It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptians in Australia???!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There are ahell of alot of Aboriginal cave paintings that no white person has seen. There are secret caves that only the elder Aboriginals does know about. I saw sometime ago on t.v. that a bushwalker "discovered" one of thease caves, not even any of the media reported-knows of the location. I also have heard about hidden tunnels under Australia. So is Australia a ancient important connecting to the rest of the world? Thanks ATS members for posting all on this thread, because I really enjoy reading ALL the posts.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I do not know if anybody else does know or not. There is a rocky-type of mountain in West Australia that is belived to be 250 million years old.

Just wondering. There is a local story about the "picknick at hanging rock". I was wondering if anybody or the media has fully explored that cave area??? Is that cave "connected" to the tunnels? Just a thought. Thanks For Reading.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's like oh my God you know...just when I think I've seen the most outrageous claim regarding the ancient Egyptians, another one comes along and blows it out of the water!

Show me some pyramids, mummies, funerary texts, etc. in Australia and maybe I'll consider the possibility...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Quiintus]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
I do not know if anybody else does know or not. There is a rocky-type of mountain in West Australia that is belived to be 250 million years old.

Just wondering. There is a local story about the "picknick at hanging rock". I was wondering if anybody or the media has fully explored that cave area??? Is that cave "connected" to the tunnels? Just a thought. Thanks For Reading.

Picnic at hanging rock is a work of fiction, the style in which it was written makes it sound like it was based around historical events. While hanging rock and some of the towns mentioned exist there is absolutely nothing in any historical record that tells of a group of school girls dissappearing out there. Nor is there any record of any school in Australia ever being called Appleyard College, the private boarding school they supposadly came from.

Also, Hanging rock is in Victoria, not Western Australia.

Are you talking about the massive meteorite that scientists believe landed somewhere in what is now Western Australia 251 million years ago?

www.usatoday.com...

I'm no geologist but i'm pretty sure there would be mountains and rocks that date back billions of years in Western Australia. I also have no idea what relevance the age of a mountain has to the story of Hanging rock or these elusive secret government tunnels you speak of? Any evidence of the tunnels?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Though the AE could have gone to Aust., though it is HIGHLY unlikely.
There is no way they could have sailed straight across the indian ocean, they could have taken the monsoon express across the northern end to the indus delta, as have sailors for millenia. But they would have then had to port hop the rest of the journey.
Through the lands and islands of a numerous cannibal tribes and other very warlike tribal people.
If they did make the journey to the Indus delta, then they surely would have made contact with the port cities of the indus.
Cities which had a thriving trade with arabia at the time, if the AE had made to even there we would see signs of the trade.
but as far as I know no of the very distinctive trade items of the indus have shown up in Egypt, as they do in arabia and visa versa.
Nor have any egyptian items shown up on the eastern side of the indian ocean basin, like greek and roman items have.

The account of the trip around africa is very interesting, but that was even fairly late in egyptian history if I am not mistaken.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
not far from Alice Springs.
Dead centre Australia.

Explain these a way if you will..

What's to explain away? They're obviously prayer spirals of some sort, likely created by the aboriginal population, probably near an oasis along an old trade route (hence the modern road nearby). They're found all over the world.

Why do you feel the need to attribute it to someone other than the people who either recently or still live there?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is possible... the ancient Egyptians maintained a canal from the Nile to the Red sea for hundreds if not a thousand years or so... they periodically had to re-dig it as I recall. And we know that the Indus valley cultures traded with Sumer and Akkad and maybe Egypt as well.

If they did get to Australia it was how all the ancient vessels traveled, by hugging the coast....

Down the red sea around the bottom of Arabia along southern Persia and around India and down the coast of Burma/Thailand to the islands of Indonesia and then island hop to Australia.

It would have taken years and they would have had a far more compelling reason than sight seeing to make the trip... once perhaps, maybe... but not repeatedly.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please read the follwing article that I believe answers well whether the "phoenicans, egyptians etc visited australia', but there certainly was pre colonial contact with Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders.

www.abc.net.au...

Gojak says many people who stumble across stone artefacts or engravings that remind them of ancient civilisations think they are evidence of arrivals in Australia before the Dutch and English. "There are claims of everything from ancient Egyptians, which would be about 2-3000 years ago, through to Romans, Vikings, Phoenicians and South American civilisations like the Inca." He says this "broad folk idea" of secret visitors tends to be based on wildly speculative claims about isolated objects and "structures" discovered in undocumented circumstances. "Because they don't have any context, it's easy to make up their backstory," says Gojak.

Egyptians down under? (Image: iStockphoto) "It's not outside the realms of possibility at all that they may have come to Australia," he says. "But so far no one has presented any good evidence that they actually did arrive." For example, he says, there are no documents in Portuguese records suggesting they bumped into a great southern land. The Dutch and English, by contrast, were very proud of the fact. He also says there are no evidence of relics, such as bottles or pieces of ship equipment, you would expect to find if the Portuguese had landed.

On the other hand, there are cave paintings of ships, additionally in The Arhnam Land (northern coastal tips) there were Indigenous language development that created for trading a 'pigyn' dialect of Malay-Arabic and then portugese. This was pre colonial invasion 1788.

For more info on pre colonial contact see:
books.google.com.au... sig=8wcGN4LUwR--JLUKJ8JcfAvldiQ&hl=en&ei=OLEISsSyCo3ktQO5jZTVCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6

[edit on 11-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey there,
First post so bear with me.

I spent six months researching and writing an article on Egyptians in Australia. Yes, the hieroglyphics are fake but a lot of the other evidence, to the best of my knowledge is not. My findings can be summarized in the article orginally published in Fortean Times Issue #222, "Egyptians Down Under." If you want, I can post the article here but am not sure how to do that at this time.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I know Wikipedia might not be the most amazing source, but still worth looking at:

Significant work on the origin was undertaken by a Gympie historian, Dr. Elaine Brown, during the 1990s and early 2000s in which she found that the terraced structure was constructed by a Swiss horticulturist in the late 1880s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join