It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Polls?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I noticed that there was no "poll" feature. That could be a cool addition to ATS.




posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I agree 100%! Infact I pushed the mods to consider adding polls to this webite and they shot me down... I don't think they realise the value that these polls would add to this site, the members it would attract, or the instrinsic value of having more members.

Perhaps they are affraid of lifting the vail and revealing how many "whack-jobs" there are at ATS.


Good Luck, you have my support!



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That's something I truly wanted to bring to PTS when I was a council member.:shk:

If I'm ever re-elected and its still not available, that will be a top priority.

How can there be a political board with no poll forum? It would be huge. PTS would definitely see alot more traffic. And that would great.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The subject of polls comes up every now and then.
And I doubt there'll be posts on ATS anytime soon.

There's some good reasons for not polling here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
here's some good reasons for not polling here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...


Hey DToM,
there are NO good reasons NOT to have a poll forum.

Who at ATS doesn't know that politicos poll?


Doesn't ATS want to compete?

I would love to know the core reason "ATS" is against having a poll forum.

I would love to run one.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It seems to me the purpose of polls is really to get a feel for a trend. In the case of ATS I don't think it would be indicative of anything other than the weighted feelings of ATS memebers, and this would not be representative of anything other than ATS opinions (as oppossed to the general population), which it seems to me can be gleened obviously enough from just reading threads.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
It seems to me the purpose of polls is really to get a feel for a trend. In the case of ATS I don't think it would be indicative of anything other than the weighted feelings of ATS memebers, and this would not be representative of anything other than ATS opinions (as oppossed to the general population), which it seems to me can be gleened obviously enough from just reading threads.


Hello? Look at the membership of ATS... an ATS poll would be an excellent numerical snapshot of how America - and the world - are feeling.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
this has been brought up a few times in council forum

i'm all for it but tres amigos give the thumbs up or down



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I like the idea of an ATS opinion poll. It would obviously be just that, an ATS opinion poll, not a world poll. But, it would be interesting and informative. We don't need a poll forum necessarily, but a weekly poll would be kind of cool.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A poll forum would be a showcase item for ATS.

I think there would be a tremendous response to ATS polls.

Just my two cents.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I agree that there should be some type of organized polls here on ATS.

It would be intriguing to find a general view on certain subjects here.

I believe there should be a weekly poll, that Moderators could create.

While some people may doubt its merit, I think polls could be more of a positive benefit, if the questions where well thought out and chosen.

We should take a poll on who would want a poll



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Question.

When you say polls, do you mean like a thread where people post there choice out of a given amount of answeres by the poll/thread creator, or like a thing on the side of the main page, with a question and a multiple choice answer box, that you click on the answer you like, and press submit, and see the statistical results?



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Question.

When you say polls, do you mean like a thread where people post there choice out of a given amount of answeres by the poll/thread creator, or like a thing on the side of the main page, with a question and a multiple choice answer box, that you click on the answer you like, and press submit, and see the statistical results?


Both.



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
1. Do you favor having a weekly ATS poll?

2. Would a weekly poll be positive for ATS?

3. Would you take part in a weekly ATS poll?



posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

I would also like if users could insert polls into their posts.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]



posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As it has been pointed out, the owners of the site will make any determination on issues like this and it's also been pointed out that polls are not going to be added at this time. So this has become redundant.

Closed.




top topics



 
0

log in

join