It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ongoing Terrorism in the US? You Decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In Dallas-Fort Worth today, a grenade is found embedded in the concrete of a local highway.
NBC5I.com

Along with this, divers are removing commercial grade blasting caps that have been found at a pier in Huntington Beach California
ABC News

In both incidents, authorities are puzzled as to who, how, and why these explosive devices ended up where they were discovered. In both cases, terrorism has been ruled out.
I find it suspicious though. Think about it, what are the chances of such extremely odd events occuring. Now factor in that they both happened on the same day. Could these actions be the test runs of mole groups?
I beleive that this is a good topic to debate on. Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I really don't think the grenade means anything, I mean it was embedded in concrete so that means the concrete must have been dry right?

Hell, in Delaware there have been more than 4 instances just last year of people finding old grenades in lawns, cement and gravel and what not.

Again I think people are looking way to much in to things and automatically thinking "terrorist attack". Which amounts to paranoia.

Just my take.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Actually, We had some better footage that the local channel 5 had that showed the grenade was more like lodged between two layers of the pavement where there was a fairly large crack between the emergency lane and the highway lanes themselves. I am going to see if I can get one of the still shots that showed this.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Thoughts?

Maybe the bad guys are testing response to these. That is what I'd do. If I was going to make a real big impact statement, I'd test with small stuff and see what the procedures were. When the good respond, I videotape it. Evaluate the procedures and do it again somewhere else. This time though I'd plant another fake and a real device somewhere close by to get the good guys. Just me, good thing I'm not a bad guy huh?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Perhaps we may elude to the fact, that while the war on terrorism somehow has taken us to Iraq (¿).....

U.S. borders, still, are by no means secure.

If such an effort must be taken to bypass the arbitrary role of the FISA, then why haven't the borders of the United States been subject to more scrutiny in terms of munitions, ballistics, and atomics (especially the ability of such objects to pass through)?

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Archon]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
there never has been a war of terror on the U.S except by our own governement. maybe im mistaken but we've only had one terrorist attack and that was sept 11'th and yet bush still keeps preaching "the war on terror blaa blaa blaa" this is not the war on terror it is the war of terror. for what hes doing in iraq using our soldiers to build his own oil pipeline. but anways if there is ever another "terrorist attack" it will be from secret agencys and such that do that and mask it as though its middle easterns who did it. so nobody suspects the white guy in a business suit of planting bombs cuz they are always looking for the middle eastern guy. its called problem reaction solution.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyroddy
there never has been a war of terror on the U.S except by our own governement. maybe im mistaken but we've only had one terrorist attack and that was sept 11'th and yet bush still keeps preaching "the war on terror blaa blaa blaa" this is not the war on terror it is the war of terror. for what hes doing in iraq using our soldiers to build his own oil pipeline. but anways if there is ever another "terrorist attack" it will be from secret agencys and such that do that and mask it as though its middle easterns who did it. so nobody suspects the white guy in a business suit of planting bombs cuz they are always looking for the middle eastern guy. its called problem reaction solution.

I have no idea where you perceive one terrorist attack on US soil. Did you forget about the first time that the WTC buildings were bombed?

Or how about Timothy McVeigh and Nichols bombing the Murrah building in Oklahoma City?

Both are classified as terrorist acts and it depends on what people want to believe. One can believe that a secret agency will carry out the next "terrorist" attack but no one would ever know the truth. The government likes to try and put fear into its citizens and if one wants to fall into it then so be it.

It is the fear of death that controls most people. I think there is too much paranoia running around the entire world.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rowdyroddy

good one mate

"problem - reaction - solution" along with some good old "divide et empera"

jolly good

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And the story gets deeper and deeper.
The bomb that was discovered in the SF Starbucks bathroom, the one that the experts that were on the scene at the time, all confirmed was a bomb. Now though, a forensics experts has determined that the "bomb" was only a flashlight with corroded batteries.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the blasting caps that were "placed" are now thought to have only been thrown overboard www.abovetopsecret.com...

There have been no updates out of the DFW on the grenade episode.
To me, this is starting to look alot like 1947 Roswell, with the goverment says onething and then.... oops our bad it was nothing scenario.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Deny Denial

I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect that a new “defense” in the “War on Terror” involves deliberately spiking news coverage of possible terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.

Some recent events that have made me go “hmmm” include:

- The curious case of Joel Hinrichs

- TERRORISM: Airline Crew Reports Missile Attack

There are many, many other cases of apparent terrorism-related stories that appear briefly on the national scene, then disappear down the memory hole, never to be heard of again.

It's actually a great strategy if that's what's really going on.

After all, if it doesn't make the news, it never happened, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You are correct Majic,
It could be taken that the goverment is "generating" these reports.
For me, I just grant the US goverment wish that much intelligence and forethought to actually do this.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
You are correct Majic,
It could be taken that the goverment is "generating" these reports.
For me, I just grant the US goverment wish that much intelligence and forethought to actually do this.

The pentagon admitted to implanting false media in Iraq. Why should American Citizens like myself be so sure that the pentagon is not implanting false media here as well.

The current administration of the United States is quite the alarmist faction. They do use fear to benefit their political will.

This is what begs the question to me...... who is telling who to be afraid... and why?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Actually Archon,
The US Goverment did NOT plant false stories in Iraq.
What they did was to pay for the Iraqi media outlets to air / post pro-coalition stories. Instead of only posting the negative side of the ongoing battle in Iraq, to post stories such as the one of the baby that is now undergoing surgery in the US for spina bifida.
There is a big difference between airing false stories in the media and paying for the slant to be a positive one.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The News You Can't Trust

Originally posted by Archon
The pentagon admitted to implanting false media in Iraq. Why should American Citizens like myself be so sure that the pentagon is not implanting false media here as well.

The best policy would be to not be sure of anything.

It is entirely possible that the U.S. government or factions within it generate false (or if not outright false, "enhanced") terrorism stories when political needs demand.

As I mentioned above, they may also be suppressing terrorism stories that would be damaging to their objectives.

The only thing I'm reasonably sure of is that commercial media organs are routinely manipulated by a wide range of interests, including government, business, political groups and perhaps some less mundane parties.

Maintaining uncertainty over sustained periods is unappealing to most people.

However, the alternative -- false certainty -- is far worse.

Question everything.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Which part of this sentence is unclear?

The pentagon admitted to implanting false media in Iraq.

Certainty is an illusion... as in Science...

until....

A theory becomes verified by it's physical application.

The physical application of this has not been contested, debunked, or even questioned.

I don't have an issue with the maintenance of uncertainty.... I don't remember anywhere proclaiming that I was stating anything other than my own belief, and that my perceptions were not based upon my belief.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Archon]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Clear Uncertainty

Which part of this sentence is unclear?

The pentagon admitted to implanting false media in Iraq.

The part that is unclear is the part that is false. See kenshiro2012's post above for details.

Ironically enough, your example illustrates my point perfectly.

new topics

top topics

join