Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Thats it! We are so had. Bush has sole authority to impose Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
IMO things just go from bad to worse. From what I am reading here and elsewhere and also judging by the complacency of the American people who continue to say stupid thing like, "I'm not doing anything wrong so let them listen to my phone calls and invade my privacy."

All I can say is get ready to bend over and grab your ankles, so what if you don't have a nuke crammed in there or a terrorist; in that case you really should not mind at all then about this minor invasion of privacy. And if you do mind too bad Bush has the complete authority to impose Marshall Law on you without affirmation from Congress or anyone else.
an excerpt see entire article a really important read.

www.capitolhillblue.com...

President George W. Bush has signed executive orders giving him sole authority to impose Marhsall Law, suspend habeas corpus and ignore the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits deployment of U.S. troops on American streets. This would give him absolute dictatorial power over the government with no checks and balances.
cThe authority to declare what is or is not a national emergency rests entirely with Bush who does not have to either consult or seek the approval of Congress for permission to assume absolute control over the government of the United States.

The White House press office would neither confirm nor deny existence of Bush’s executive orders or the existence of the Northern Command for National Defense. Neither would the Department of Homeland Security....

But my sources within the White House and DHS tell me the plans are in place, ready for implementation when the command comes from the man who keeps telling the American public that he is a “war time president” who will “do anything in my power” to impose his will on the people of the United States.

And he has made sure that power will be absolute when he chooses to use it.

mod edit--yes it is marial law---edit of spelling in title
martial law

Please review this thread----Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 13-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've seen this many times here on ATS. It's not "marshall" law, it's spelled "martial" law. The word "martial" comes from the Latin Mars, the Roman god of war and denotes the use of the military to act as police.

Regarding the rest of the post, your "sources in the White House"? Yeah, right. Why not ask those "experts" how to spell it.

[edit on 1/13/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Goose: you have to use quotes or else we'll think you are saying you have sources in the whitehouse and DHS...not the dood in the article. just put
[ quote] at the beginning of what you are taking from the article and [ /quote] at the end or use the quote icon at the top of the reply page. A box will come up and you can copy and paste the quote you want. The code will be entered for you.

should look like this:

President George W. Bush has signed executive orders giving him sole authority to impose Marhsall Law, suspend habeas corpus and ignore the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits deployment of U.S. troops on American streets. This would give him absolute dictatorial power over the government with no checks and balances.
cThe authority to declare what is or is not a national emergency rests entirely with Bush who does not have to either consult or seek the approval of Congress for permission to assume absolute control over the government of the United States.

The White House press office would neither confirm nor deny existence of Bush’s executive orders or the existence of the Northern Command for National Defense. Neither would the Department of Homeland Security.

But my sources within the White House and DHS tell me the plans are in place, ready for implementation when the command comes from the man who keeps telling the American public that he is a “war time president” who will “do anything in my power” to impose his will on the people of the United States.

And he has made sure that power will be absolute when he chooses to use it.

Bush could sieze absolute control

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sorry about the spelling I usually do spell it the correct way but since that was the way it was in the article I assumed I was wrong, but still its not that bigger deal unless you want to dismiss the whole article due to some bad spelling.

As for quotes I just always put the excerpt from the article underneath the link which I feel is a clear indication that it is from the website indicated especially since I always put excerpt above it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I feel like I am about to hijack your thread, which I don't want to do because it is worthy of discussion, still it was hard for me to understand where your comments ended and the article began. Plus, it is ats policy that you use proper quotes.

About Ats: Warning for excessive quoting and how to quote
Proper quotes

they explain it better than I can.
either way thanx for the article.
it was informative.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Capitol Hill Blue

This would give him absolute dictatorial power over the government with no checks and balances.

This is what bothers me most about this article, and it's happening more and more with this president (and administration). I keep remembering the quote he 'jokingly' said about being a dictator...

One concern I have is regarding the 2006 elections. If there is a reason to declare martial law, there may very well be reason to postpone or cancel the elections. I made a PODcast about it here.

goose - Like Saphronia, I'm torn between bringing this up and letting it go, but seeing as how the topics of copyright infringement and plagiarism are current on ATS, I decided to bring it up. I hope I don't get caned...

Originally posted by goose
Sorry about the spelling I usually do spell it the correct way but since that was the way it was in the article

I don't know what's going on, but it is not spelled that way in the article.

As for quotes I just always put the excerpt from the article underneath the link which I feel is a clear indication that it is from the website indicated especially since I always put excerpt above it

I understand, but that's not good enough.

External Quotes

There are now regular quotes for quotes from other posts and External quotes.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The correct way to cite external source's is with the new external tag's, reserving the quote tag to quote another member's post when replying to it.

[ ex] [/ ex]

www.capitolhillblue.com...

President George W. Bush has signed executive orders giving him sole authority to impose martial law, suspend habeas corpus and ignore the Posse Comitatus Act that prohibits deployment of U.S. troops on American streets. This would give him absolute dictatorial power over the government with no checks and balances.

This is what it should look like. Easier to read to.

Not sure what to make of the article, or the validity of his so called source's. Will be looking up some of what's posted in the article. So far in my opinion it appear's to be an anti-Bush propaganda website.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok, after reading this it seems that this has not happened. At least that is what I am getting out of it. This is just speculation? I hope so, because if this has happened, then our civil war has just begun.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
With thanks to UK Wizard.
Quote Reference.

Originally posted by UK Wizard
There are now several methods of ''quoting'' on the ATS boards, each of these tags are designed to show the type of quote, whether it be a quote from a member, an external news story quote or simply an external quote.

sanctum

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd like to see the "text" of the executive orders (

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Absolute control is what this bufoon wants, and he will get it, if he doesnt get it he will "take it" Beleive me, we will still be dealing with him after 2008.

But it is as it is. When i was saying these things a year ago, i was just crazy.
Its all becoming reality.So my next prediction is that he will find the way to REMAIN president so that he can accomplish all his goals.

Beleive it or not. Crazy, you say? It cant be done? Just wait and see.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Sorry about the spelling I usually do spell it the correct way but since that was the way it was in the article I assumed I was wrong, but still its not that bigger deal unless you want to dismiss the whole article due to some bad spelling.

As for quotes I just always put the excerpt from the article underneath the link which I feel is a clear indication that it is from the website indicated especially since I always put excerpt above it.
Please dont feel badly about your spelling. We have people here from all over the world. Americans themselves cant spell that well. Dismissing a story because of bad spelling would be propostrous. Good job.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Absolute control is what this bufoon wants, and he will get it, if he doesnt get it he will "take it" Beleive me, we will still be dealing with him after 2008.

Where do you get these ideas? There is no evidence that President Bush want to "take power". In fact i'm sure he is looking foward to just getting back to his Texas ranch.

But it is as it is. When i was saying these things a year ago, i was just crazy.
Its all becoming reality.So my next prediction is that he will find the way to REMAIN president so that he can accomplish all his goals.

That is not possible, President Bush will not do this. Why makes you think this?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I hope you are right, Boatphone...

Still... the winds do blow in the wrong direction....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'd like to see the "text" of the executive orders (

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Did i ever tell you i like you?

Boat, look around you, look. Sit under a tree...ground yourself...(make sure its not rainning)

You are a very smart person, so i would assume that somethings that have happened over the Bush years are just a tad suspicious. This government will stop at nothing to continue expanding itself, hands in every pot. Now i am not just talking about overseas, i am talking about here.
When i put it all together (listening of phone calls, monitoring people, cameras, Patriot Act, etc....) and now this thread, it leads me to beleive our presidente wants full control of this nation and the peoples.
It is disturbing. This is not a president who acts as though he cant wait for it to be all ova so he can go hide out in his ranch.

Now that may sound ridiculous, weird, unfounded, DGtempe is a nutty broad, but i have this gut feeling that this martial law would be just the thing (after an attack, of course) and poor us, we will never know where the attack originated from, will we?, that would allow Bush to impose Martial Law. Ta daaaaaaaaa...........No elections.

Really, its not far fetched at all. And i am of sound mind and body.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Perhaps it can be summed up succinctly in the words of arch-conservative activist Howard J. Ruff. "Since the enactment of Executive Order 11490, the only thing standing between us and dictatorship is the good character of the President, and the lack of a crisis severe enough that the public would stand still for it."

That should send chills down the spine of every American.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I guess after listening to millions of Americans conversation Mr. Bush now knows that support for his agendas may not be there at all so it has to be done by absolute power.

The question is how far the regular American that love their constitutional rights and their right to bear weapons will allowed somebody that obviously is mental deficient to take over the nation.

I wonder.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you for that information.

BoatPhone- You can add those to my list of worries.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If John Kerry was president would you be worrying? These powers are available to Bush and every subsequent president, these are not special PNAC/BUSH/GOP rules.

What other power does Bush need other than bieng the leader of the strongest country in the free world? I mean, what else is there? This man has the power at the stroke of a pen to change the nation because that is his job. You need to have things in place in case they are ever needed. When I see him talk he seems pretty content with what he has, he reassures his nation he is keeping them safe from terrorism (remember 9/11) and the economy is stable.

Try and Tell me 3 things that Bush would gain by declaring Martial Law in the US? 3 things...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join