It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptians in Australia???!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has been discussed before.

I just came across this site and would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

www.ufoarea.com...

Do you think this is true? How on earth did they get there? What route did they take? Around Africa? Surely they would have stopped along the way and there would be other evidence? Wow! to think that at the time they would have been supposedly building the pyramids they were trotting across the globe!!! Perhaps they made it to America also?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
THIS DOESN'T SURPRISE ME. WE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT ANCIENT HISTORY. EGYPTIANS,PHOENECIANS,CHINESE ,GREEK AND VIKINGS WENT EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Once again i forget the culture...i think it may have been the mayans...

a mayan civilization has been found recently in guatamala, it dates to an easy 1000 years older then the mayan civilization we all are familiar with.

dont know if it was this civilization or not that did it. but they created boats that could cross oceans.

i dont know if it was the mayans or not. but it was on the same program, and it was on the Discovery Civilization channel.

also they have been finding huge pyramids that have been grown over with vegetation, man made mountains, all over the world.

like hte post above says... we know relatively nothing of ancient peoples. or the peoples who were ancient to the ancient. we are not as young of a species as we like to think we are.

also on that program, metal alloy "links" between the perfectly lined stones were thought to be too advanced for the ancients to even comtemplate.

this alloy was not invented until the 1930's. explain how this ancient civilization created and utilized them in their creations.

we are not as advanced as we like to think.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's like oh my God you know...just when I think I've seen the most outrageous claim regarding the ancient Egyptians, another one comes along and blows it out of the water!

Show me some pyramids, mummies, funerary texts, etc. in Australia and maybe I'll consider the possibility...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The article only mentions this to have been a expedition. I dont think they colonised Australia. Anyways, I am not saying that I believe it, but looks like the writing is on the wall. haha

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Thor Heyerdal proved that travel onboard lowtech papyrus ships was definitely possible over long distances.The "RA" expdedition wasn't the only one he organised read more bout it here , more of his expeditions made clear that it was at least "technically" possible for older civilisations to travel much further we might imagine . As for the OZ egyptians , hmmmm honnestly smells fishy to me .

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by exsmokingman
THIS DOESN'T SURPRISE ME. WE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT ANCIENT HISTORY. EGYPTIANS,PHOENECIANS,CHINESE ,GREEK AND VIKINGS WENT EVERYWHERE.

Mods...get the ritalin. [Don't type in all CAPS, thank you.]

I'll go over the site and cross-reference the books I have tonight, when I get back from my exam for you. Hopefully Byrd won't beat me too it...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I’ve heard about this some time ago. It supposed to be biggest archeological find of last centaury. But the person who discovered it kept everything in secret (with the good reason, as the whole thing would get out of control if publicly announced) and I never heard about it again until today.
Apparently they found more then just hieroglyph writing, but they failed to mention what did they find.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think this has been shown to be a hoax.....

Notwithstanding which, the Egyptians may well have sailed - if not in their own boats, in those of the Sumerians - in the Indian Ocean. And it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that, intentionally or otherwise, some may have found themselves in Australia.

Tuk

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It is possible that egyptians could have sailed to Australia and America, their ships were certainly capable of doing that.
Wether their crews were capable of navigating and surviving that kind of voyage is a completely different matter..

If Egyptians did visit Australia, they most likely ended there because they got lost..
I doubt they could have navigated in southern hemisphere because all star constellations are different and they also would have needed lot's of fresh water.

There is some hazy evidence about Egyptians travelling America. (check nicotine mummies in google. No plants with significant amount of nicotine grows in the old world. (atleast nowadays))

As for that article, i think it is fake. Any Australian ATS members ready to go and check those hieroglyfs out ?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Research is always good. If it were true, then it would simply be incredible!!! Australia is such a long way!! The article does mention that the greeks did know of a land mass far to the south. How would they know this unless someone had been?

Speaking of which, has anyone read that article about the grand canyon and how some of it is cordoned off. There were reports of caves that had been found and inside...yes u guessed it...were egyptian relics and I think there were some mummies also! However, I dont think that can be true! Yet some of the similarities between the egyptians and american civilizations are a little to close for comfort.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Guys, girls, reptilians and others...

Best thing you can do, is try to get evidence. Check if this report is truth, find other sites that use it and especailly try to find a paper copy of it.

The Egyptian Boats were amazing, one way you could work out if they could have made it would be to link in the fact Vikings and their ships did.

I'll look into it as much as I can, I have my people doing some resaerch on the guy who wrote the article at the moment. Want to check out if he has made any other "wild" claims.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Best thing you can do, is try to get evidence. Check if this report is truth, find other sites that use it and especailly try to find a paper copy of it.

I'll look into it as much as I can, I have my people doing some resaerch on the guy who wrote the article at the moment. Want to check out if he has made any other "wild" claims.

Odium,
I looked into this somewhat last year. Found some info at Doug's Archaeology Site. Its "An email discussion between an Australian Egyptologist, Gregory P. Gilbert, and an Austraulian musician inquiring about them." Here's the link to the email discussion:
members.ozemail.com.au...

A short quote from it:

As far as translation is concerned, the inscription has several features which were copied from several 'modern' publications of Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, however the greater part of the inscription cannot be translated as it is nothing more than a collection hieroglyphs which do not form words or phrases. The exception, which seems to prove conclusively that this is a modern copy, is the copy of the king's names and titles found within photo e5r. In this photo, the large box on the left (which should be a cartoush) is headed by the Sedge Plant and Bee title which means 'King of Upper and Lower Egypt', while the name within the box is 'Khufu', who was in fact the 4th dynasty king of Egypt who built the Great Pyramid at Giza (ie. he is very well known). The box on the right is headed by a Duck and Sun title which means 'Son of Re', while the name within the box is unknown but possible could be read as 'Neferankhru'. Interestingly this name is written similar to Khufu's fathers name Sneferu' but has used an Ankh sign instead of a Rolled linen sign. So if we were to believe this inscription we would think that it was of Khufu of the 4th dynasty, unfortunately the 'Son of Re' title was not used until the 5th dynasty and hence this creates a major problem in our believing this text.

Hope this will help everyone.

If I were you (all), I'd save the link to Dougs Site in my "favorites" folder. Check out some of the other info he links to as well. It would save everyone here a lot of time, questioners and anwerers.

TPL

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So in all certainly faked. However i wouldn't be too surprised if evidence did surface to show visitations to Australia by the Ancient Egyptians. There is evidence to suggest that the pharoah Necho II sent an expedition around the entire continent of Africa by ship.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There has been evidence of the Egyptians making it as far as North America. So i would believe they made it to Austrailia also.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
these might have been done in the last 100 years by random people do they have proof?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
So in all certainly faked. However i wouldn't be too surprised if evidence did surface to show visitations to Australia by the Ancient Egyptians. There is evidence to suggest that the pharoah Necho II sent an expedition around the entire continent of Africa by ship.

Not impossible, I suppose, but quite unlikely, I'd have to say. Australia is an awful long way from even the Cape of Good Hope.

It's generally agreed these days though that Chinese sailors almost certainly visited Australia, probably fairly regularly. But, of course, this is at much later dates than the Egyptian times we're talking about here.
Harte

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I recall reading a little while ago about a pyramid up in Gympie.. they also found small statues and other stuff related to the egyptians..

found a link > www.warriors.egympie.com.au...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Great link. Argh. Would be great to see what our governments are hiding from us.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

these might have been done in the last 100 years by random people do they have proof?

That's one of the things i was thinking (the other being that it happened). How would you test that, i wonder? Carbon-14? Tool marks? If it was a hoax, they would've had to have a good understanding (or a good picture) of hieroglyphics.

Kind of reminds me of the Georgia Guidestones
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread53945/pg1

does anyone have more than a general idea of where these are located? I wouldn't mind going to see them for myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join