It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.S: Skeptic Overview 18: The Podcast Contest Winner, and a Bit About Ethics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 18: The Podcast Contest Winner, and a Bit About Ethics
The Skeptic Overview finally returns with a new episode for 2006 with information on our ATS Conspiracy Podcast contest winner, some information about ATS 5.0 coming real soon, and I just couldn't resist hounding you about ethics one more time.

length: 33:47
file: atsspod_1211.mp3
size: 7920k
feed: atss

Project Northwood
2005, The Year in Threads
9/11 Fine Focus

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Congrats, DeusEx!

Enjoy your iPod when you get it. They're fun!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
One will, of course, savor the fruits of Apple.

Many thanks to SO and everyone else who listened to my podcast...I really enjoy doing them. So much so, I think I will do one posthaste. One again, thanks SO an everyone else.

DE

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
S.O. his name is pronounced "Dayus Ex" NOT "Duce Ex" oy gavolt!

Beyond that and you utter inability to annunciate the English Lanuguage (again) it was a hella good podcast.

Springer...

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I make up for it with my emphasis and whatnot!

Thanks though, springer. 'Preciate it. One does hope my English-language slurry can be deciphered.

DE

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Beyond that and you utter inability to annunciate the English Lanuguage (again) it was a hella good podcast.

Deus isn't English. It's Latin.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Im Hoping to work on a live podcast over the course of a few days.

I am goign to washington DC to march on the capital for the Pro Life rally. I am hoping ot make a live jornal of the march and put it on ATS politics. IM also going on a tour of th ewhitehouse.... I duno if I can take my little voice recorder in there with me. Any way. Debateable podcast by mizar comming up.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I know... I realized that after I uploaded... the problem is a psychological one... and related to the correct pronunciation of one of my favorite beers...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
XX

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I know... I realized that after I uploaded... the problem is a psychological one... and related to the correct pronunciation of one of my favorite beers...

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I heard you say that.

DeusEx, congratulations!

May I suggest that you christen the new iPod the "DeusEx Machina"?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Congratulations DeusEx!!!
(Dos Ex!) and congrats to all of the finalists!

Great Overview SO! You can annoy me with your background music anytime. I will rarely have you arrested!

I'm tempted to get involved in the Fine Focus group, but I don't know anything about the Pentagon situation and don't have an opinion on it. Perhaps that's best? I don't know. But! When/If a WTC 1, 2 and 7 focus group is organized, I'm there.

Here's a link to MrWupy's most excellent thread, Project Northwoods mentioned in the Overview.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mizar - Looking forward to your PODcast! Sounds interesting!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
WOW first time i herd SO's voice i thought he would sound like skelator ,lol j/k

lol nice song mr wupy BTW dont worry be haaaaappy never thought you had such a wonderful voice

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Way to go DE!!! WooHooo....

Excellant #18 overview SO. I enjoyed it very much. Glad to see you made it back as well, I was beginning to have conspiricy thoughts concerning your silence....(This time I was thinking Thomas Crowne had done you in!)

I look forward to many, many more,

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 18: The Podcast Contest Winner, and a Bit About Ethics (reply 1)
NrKy asking about the ads in the overview podcasts. Nothing hostile, just a little irritated to hear the free medium of the internet being taken over by the very thing that makes television unwatchable. ^_^

length: 01:40
file: atscpod_1220.mp3
size: 686k
feed:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ads? I'll have to listen to the Overview to see what you're speaking of...
Or maybe you can be more specific? Because I don't recognize anything in the Overview as being 'ads'...

I have trained my mind to ignore TV commercials, so perhaps it's spilled over into PODcast ads as well??

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
NrKy asking about the ads in the overview podcasts. Nothing hostile, just a little irritated to hear the free medium of the internet being taken over by the very thing that makes television unwatchable

Those are promos for other podcasts I thought would be of interest to the members of ATS. They help to break things up nicely and hopefully give some added value. It's a very common thing for podcasters to exchange and play promos.

It's nothing more than pure collaboration and sharing.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ahh, well, sorry to say SO, personally I don't like it. It is your podcast and you can do what you want with it, but in conforming to the democratic process that is ATS, I would like to post my vote for keeping our podcasts commercial free. 'Tis already bad enough that we have popups and google ads on ATS. That said, if it's the only way that they can get advertising for their podcasts, maybe they should contribute something to ATS, and label it accordingly; as for the google ads, it pays the bills, so whatever. ^_^

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Are the hallmarks of ATS and the true internet. Stating these are the same as television advertising just doesn't add up mate.

Podcasting is an infant that is trying to grow up. Freely supporting fellow podcasters and helping to spread the word about their podcasts is the purest form of collaboration.

Springer...

top topics

join