will be elections. See the President is just a normal guy, he is not some crazy power hungry freak. Why would he even want to do any of that?

Really, its not far fetched at all. And i am of sound mind and body.

I'm glad you are of sound mind and body, but please, don't keep getting all worked up over George, he'll be back in Texas before you know it.

Then we can all start complaining about the Clintons. I mean after all its Bill Clinton who wil be getting more than 8 years in office not President Bush.

-- Boat

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Boatphone

I Guess you forgot what they intended to do in New Orleans after the Katrina to ensure the safety of the people.

He can do it anytime he wants if he exercises his Executive powers that he is granting to himself.

Well how do you know that Bush didn't not listen to millions of Americans conversations? At least is sources that said he did.

Only knowing that he sign for it is enough for me, why does he need to do that?

Why have he been signing powers to be granted to himself to Begin with.

Its he planning to dissolve the congress? if the Republicans lose it this year?

Hitler did that didn't he? And people supported him because he was likable. right?

Why the president deems necessary to give himself powers with the excused that is to protect the nation, but what happen if the nation needs to protection from Bush agenda.

Taking in consideration that he is the one that can declare what is or not a national emergency. . . well if somebody looks suspicious around the White House then he can pretty much declare a “A National emergency”

Also now Bush relies on mercenary groups Alias “ the most comprehensive professional military, law enforcement, security, peacekeeping, and stability operations company in the world,”

For those that are looking into the “secret police” they don’t need to look anymore.

Blackwater is also a major U.S. contractor in Iraq and has a contract with the Bush White House to provide additional security work “on an as-needed basis.”

Are they all American citizens or they are foreigners in their Ranks?

Second as everything in our nation we always wait until is to late to do anything about it.

I guess we will have to wait and see if he does it or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Boatphone:

By focusing on the "guy," you miss the point of how the "institutions," designed to protect our free society, are being weakened.

THAT IS THE ISSUE.

Even assuming BUSH is an angel...what will you think of the next guy who does not behave with such admirable self-imposed restraint?

:shk:

Originally posted by Boatphone

This government will stop at nothing to continue expanding itself, hands in every pot. Now i am not just talking about overseas, i am talking about here.

No, see republicans are for smaller government, that is why President Bush has cut taxes.

You are kidding, right?

Blueprint Calls for Bigger, More Powerful Government

President Bush's second-term agenda would expand not only the size of the federal government but also its influence over the lives of millions of Americans by imposing new national restrictions on high schools, court cases and marriages.

In a clear break from Republican campaigns of the 1990s to downsize government and devolve power to the states, Bush is fostering what amounts to an era of new federalism in which the national government shapes, not shrinks, programs and institutions to comport with various conservative ideals, according to Republicans inside and outside the White House.

In many ways, Bush is simply accelerating the trend toward a bigger, more activist government that was started early in his presidency.

All of this is a far cry from Republican dogma circa 1995 -- the year of the Republican Revolution. Back then, GOP leaders from Sen. Robert J. Dole (Kan.) to House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) talked of eliminating entire Cabinet departments, including Education, shrinking government, and returning power to the states and the people.

There are very few republicans left in government today, imho.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Try and Tell me 3 things that Bush would gain by declaring Martial Law in the US? 3 things...

1. Power, power and power.

Power Corrupts

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely

An observation that a person’s sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. The statement was made by Lord Acton, a British historian of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

And in his mind:

2. Absolute Control

3. Status

4. Daddy's Approval

5. Ultimate Success

6. Admiration

7. To be the 'Savior'

8. Safety

9. To be a Ruler (King)

10. Revenge

There's ten.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Okay loam, lets read the article you linked too...

Bush is calling for new federal accountability and testing requirements for all public high schools, after imposing similar mandates on grades three through eight during his first term.

I really don't see the problem with this. The "No Child Left Behind" Act has helped improve the lives and the education of the poorest of Americans. This is a good policy, that has really helped improve the test scores of inner city children.

Hardly a step towards "complete control of America".

To limit lawsuits against businesses and professionals, he is proposing to put a federal cap on damage awards for medical malpractice

Another good program that helps out the little guy. Each time lawyers get rich off these types of junk lawsuits, we have our insurence rates hiked. This will stop that.

Again, not all that "Hitler" like...

On social policy, the president is pushing a constitutional amendment to outlaw same-sex marriage

A majority of Americans want this to happen. It is the Presidents job to follow the will of the people.

encouraging religious groups to help administer social programs such as community drug-rehabilitation efforts.

Oh, so worried...President Bush is out of control!!

In some areas, Bush has moved to reduce the size of government. The president signed three tax cuts into law in the first term, shrinking government receipts; held non-defense discretionary spending to a nominal increase in last year's budget; and is calling for similar austerity in this year's budget.

Read above.

So, this article is misleading...the title is misleading, but once we read we can see the truth.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is attitude such as this and this type of thinking that curtails anything ever moving forward in tis country.

THe John Kerry question was rhetorical.

Power power and power...Did you not read the post and try to digest anything you said without attempting to rant about what an ass our preisdent is. HE HAS THE POWER!!! What part of that do you not understand? Please try and provide 3 good answers as to why Bush wants martial law. YOu can't, becasue there are none.

As far as Katrina, Bush had nothing to do with that, it was directly the Mayor of New Orleans fault, with a heavy dose of mtoher nature to blame.

I am suprised none of you have tried to tie PRoject Northwoods with Hurricane Katrina.

(begin sarcasm)America is controlled by the media, fast-food and credit card companies not the government(end sarcasm)

Again, I ask a simple question, what does the Bush administration have to gain from martial law?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So, this article is misleading...the title is misleading, but once we read we can see the truth.

-- Boat

Truth? But I thought you said:

...see republicans are for smaller government...

So in other words, the size of government does not matter to you, as long as you support the reasons for its growth.

Just want to be clear about your position. :;

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Please try and provide 3 good answers as to why Bush wants martial law.

Can you please provide "3 good answers" to: What stands in the way of any potential abuse of power?

Am I now required to just "hope" things work out... and "trust" the judgment of all leadership to impose self-restraint and benevolently rule accordingly?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello Frinds:

Is president Bush a member of the so called
"Shadow Governtment"?, and acording to the little
I know F.E.M.A. can do it to. Is that right?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
just wondering how many of these things clinton signed, I know he signed at least one....once that one was signed, it really was all over. Bush signing more just expands it, I guess....

unless, he's signed some making it so that once under martial law, he and his pals are exemt from being prosecuted or something. but seriously, I think all the papers were signed giving the president the power to declare martial law after oaklahoma city bombing....guess bush is expanding them in some way.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Power power and power... Please try and provide 3 good answers as to why Bush wants martial law. YOu can't, becasue there are none.

The other 9 reasons I gave weren't good enough, either? Or did you even read my post?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So, are you people saying that there should be no government??

What are you saying????

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Bush is calling for new federal accountability and testing requirements for all public high schools,

What a joke now no only the school budgets has been cut along with lunch programs but the so called "Miracle" drop out rates in poor neighborhood is because the school stop counting them. Actually it has not change a bit, but has put the school in a deeper mess for lack of funds.

To limit lawsuits against businesses and professionals, he is proposing to put a federal cap on damage awards for medical malpractice

This Will bail out the malpractice law sues against people that have family members dying from poor judgment, also pharmaceutical mistakes on drug treatments can walk free from wrong doings, Vioxx anyone?

On social policy, the president is pushing a constitutional amendment to outlaw same-sex marriage

Really? how do you know that this is what the people wants, perhaps in your moralistic views you personally do.

encouraging religious groups to help administer social programs such as community drug-rehabilitation efforts.

And give away the reproductives rights to religious bias to control poor couples and specially women so they practice abstinence or have more children for the lord.

In some areas, Bush has moved to reduce the size of government.

You are really joking on this one, I am laughing my hart out, no wonder our country is in the mess it is when people actually believe all this BS.

I hope you were just joking with all these, right?

[edit on 13-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So in other words, the size of government does not matter to you, as long as you support the reasons for its growth.

Just want to be clear about your position. :;

No, I am saying that if you read the article you can see that the changes President Bush is making, do not really in large the government that much, and they are not bad changes but ones that help needy Americans.

Also, it [the article] states that he has cut taxes three times...the most important part of small government.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What are you saying????

I'm saying that no one person should hold the authority to completely override the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I'm saying that the checks and balances inherent in our system of government should not be in a position to be wiped out by the pen of any one person.

I'm saying that there should never be an occasion for any one person to have so much control over the lives of the people of this country.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join