It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptians in Australia???!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Strip the subject down to the basic idea:

Is it possible Egyptians discovered Australia?

Of course it is.

They had seafaring capabalities and it's more then possible a ship accidently landed on the shores of Oz and if you dismiss that idea you are ignorant and close minded.

Hieroglyphs

Here is a link to another possible Egypt/Oz Link.

If evidence is debunked as being fraudulent you have to be very careful.

The Hieroglyphs on the hill might be fake but that doesn't make the ones in the valley fake.

It's very easy to dismiss evidence by tarring all locations with the same brush.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I came across these links some time ago. Pictures, discussion, curious stuff.

www.freerepublic.com...

www.science-frontiers.com...

www.awarenessquest.com...

There were some others, I don't know how to find anymore, they may be in these other links you guys have posted.

I still can't accept just how little study has been done of our huge anciently, continuously, populated continant sized nation.

And don't forget there was once a super continent who's break up and shift we can only still guess at. There's even talk of Ancient Hebrew found carved on rocks in the outback.

The Great Rainbow Serpent being disturbed and rising to, well yucky stuff... alot of it is also like Ancient Sth. American beliefs as well. Dreamtime legends have alot in common with many others around the world, odd for a peoples cut off for so long and thought to have been here for at around 60,000 yrs.

Some of the cave art doesn't look like Australian critters and in cave art elsewhere in the world, some looks, well kind of like wombats and roos.
Also DNA testing has found feral cats that aren't related to any others, native cats. The aboriginal women have always passed down the songs of how to run them down and catch them, for food when it was scarce, and found it odd that the white fellas didn't believe, they always knew we always had cats, because there have always been cats. Greenies hate this bit of natural history.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Once again I'd like to stress that evidence of Advanced Civilisations and cultures will undoubtedly be supressed by the dominant powerful religions or eventually incorperated into their beliefs if the evidence becomes to weighty to deny.

Egyptians contact with Austrailia and the Americas rewrites history and there are many people who don't like that.

I mean hell. You ask the average person on the street who discovered America and they either won't know or say Christopher Columbus!!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StJude

Egyptians contact with Austrailia and the Americas rewrites history and there are many people who don't like that.

Most people would hate it, to find out that what they chose to accept as fact, because they were never made aware of opposing facts, is a crock.

Human pride makes us much more inclined to defend fallacies, we know are fallicies, than admit to being deceived.

Where as most people wonder about what 'religious' texts the Vatican has kept from public scrutiny, I see the withholding of maps and other ancient indicators of the spread of peoples and there ultimate relationship to each other, as THE secret.

Pulling The Bible out of the middle east and applying it to the whole world, as it was written, is something that the, "we can save ourselves because we are our own gods" crowd couldn't dare allow.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
hey suzy ryan,

thanks for the links. Wow! Didnt realize how many people might have been prancing around the world so early. I mean look at that piri reis map. I think the person who makes me the most angry at the moment is Zahi Hawass! That guy just refuses to ackowledge anything new! Dont you think it would make an egyptian proud to realise that his culture might have been more advanced and enlightened then we thought?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eoyn
...I think the person who makes me the most angry at the moment is Zahi Hawass! That guy just refuses to ackowledge anything new!...

I'm glad I'm not alone in, 'sniffing something off', with this guy. He doesn't make me mad as much (though he really does irritate me) as remind me that it 'pays better', to keep a lid on the past than reveal it. This keeps me interested in finding truths of our past yet to be revealed.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
good info, thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Very interesting. I saw this thread last night, so I talked to a friend who is aboriginal about this. He has known of this by both a TV show, and "hear say".

Those small statues here are interesting again. Did the aboriginal 5000 years ago have tools to shape sandstone.

Another thing is that the Egyptions were quite an advanced civilisation were they not, so why did none of there technology get taken up by the local population.

I know that the aboriginal also recorded some of the first british fleet in rock art, so is there any rock are showing the egyption tourists that has not been found.

Were there any carbon dating done on the carvings, and the other structures, or has there been yet another coverup (why coverup this anyway)

So I will keep an open mind on this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by eoyn

It is true! The Egyptians did visit Australia. I live in Queensland and only a few hours from where I live Egyptian artifacts and a small pyramid has been discovered. Google "Gympie Egyptian Find" or something similar with the town name Gympie and Egyptian in it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here are a few links regarding pyramids in Australia.

www.gympiepyramid.org...
www.warriors.egympie.com.au...

Troy

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fingapointa

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this is proof of a lost civilisation.

These are from google earth,

not far from Alice Springs.
Dead centre Australia.

Explain these a way if you will..

Mungo

OH... At the end of the road that leads to PINE GAP.. !!

Co-incidence?

[edit on 17/11/2008 by mungodave]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A search of the rock art sites of the world doesn't list that series of concentric circles as part of any known ancient geoglyph. Since there's a road running right next to it, I don't think it falls into the "never saw it before" category.

If it was a geoglyph, it would have been recorded and put on protected status by the government of Australia. The original landowner would have made it a tourist stop shortly after the town was first settled, and it'd be listed in the Alice Springs tourbooks and sites of interest because... well... you really can't MISS it, can you?

So what is it? It appears to be agricultural -- specifically for watering crops. We have those things here in the dry areas of the US... big water hoses with wheels that travel in a circle around a main post.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And the "Egyptian hieroglyphs", as Hans points out, are faked.

There's a website on this (Gosford Hieroglyphs) that tells the whole story.

Basically, Park Rangers found an older man out there one morning carving the "hieroglyphs" into the rock face. They threw him out of the park, but word got around and ever since then, people have been adding "egyptian hieroglyphs" to the site to try and make it mean what they want it to mean.

None of it is Egyptian, and a lot of the signs aren't hieroglyphs. And the drawing of Horus is just... so... really really awful. It was done by someone who saw only one image of Horus and then faked it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
hmmmmmm. I ran those coordinates and get nothing like those circles.

Just outback without patterns.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eoyn

I am doing a PhD on it - they went out through the Red Sea, it was easy, they had made numerous trips down the east coast of Africa to the land of Punt, they simply went out the Red Sea, followiong the monsson down across SE Asia, thats how the Egyptians (using the Phoenicians) made it to and colonised Australia, 5000 years ago.

(removed personal info)

[edit on 2/12/08 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Okay, so why did these intrepid Egyptians not colonize the areas in between? There naval technology would have required bases and ports to support such an effort-why go thru such a long difficult journey? Why not record it?

Can you note the present of Egyptian colonies in overseas areas of the med?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thank You Byrd ! !

ROFL, At least this was amusing .

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Seriously, this is all rubbish and comes from rex gilroy's less than academic research.

Believe me, there are no Eygptian statues. markings, pyramids, or anything in Australia.

Look for the evidence. There is none. If this were why isn't there university papers about it? Why can't i find doctoral theses pertaining to the subject?

Because it does not exist.

Just because someone finds something weord on ther internet it doesn't mean it's true. Check your facts. Use primary sources, or even secondary.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i reckon it was the chinese that came to australia egyptians didnt really do much out of the nile...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join