It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAE Farnborough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi Folks,

I've not seen this spotted on here before so apologies if it has.

In the middle of DRA and BAE Farnborough I think I've spotted a flying wing type model on google earth! I'm assuming it is a model or uav due to it's size.

Here are the co-ordinates

51 16' 09.65" N
0 46'46.72" W

check it out, it's a white stealth bomber shape approximately 6M wide. It becomes visable at around 500M height.

Interesting!!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Very cool...But why in the car park?!?!?

Wasn't there a "mantra" shape UAV being developed by a British company that was discussed somewhere on these boards a month or two ago?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
BAE did run a secret project called Replica who's aim was to research LO technology, many assume this carried on to become HALO.
I don't have a clue why it would be dumped there or out in the open, it is very close to a weapons store or bunker facility and within an secondary fenced area which often signals something interesting.
Replica was developed at Warton and tested under top security, it was simply a technology demonstrator used for RCS testing at night! As far as I know it did not fly and was only an airframe. Maybe this is an old model of that???

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi Robbie, I'm at warton too (1 hangar, working on harrier/tornado).
Do you have any more info on replica that you could share?
I'm imagining it was developed over in the "secret hangar" (if you'll pardon the expression) next to 358 on the southside?

My internal ext is 52443/58743 if you'd like to swap email addys then we can talk more privately about this.

Cheers,
Nikki Sixx (Phil).

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It couldn't be one of those paraglyders could it? With the small engine? I can't remember the name of them.

The wing shape is similar to a paraglyder..but that blue thing that looks like it was covering it may suggest something secret.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can anyone take a screenshot? I cannot find it

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can anyone take a screenshot? I cannot find it

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here you go NotheRaGe.

Smack bang in the middle, the white boomarang shape.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm probably way off, but could it just be a tailplane assembly on its own?

new topics

top topics

join